Liberals exempt Chinese steel from tariffs, ship jobs to China

Argus

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Stalin was rolling up the left from within as well.

Stalin was very right-wing and extremely so as evidenced by the utter lack of anything progressive in his approach to governance.  All his generals, union bosses and apparatchik safely ensconced to his right and everyone else left out in the cold to the left of that.

Progressives in post revolutionary France would have immediately recognized what they were looking at. Conservatives OTOH would have been as oblivious as usual.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Stalin was very right-wing and extremely so as evidenced by the utter lack of anything progressive in his approach to governance.  All his generals, union bosses and apparatchik safely ensconced to his right and everyone else left out in the cold to the left of that.

Progressives in post revolutionary France would have immediately recognized what they were looking at. Conservatives OTOH would have been as oblivious as usual.

He wasn't right wing in the classical liberal sense, though he was a monarch of sorts, Generalissimo.

Stalinist is when you take out both wings and replace everything with yourself as the Godhead.

First Stalin took out the left, then he turned back on the right, in the end he had decapitated politics itself, no politics at all, only Stalin.

He was an evil genius, and a brute, but ingenious none the less.

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

He was a right-winger according to people who coined the phrase right-wing, to describe a dynamic of political power not ideology.

Right wing refers to those who sat to the right of the President of the French National Assembly, those people supporting the monarch.

Stalin wasn't one of those people, and in fact he liquidated those people too.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Right wing refers to those who sat to the right of the President of the French National Assembly, those people supporting the monarch.

That's right.

Stalin wasn't one of those people, and in fact he liquidated those people too.

He may have killed the odd supporter from time to time but he clearly empowered his right-wing for the same reason the President of the French National Assembly and its monarchy empowered theirs, more power.

Just now, eyeball said:

That's right.

He may have killed the odd supporter from time to time but he clearly empowered his right-wing for the same reason the President of the French National Assembly and its monarchy empowered theirs, more power.

I can only lead a leftist partisan hack to water, I cannot make him drink. /shrugs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Again, Stalinist is a thing unto itself, it is neither left nor right, it is the absence of any political spectrum at all, no left, no right, only Stalin.

The thing is power even in the absence of any political spectrum whatsoever.  Its probably like this throughout the entire universe for the very same reason.

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The thing is power even in the absence of any political spectrum whatsoever.  Its probably like this throughout the entire universe for the very same reason.

The leftist mobs in the street have power, in Revolutionary France it came to be known as the Terror.

None the less, Franco was of the right, Lenin was of the left, Hitler and Stalin transcended that political spectrum entirely and installed themselves as messianic figures in its place.

Even though I am of the right and a fervent Anti-Communist and Stalin was ostensibly a Communist, I still admire Stalin, because nobody killed more Commies than Stalin.

None the less he wiped the right out in Russia too, but since they stood no chance anyways, no loss in that lost cause.  I find the Romanov's and White Russians to be a dramatic and tragic tale, none the less they brought it all on themselves by their incompetence and tyrannical rule.  One might feel some sympathy for the children, but honestly, the Czar and Czarina had it coming, they were complete dolts, and they themselves had many shot by their order, live by the sword die by the sword.

The patriarch of the Russian family which lives next door actually grew up in Stalin's Russia as a boy, so I asked him what it was like, did he fear Stalin, did he think Stalin was going to march him off to the gulag at any moment, but he said no, at that age Stalin was a like a father figure, Stalin was everywhere, like Jesus in a church, but it seemed completely normal because he didn't know anything else.

Politics requires dissent, politics requires some sort of argument, Stalinism is the absence of politics, no politics at all, just a Godhead, a secular religion.

Stalin mopped up the Romanov's, then he mopped up the Bolsheviks, then he died not long after, so Stalin was actually value added in that regard.

And of course dear mister Stalin was our stalwart ally in the Second World War, the ultimate Nazi killer, after a bit of a shaky start when Hitler preempted him.

Edited by Dougie93

I actually admire Xi Jinping as well.   

I mean, he has rolled things up in China and installed himself as Stalin in a way that Western Elites thought was not possible anymore, and he's done it quickly and decisively.

Justin Trudeau v. Xi Jinping is amusing in the absurdity of it all, a babe in the woods sowing the wind in the face of the whirlwind.

Edited by Dougie93

It’s about time one-party totalitarianism ended in China.  It’s not a democracy and it’s time this regime stepped aside.  They’ve got quite a hit list:

One Child Policy

Cultural Revolution 

Failed Agricultural Policy (with starvation)

President for Life

Oppression in Tibet

Suppression of Falun Gong

Air Pollution

Aggression in the South China Sea and beyond

IP Theft

Political interference in courts

Political censorship 

Extortionist financing of infrastructure in Africa 

Currency Manipulation in the suppression of the Yuan’s value 

Arbitrary detention without due transparent process

Violent suppression of political protests 

And much more...

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

This has to be one of the most factually inaccurate posts I have come across.

20 minutes ago, J4L said:

This has to be one of the most factually inaccurate posts I have come across.

Indeed, quite the opposite was true.

Because the reality of it was,  all the namby pamby Bolsheviks were too afraid to go all the way, they weren't confident in their progressive reforms so they fudged it.

It was only Stalin who had the courage and power to impose all the reforms which the Bolsheviks, who he had wiped out, had prescribed.

They just turned out to be very flawed and bad ideas.

The terrifying aspect was that even tho the "progressive" reforms were disastrous, because it was Stalin imposing them, nothing could stop them, and thus how so many were mass murdered in the name of "progress".

A pox on all reformers I say.   

You see this dynamic in Canada now, because the Liberals are Bolshevists.   Bolshevik by the way is Russian for "Majoritarian"

With their majority the Liberals can't be stopped, so all their very bad ideas are being imposed on Canadians.

To include the very flawed idea of courting Beijing in order to use them as leverage against the Americans, leaving Canada in no man's land at the mercy of Beijing in a game which could get Canada crushed like a bug.

54 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

You see this dynamic in Canada now, because the Liberals are Bolshevists.   Bolshevik by the way is Russian for "Majoritarian"

With their majority the Liberals can't be stopped, so all their very bad ideas are being imposed on Canadians.

To include the very flawed idea of courting Beijing in order to use them as leverage against the Americans, leaving Canada in no man's land at the mercy of Beijing in a game which could get Canada crushed like a bug.

Yeah but Canadians have been reminded in the reign of Trump that we have to be wary of all superpowers, including our ally US, because it turns out that the Caligulas and Neros of past failed empires can still emerge and cause trouble in modern liberal democracies, with all their checks and balances.  

The Liberal Party of Canada held power for so long on the strength of its leaders: Laurier, King, St. Laurent, Pearson, PET (in a controversial yet compelling way), and even Chrétien.  I don’t think JT is in that company.  He has brought the party too far left and made identity politics the centrepiece of his mandate.  He’s essentially become the yes man for left-wing lobbies, with token gestures of economic nationalism, such as buying the TM pipeline.  He  has courted China far too non-critically.   He hasn’t set boundaries and brought consequences for China’s bad behaviour.  

Canada will be the size of the UK in about 30 years.  It’s time the country had a defence  and infrastructure equal to that strength.  JT is too focused on apologizing for events and situations that have little to do with the current generation of voters, even though some remediation for past wrongs is necessary.  So he thinks he’s a feminist?  Big deal.  He will likely pay the price at the ballot box because Canada does not have a one party system.  The Liberals are not the Bolsheviks or the Mensheviks and can be voted out.

The country has a way of life worth protecting.  External influences — and not just from China and the US — pose threats to freedom, safety, and prosperity.  That’s why energy independence and the ability to keep high powered weapons and other undermining influences out of the country is so important.  

Yet as we become more self-sufficient, we can’t stop looking outwards.  Opening up further trade opportunities and access to ideas beyond our borders can only help Canada.  The Great Wall was a cause of China’s stagnation.  Protectionism and exclusion are the wrong way to go about most things, though I’m happy to keep the guns out and tighten up on irregular border crossings.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah but Canadians have been reminded in the reign of Trump that we have to be wary of all superpowers.

Trump poses no threat to me, the fantasy of Canada detaching itself from America is delusional, a dangerous delusion, which again, is why I don't invest in this la la land.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Trump poses no threat to me, the fantasy of Canada detaching itself from America is delusional, a dangerous delusion, which again, is why I don't invest in this la la land.

I have more faith in Canada than the US, not in the area of defence, but of values.  Life is cheaper in the US.  Segments of the population are written off as too poor or problematic to really help.  It’s more individualistic and every man for himself.  What’s more, it’s a more violent and dangerous society.  It has also become less tolerant.  Don’t get me wrong, the US has a lot going for it.  I certainly prefer its weather, but not its society, which is more polarized politically and economically.  Yes Canada doesn’t have the fighting power of the US, nor the economy of scale, being a much smaller country, but that will naturally change as the population grows.  It’s probably best, however, that we don’t grow as large as the US, as that brings other problems.  

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

I have more faith in Canada than the US, not in the area of defence, but of values.  Life is cheaper in the US.  Segments of the population are written off as too poor or problematic to really help.  It’s more individualistic and every man for himself.  What’s more, it’s a more violent and dangerous society.  It has also become less tolerant.  Don’t get me wrong, the US has a lot going for it.  I certainly prefer its weather, but not its society, which is more polarized politically and economically.  Yes Canada doesn’t have the fighting power of the US, nor the economy of scale, being a much smaller country, but that will naturally change as the population grows.  It’s probably best, however, that we don’t grow as large as the US, as that brings other problems.  

You're just another sneering superior priggish knee jerk Anti-American. I shit on that from a very great height.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

You're just another sneering superior priggish knee jerk Anti-American. I shit on that from a very great height.

F*ck the sneering superior priggish knee jerk Anti-Americans and the horse they rode in on.

Let The Americans In, complete free trade with the USA, bring it on.

Edited by Yzermandius19