What more liberal lies, Carbon pricing to almost double....

1 minute ago, Nefarious Banana said:

The 'turnaround on coastal Douglas fir is about 45 years.  On large logging claims like on Vancouver Island, you can log most of the year and never run out of wood.

Oh, I know they can shorten this turnaround to 30 years and all wood goes for pulp; no problem.

The problem is that this is not a replacement of the original tree / ecosystem.   First you have to wait for 50 years to get a tree of decent size; then this tree has to be left there for another 100 years to fulfill its purpose.

The way we do it; we take away those 150-200 year old trees ; plant the shrubbery and in 45 years just when we are  about to have a forest, we remove it again.    No, this doesn't work for the climate and the environment.

9 minutes ago, cougar said:

Really ????

The tee you cut today can be "replaced" by an identical tree in 100 years (if what you cut was 100 years old).  Just putting a few seeds in the ground that grow into a little bush in a few years is not a replacement.

So to quote you: WTH?

No, the trees today that are cut down on big work projects are replaced by those project builders. The Canadian bought off media and the environmental movement are both one and the same. They are both controlled by the international globalist elite. They both contribute nothing to society but grief and sorrow. The Canadian media is not a free press anymore. Environmentalists will never be satisfied until we are all living in the bush and living off the land. Why carbon is the environmentalists enemy is beyond me. We all need carbon in the air for trees to feed on which in turn gives us oxygen so we can breath. I am pretty sure that is how things work. Pricing carbon only means that the idiots who want less carbon in the air want to give up breathing. Carbon pricing or carbon taxes is just that? More taxes for the government to blow on their own pet globalist programs and agendas that in most cases do nothing for Canada or Canadians. But yet, according to another poll taken, the liberals are just slightly behind Scheer. If that is the case, this just tells me that most Canadians are nuts and clueless in the head. Just my opinion of course. WTH? 

36 minutes ago, taxme said:

WTH? It is the first thing that any environmentalist should be wanting to do is to go plant some trees. They appear to do more talking than walking. Many trees that are being removed from some of the many work project sites going on are being replaced by new trees. The environmentalists are not there helping. Most of the environmentalists that I see demonstrating are seniors or hippies. It would appear as though everybody else is doing the work of planting new trees except for the enviro whiners who seem to only want to get out there and demonstrate against new projects and new jobs being created from those projects. At least that is how I see things happening these days. 

And besides, the environment cannot be left alone and be stopped from being destroyed if Canada keeps bringing in way more new immigrants/refugees into Canada than it bloody well need. That is just common sense and logic which in my opinion is missing big time from environmentalists. Their beef should be against massive immigration into Canada every year. But what the heck, eh.  ;) 

Most of leftist want to run the show. Planning tree give you no power unless you are running a celebrities carbon footprint offsetting company . I am all for planning tree. 

21 hours ago, cougar said:

This is not a job for the environmentalists but for those who remove the trees that are already growing.   It is best for our environment if we do not cut those trees. Then we would not have to plant anything in their place.  

The best protection of the environment is to leave the environment alone and stop destroying it; not spending money on environmental projects.

As soon as read where your from , your post made sense to me...Must be another one of May plans is it, no fossil fuels , no more using resources of any type...perhaps you can explain just what do we use to build shelters with, what do we use for heating...

17 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

That being said, I reject the narrative that Justin Trudeau is a wuss.  

He doesn't lie cheat and break the law because he has no steel.

Quite the opposite, this is Pierre Trudeau's progeny.

The Trudeau's are not shrinking violets, they are tyrants

Trudeau having his own Vice Chief of the Defence Staff taken as a political prisoner, would have stunned Margaret Thatcher.

Margaret Thatcher would never be so bold, she would have called it what I call it;  Banana Republic.

Thatcher was a bully, but she was still a stickler for the rules.

He's much closer to his father than people think, Pierre had his own version of "Selfies"

Pierre was a celerity Prime Minister too.

Greatest Selfie of Them All : Just Watch Me.

Yup, and we all now know now what he meant by saying  "just watch me" and " welcome to the new Canada in 1980"? The old man commie Trudeau said that he was going to go about trying to destroy this once great and prosperous British/European nation as much as he could get away with.  The old Canada that I once knew growing up in is just about gone and is being replaced by incompatible foreign cultures that in most cases do not give a fig about our British/European western ways of life. He was a globalist like his young punk globalist son is today. Another four more years of that prime mistake and Canada is doomed forever. 33% of Canadians are ready to vote for this pro globalist in the next election according to one poll taken this week.  Shocking. :(

7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

As soon as read where your from , your post made sense to me...Must be another one of May plans is it, no fossil fuels , no more using resources of any type...perhaps you can explain just what do we use to build shelters with, what do we use for heating...

May would like to have us all go back to the good old days of living in and running around in the bush trying to survive on berries and catching fish. She is an environmentalist whacko. Thousands of jobs would be lost if that stunned commie ever became the PM of Canada. Without fossil fuels my life would be hell. 

Personally, I still prefer to live in a place with a nice roof over my head with central heating and electricity and with all of the modern conveniences that I have in my home today, and to be able to do all my hunting and fishing at Safeway. Just saying. :D

20 minutes ago, taxme said:

No, the trees today that are cut down on big work projects are replaced by those project builders. The Canadian bought off media and the environmental movement are both one and the same. They are both controlled by the international globalist elite. 

Again, they are not "replaced" .   A replacement is when your refrigerator is a toast and you buy a new one.

A tree replacement would be, when you bring a 40 meter tall tree to put in place of the 40 meter tall tree you cut down.  You see anything like this happening? No.

They plant a tree just to appease the public; but the actual tree is gone for good.

I am not part of the globalist elite but hey, there are things that make sense.

Carbon tax of course makes no sense; I agree with you on that one.

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

Yup, and we all now know now what he meant by saying  "just watch me" and " welcome to the new Canada in 1980"? The old man commie Trudeau said that he was going to go about trying to destroy this once great and prosperous British/European nation as much as he could get away with.  The old Canada that I once knew growing up in is just about gone and is being replaced by incompatible foreign cultures that in most cases do not give a fig about our British/European western ways of life. He was a globalist like his young punk globalist son is today. Another four more years of that prime mistake and Canada is doomed forever. 33% of Canadians are ready to vote for this pro globalist in the next election according to one poll taken this week.  Shocking. :(

He was one the inventors of Globalism, the Post National State wasn't born yesterday, this has been a multigenerational project

None the less, PET was a master politician, and that was a virtuoso performance.

Moreover,  everything he said was absolutely true and right, instead of cowering to the media, he went at them, he taught them a lesson live on tv.

56 minutes ago, cougar said:

Oh, I know they can shorten this turnaround to 30 years and all wood goes for pulp; no problem.

The problem is that this is not a replacement of the original tree / ecosystem.   First you have to wait for 50 years to get a tree of decent size; then this tree has to be left there for another 100 years to fulfill its purpose.

The way we do it; we take away those 150-200 year old trees ; plant the shrubbery and in 45 years just when we are  about to have a forest, we remove it again.    No, this doesn't work for the climate and the environment.

You have no clue as to modern logging practices . . . or forest ecology. It's pointless discussing forestry with folks like you.  Carry on!