Anti-Pipeline Campaign was foreign funded

On 7/10/2019 at 4:21 PM, WestCanMan said:

Like I said right at the start of this, if everything that you're saying is 100% true, there's a whopping 14% difference. That's from YOUR OWN source. Do you think that anyone in Canada cares about a 14% difference when there are hundreds of billions of dollars at stake?

And to be completely honest I don't believe anything from the sources that you are citing. Misinformation about the oil sands is like an economy of it's own. People with an agenda of their own can get "scientists" to go out and do "studies" which come to whatever conclusion they are paid to reach. Just like the tobacco industry did for decades.

So true. Many of these so called expert scientists are paid to lie. That is why it is very hard to believe what those so called exports have to say anymore. As far as I am concerned 90% of the world is made up of/from bull chit lies. Who can one believe anymore? It is for sure that most of our politicians cannot be trusted or believed in with most of the bull that they like to spread around daily. We the people are fed chit every day and so many of them are so willing to just munch it all down without question. But hey, what more can be said about those people. 

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Do you think that big oil down in the States doesn't have any stooges out there peddling falsehoods? Do you think that I trust a site like phys.org? 

Do you think I care if our oil releases 14% more CO2?

Do you think I care what Global News and CBC say? I've posted on here several times about how caught up they are in passing around lies. Once I catch them lying blatantly I'm done with them.

The same people who bitch about the oil sands bitch about burning Alberta coal and how bad it is. I lived for 20 years by a lake that had 3 coal-fired power plants around it and I never heard anyone complaining about coal residue, smoke, or anything else that was coal-related. 

Your opinion of oil sands oil means nothing to me eyeball. You are the kind of person to get led around by the nose by people like Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, AOC, etc. I don't trust your judgement one bit.

We are all made up of carbon. Carbon is good and needed for all life to survive and grow on earth. Those who are trying to slow down or stop carbon emissions are trying to destroy life on earth and themselves, the fools. Without carbon we would all eventually end up freezing to death. Carbon is what keeps the earth comfortably warm and habitable. 

Source: NaturalNews website. 

4 hours ago, taxme said:

We are all made up of carbon. Carbon is good and needed for all life to survive and grow on earth. Those who are trying to slow down or stop carbon emissions are trying to destroy life on earth and themselves, the fools. Without carbon we would all eventually end up freezing to death. Carbon is what keeps the earth comfortably warm and habitable. 

Source: NaturalNews website. 

Water is also good and a necessity, but if it's flooding the cities and villages, then it's bad.

The rate of CO2 being emitted is tilting the balance of our planet. It's pushing the planet towards stronger and more natural disasters that are costing billions of dollars. 

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Do you think that big oil down in the States doesn't have any stooges out there peddling falsehoods?

Sure sounds like there is and if you'd paid attention to what I write and why you wouldn't have to ask that question.

Do you think that I trust a site like phys.org? 

No.   

Do you think I care if our oil releases 14% more CO2?

More importantly you don't seem to care how ignorant you are.  If you paid attention to what you write and why you'd realize just how ridiculous this last question makes you look.

Do you think I care what Global News and CBC say? I've posted on here several times about how caught up they are in passing around lies. Once I catch them lying blatantly I'm done with them.

You merely posted that Global and CBC were some sort of Canadian affiliate of CNN without providing anything to substantiate that.

The same people who bitch about the oil sands bitch about burning Alberta coal and how bad it is. I lived for 20 years by a lake that had 3 coal-fired power plants around it and I never heard anyone complaining about coal residue, smoke, or anything else that was coal-related.

Cool.  I burn about a $1200.00 worth of fuel at work every week plus I drive my truck to climate change rallies. The only people I hear complaining are people like you. 

Your opinion of oil sands oil means nothing to me eyeball.

That's hard to believe given the bandwidth you've expended responding to both my opinions and my facts.

You are the kind of person to get led around by the nose by people like Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, AOC, etc. I don't trust your judgement one bit.

The real problem here is how much trust you have in your own judgement.  I haven't read or listened to very much of anything the people you mentioned have to say - in fact I actually had to google up Rachel Maddow to find out who you were talking about.

I bet you never even consider googling up things people say or to clear the definitions of things to educate yourself or better understand what people are talking about do you?  The reason I do that is because I've learned to mistrust my judgement a bit too.  You should try it sometime.  Having my illusions shattered is something I've learned to relish.

Edited by eyeball

21 hours ago, Hudson Jones said:

Water is also good and a necessity, but if it's flooding the cities and villages, then it's bad.

The rate of CO2 being emitted is tilting the balance of our planet. It's pushing the planet towards stronger and more natural disasters that are costing billions of dollars. 

With your fear of the unknown, and your predictions that may or may not happen, you had better get started on building another Noah's Ark right away. Just some friendly advice. Personally, I believe that there is not a thing that humans can do about this so called global warming if it is for real. If there is anyone to blame for the global warming up of the earth it will probably be good old mother nature just doing her thing and about to change the earths geography. Humans will survive no matter what old mother nature will throw at us. Besides, I have other more important things to concern myself with. Global warming is not one of them. :)

10 hours ago, taxme said:

With your fear of the unknown, and your predictions that may or may not happen

You're making it sound like it's not already happening. Climate change is already costing us , RIGHT NOW. From increasing forest fires, to extreme floods, to droughts. This is already happening in Canada. Climate change is costing billions around the world. Did you know that there is a link between the Syrian unrest to climate change: an intense drought for several years in a row, made more likely thanks to global warming, caused “mass migration” within the country from rural to urban areas, which in turn contributed to the 2011 uprising which then escalated into civil conflict.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 10:18 AM, WestCanMan said:

Your opinion of oil sands oil means nothing to me eyeball. You are the kind of person to get led around by the nose by people like Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, AOC, etc. I don't trust your judgement one bit.

To be fair, I would not trust much of what you post either.

Anyways. So Alberta wants the government to step in and tell people to cut back production so the prices can go back up. This means GOUGING the people at the pumps and heating for their homes just so these companies can make a profit. Total deliberate market manipulation. I am sure this is illegal.

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

To be fair, I would not trust much of what you post either.

Anyways. So Alberta wants the government to step in and tell people to cut back production so the prices can go back up. This means GOUGING the people at the pumps and heating for their homes just so these companies can make a profit. Total deliberate market manipulation. I am sure this is illegal.

Alberta oil sells at far below the world price because they don't have proper access to world markets. A huge percentage of it goes to the US and it's like surplus oil for them now. They don't need it anymore. It's like selling ice to an inuit. Hence the need for pipelines, but our current PM is talking out of both sides of his mouth. 

Smirking westward: "You want a pipeline Alberta, we'll get it approved! Look I just spent another $4B of taxpayer money!"

Glowing with pride in front of his adoring Quebecers and his Saudi handlers: "Hello earthlings! No need to worry! We're making the pipeline approval process bulletproof and we're shutting down the oilsands!"

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Hence the need for pipelines, but our current PM is talking out of both sides of his mouth. 

You realize that the previous PM was not able to get the pipeline through either. He had almost a decade to get it done and failed. Was Harper also against the oilsands?

Edited by marcus

13 hours ago, marcus said:

You're making it sound like it's not already happening. Climate change is already costing us , RIGHT NOW. From increasing forest fires, to extreme floods, to droughts. This is already happening in Canada. Climate change is costing billions around the world. Did you know that there is a link between the Syrian unrest to climate change: an intense drought for several years in a row, made more likely thanks to global warming, caused “mass migration” within the country from rural to urban areas, which in turn contributed to the 2011 uprising which then escalated into civil conflict.

I do not believe that man/woman has anything to do with global warming. It is mother nature that is causing the warming. Talk to her about it. Lol.

So, if there is such a thing happening like global warmer then what are you prepared to do about it? Tell me some of the things that you are willing to sacrifice and give up and make your life harder and make the world a better place? Or what have you done already? Come on, I would really like to know? I know that MH liked your reply but I bet you that he would be the last one to give up anything to make his life a little harder. I find that most terrified people of global warming will talk the talk but will not walk the walk. Are you one of them? Just asking. Your move, fella. :D

What proof do you have that links Syrian unrest to climate change?  What? Did CNN or the CBC tell you this?  Over. 

1 hour ago, marcus said:

You realize that the previous PM was not able to get the pipeline through either. He had almost a decade to get it done and failed. Was Harper also against the oilsands?

I am starting to wonder if every politician in Canada is against the pipeline? Most politicians are so lazy and useless that they would prefer to make some ruling and hope that some court will strike it down. Then they can blame it on the court and have covered their asses. If the politicians gave a dam about this country, the GST would be gone years ago, and our Canadian dollar(peso)would probably be at par with the US dollar. Canadian politicians only want to look politically correct and suck up to special interest minority groups. None of them are worth the time of day. My opinion and I am sticking with it unless someone can prove me wrong? I doubt it though. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, marcus said:

Are you making excuses for him? Shame.

So you are saying that in the decade that he was PM, he couldn't get the pipelines through even though the laws were easier.

Yup. But the processes were at least hopeful. There was over $135 Billion worth of plans, based on the fact that it seemed to be possible. 

Within 2 years of Trudeau being in power all of those plans fell like dominos. I have a feeling that if $30B of that money could go to Quebec Trudeau would back in the saddle faster than a young John Wayne.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

And then there are the stunned blind ones who also refuse to see.  Can you guess as to whom I am referring too? Touche!! :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Yup. But the processes were at least hopeful. There was over $135 Billion worth of plans, based on the fact that it seemed to be possible. 

Within 2 years of Trudeau being in power all of those plans fell like dominos. I have a feeling that if $30B of that money could go to Quebec Trudeau would back in the saddle faster than a young John Wayne.

All these alt-left liberal prime mistakes of Canada that have come from Quebec have pretty much been running and ruining Canada for several decades now, and all have shown us in the rest of Canada that it is all about Quebec. If Quebec needed that pipeline Quebec would get that pipeline. All environmentalists and native Indians would be told point blank to shut the hell up about it and they would. But in the rest of Canada those environmentalists and Native Indians get a free pass to try and destroy the construction of the pipeline in Alberta and BC. If some people think that Trudeau gives a chit about the rest of Canada well no wonder Canada is in a big mess thanks to those clown bozos. G. Soros is one of the many big foreign fund raisers in the fight against the pipeline being built. Apparently, Soros and Trudeau are great buddies or at least Trudeau thinks he is Soros buddy. But Trudeau doesn't get it and never will that behind his leftist liberal weak back, Soros is giving Trudeau the finger. Trudeau the fool is being used by globalist Soros to help Soros continue to try and wreck and ruin our western economy and way of life and values. Soros hates all the western countries in the world. I believe that color make be a big factor in all of this. Hey, you never know, eh? Just saying. 

• Like 1