Canada needs to stop being China's bitch

Just now, Argus said:

China and Russia are using their unlimited access to U.S. defense secrets to rapidly modernize their military. They are also cooperating more and more with each other against the U.S. and the West.

Yep...same thing happened during the Cold War when the Soviets taught China how to build aircraft and weapons systems with western designs.

Guess what happened ?

...and if the threat is so dire, why does Canada continue to be a NATO deadbeat ?

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yep...same thing happened during the Cold War when the Soviets taught China how to build aircraft and weapons systems with western designs.

Guess what happened ?

...and if the threat is so dire, why does Canada continue to be a NATO deadbeat ?

Because Canada's PM is a weak-kneed, spineless, simpering boy who thinks he can smile his way out of every problem. We both know that. 

Just now, Argus said:

Because Canada's PM is a weak-kneed, spineless, simpering boy who thinks he can smile his way out of every problem. We both know that. 

Yes...but Canada has been starving defence for decades, so it is not all on him....goes back to his father.

The main point is that fears about China and any U.S. posturing ring hollow when Canada has chosen to do far less.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Guess what happened ?

Look i''l be honest with you. Canada is dirt Cheap, we blow all our money sending drug money to natives, while we don't pick up our share in Military defense. We been leaching off the American Nuclear Umbrella for far too long. The very least we can do, is say thank you. 

Some Canadians talk crap about American's, but they should stop biting the hand that feeds them. My biggest worry is that you will go bankrupt, and will be stuck with the side effects.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

Look i''l be honest with you. Canada is dirt Cheap, we blow all our money sending drug money to natives, while we don't pick up our share in Military defense. We been leaching off the American Nuclear Umbrella for far too long. The very least we can do, is say thank you. 

Some Canadians talk crap about American's, but they should stop biting the hand that feeds them. My biggest worry is that you will go bankrupt, and will be stuck with the side effects.

With Trump at the helm driving the debt ever farther through the roof they may go bankrupt. Ah well, luckily we haven't yet pissed off our European allies.

6 minutes ago, Owly said:

With Trump at the helm driving the debt ever farther through the roof they may go bankrupt. Ah well, luckily we haven't yet pissed off our European allies.

As much as I hate Trudeau for lecturing us on "Peoplekind", he would do a far better job in the US.

Look Trump has increases the defficit too 1.5 Billion. 

Obama was at 1.3 Billion his worst year.

So trump is outspending Obama... during an economic boom

Trudeau is running 19 Billion dollar deficit, I believe. 

So if you multiply it by 10 that's 190 billion.

Trump his increasing America's debt, Six times faster than Trudeau.

Compared to Trump, Obama, or Bush, Trudeau is the Fiscal conservative.

I only vote for the person, who spends the least amount of Money. I'm considering voting for Trudeau, because if Sheer does any stupid Tax cuts he better be prepared to cut Spending.

For every dollar you cut in Taxes, you should cut two in spending

Edited by Robert Greene

1 minute ago, Robert Greene said:

Point noted...but thank yous are for the diplomatic corp, not international military brinksmanship.   Canada is now incapable of mounting sustained air power and naval power projection even at levels possible just 20 years ago.    There is little domestic support for military spending, and experienced Canadian Forces members are reluctantly leaving in droves, needing to fight for their veteran benefits too.    It's near complete capitulation....with only jobs keeping defense manufacturing alive (e.g. GDLS London).

Well, many (not all) Canadians and their media have been talking smack about the evil USA for generations, if only as a way to define the Canadian identity (as "not American").

Canada should fear a U.S. default and collapse, but that should be even more motivation to diversify exports, build the damn pipelines/refineries, and do more value added manufacturing in country. 

Americans are largely ambivalent about Canada, wishing Canada no ill will, and largely ignoring Canada's domestic politics.   Americans do not wake up each day worrying about the Canadian economy.

14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...but Canada has been starving defence for decades, so it is not all on him....goes back to his father.

The main point is that fears about China and any U.S. posturing ring hollow when Canada has chosen to do far less.

WE do not have allies right off the Chinese coast we've promised to defend.

And believe me, if I was in charge we'd be considerably more able to defend ourselves.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Point noted...but thank yous are for the diplomatic corp, not international military brinksmanship.   Canada is now incapable of mounting sustained air power and naval power projection even at levels possible just 20 years ago.    There is little domestic support for military spending, and experienced Canadian Forces members are reluctantly leaving in droves, needing to fight for their veteran benefits too.    It's near complete capitulation....with only jobs keeping defense manufacturing alive (e.g. GDLS London).

Well, many (not all) Canadians and their media have been talking smack about the evil USA for generations, if only as a way to define the Canadian identity (as "not American").

Canada should fear a U.S. default and collapse, but that should be even more motivation to diversify exports, build the damn pipelines/refineries, and do more value added manufacturing in country. 

Americans are largely ambivalent about Canada, wishing Canada no ill will, and largely ignoring Canada's domestic politics.   Americans do not wake up each day worrying about the Canadian economy.

Who else would these morons want for their neighbors?

You have to put up with the Mexican gangs, so would Canada want that headache?

What if Canada had the Chinese, or Saudi Arabians as neighbors.

Look I don't like your insane gun culture, Maybe you should have strict background checks.

Other then that I don't really have a problem with you.

Just please elect more fiscal conservatives, because you are too close to the edge. I don't care about Russia collusion, tell Trump to stop spending money.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

WE do not have allies right off the Chinese coast we've promised to defend.

And believe me, if I was in charge we'd be considerably more able to defend ourselves.

Understood, but this is not about our individual positions.   Canada wants to have it both ways, and the defence spending issue has existed long before Trump started to throw poop all over NATO.    Canada is no longer even a pretend "middle power", choosing to let capabilities and priorities slip way to the bottom of the list for domestic politics.   Even Harper, who did fill the heavy lift air cargo gap, could not stop the overall trend, kicking the can down the road for replacement CF-18s.

Look I don't like your insane gun culture, Maybe you should have strict background checks.

Just please elect more fiscal conservatives, because you are too close to the edge. I don't care about Russia collusion, tell Trump to stop spending money.

Trump has to spend tax money to further enrich the CEO's who go him into power in the first place if he wants a shot at a second term.

Understood, but this is not about our individual positions.   Canada wants to have it both ways, and the defence spending issue has existed long before Trump started to throw poop all over NATO.    Canada is no longer even a pretend "middle power", choosing to let capabilities and priorities slip way to the bottom of the list for domestic politics.   Even Harper, who did fill the heavy lift air cargo gap, could not stop the overall trend, kicking the can down the road for replacement CF-18s.

Your broke. You need to cut military spending by 40%. Only have a policy of nation defense, and don't be in countries you don't need to be in.

There is no way you should be spending $800 Billion on the military.

$500 billion is too much.

Just keep some nukes, and pay down your debt.

You're debt is your most serious national security threat right now.

The problem is the Tories haven't had anyone to their right to threaten them. Strategically, they feel they can ignore those who care about the military because what the hell are those voters gonna do? Vote for the NDP?  It's a cold, political calculation made by people whose primary focus is their own electoral fortunes. And yes, when you cut to the chase, Harper was such a person.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

America is the same as it ever was, including crazy gun culture.   Any Canadian who longs for the good old days doesn't understand that the America it use to tolerate and "support" is the same bastard nation it has been from the very beginning.    Accept America as it is...good and bad...or continue to smugly pretend that Canada is better while depending so much on those American bastards.

I did not vote for Trump for the single reason that he would grow deficits, and that is exactly what he has done.  But Trump has also kept other promises that I like (including China policy), and he prevented Hillary Clinton from becoming president...a big plus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Argus said:

The problem is the Tories haven't had anyone to their right to threaten them. Strategically, they feel they can ignore those who care about the military because what the hell are those voters gonna do? Vote for the NDP?  It's a cold, political calculation made by people whose primary focus is their own electoral fortunes. And yes, when you cut to the chase, Harper was such a person.

Here's what I don't get. Why does everyone give the natives a free pass. If the expect us to maintain their airports, build them houses, and send them food. Why can't be turn their reserves into military basses, and if the natives want welfare, make them go into the army instead.

Your broke. You need to cut military spending by 40%. Only have a policy of nation defense, and don't be in countries you don't need to be in.

There is no way you should be spending $800 Billion on the military.

$500 billion is too much.

Just keep some nukes, and pay down your debt.

You're debt is your most serious national security threat right now.

Agreed, but Canada doesn't even abide by such policies or spending priorities, so why expect the U.S. to do so ?

Canada's foreign minister has begged the U.S. to continue spending American blood and treasure to protect the "post WW2 order", while being a NATO deadbeat.

• Thanks 1

I did not vote for Trump for the single reason that he would grow deficits, and that is exactly what he has done.  But Trump has also kept other promises that I like (including China policy), and he prevented Hillary Clinton from becoming president...a big plus.

Perhaps THE big plus. It was certainly what I was looking for in the US Election. She was acting as if a Queen...it had to be stopped.

America is the same as it ever was, including crazy gun culture.   Any Canadian who longs for the good old days doesn't understand that the America it use to tolerate and "support" is the same bastard nation it has been from the very beginning.    Accept America as it is...good and bad...or continue to smugly pretend that Canada is better while depending so much on those American bastards.

Hillary would of been better. A corrupt criminal, but she was a fiscal conservative. I might hate her personally, but if she respects budgets, she respects budgets. It should of been Hillary. We can still talk trash about her, but at the end of the day, who's going to save money?

Just now, Robert Greene said:

Here's what I don't get. Why does everyone give the natives a free pass. If the expect us to maintain their airports, build them houses, and send them food. Why can't be turn their reserves into military basses, and if the natives want welfare, make them go into the army instead.

A lot of natives are in the army. The problem with the natives is a lack of will by Ottawa politicians to make the hard choices that need to be made about these reserves and the outdated Indian Act. It's too easy to kick things down the road, rather than go through the tremendous turmoil from trying to change something against the will of the natives. And whatever you do WILL be against the will of the natives. You'll never get 600 separate 'nations' to agree to anything except handing them more money.

And that has little to do with the lack of will to defend this country against Chinese espionage, Chinese harassment of Canadian citizens here within our borders, Chinese cyber espionage, and Chinese trade violations.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Perhaps THE big plus. It was certainly what I was looking for in the US Election. She was acting as if a Queen...it had to be stopped.

You might come to look back quite fondly on the idea of Hillary for president given who the Democrats are likely to select this time around.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

You might come to look back quite fondly on the idea of Hillary for president given who the Democrats are likely to select this time around.

Perhaps...but any of those Commies they put forth as a candidate will face a steep uphill climb.