Canada needs to stop being China's bitch

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, but treated the same as any other revenue from many nations around the world.

From a practical point of view, Boeing chooses to re-invest profits in China to grow the business there, same as Airbus.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/680130/revenue-of-boeing-globally-by-region/

Ahhh. it chooses to. See I've heard that the Chinese make it very clear that if you want to retain good relationships with the government, which means keep doing business there without harrassment, you had better re-invest your profits there. 

Which means, in effect, Boeing's revenue and profits in China are of no value or use to the United States.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

There will always be whores willing to take a buck to prostitute themselves, yes. China cheats freely at trade and no one seems willing to do anything about it. Including the United States. You guys have been China's bitch for a lot longer than we have. With no end in sight.

China is both an opportunity and risk, the former out weighing the latter on balance.    The current U.S. president is challenging China, and the United States has been challenging China militarily for many decades, something Canada cannot/ will not do.

As for the biggest bitch award, no nation is as big a bitch as is Canada and its dependence on the United States for exports and military.

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

Ahhh. it chooses to. See I've heard that the Chinese make it very clear that if you want to retain good relationships with the government, which means keep doing business there without harrassment, you had better re-invest your profits there. 

Which means, in effect, Boeing's revenue and profits in China are of no value or use to the United States.

Irrelevant as Boeing must compete on a world stage, and would not have grown/survived without both domestic and international sales and partnered production.   I already posted the source of Boeing's revenue for 2018, and China is not that dominant.   Also, the Chinese relationship goes way back to a time when all manufacturing was outside China and they had not yet pivoted to a mixed economy.

The United States benefits from its relationship with China for federal debt (about 13%), exports, tourism, etc.   The U.S. is far more diversified than Canada for export trade, and not nearly as dependent as is Canada.   Canada has chosen to be far more of a "bitch" than the USA.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

15 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

China is both an opportunity and risk, the former out weighing the latter on balance.    The current U.S. president is challenging China, and the United States has been challenging China militarily for many decades, something Canada cannot/ will not do.

As for the biggest bitch award, no nation is as big a bitch as is Canada and its dependence on the United States for exports and military.

We’re safer and freer than you are.  Take care of your violence and inner cities.  Also work on your social cohesion, international relations and debt. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

We’re safer and freer than you are.  Take care of your violence and inner cities.  Also work on your social cohesion.  

No....being sheep needing dependence and protection is not freer.

More immigrants....USA...for over 100 years.

Who owns property and pays taxes in Florida...you do !

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

We’re safer and freer than you are.  Take care of your violence and inner cities.  Also work on your social cohesion.  

That's very true. Last I looked you are about ten times more likely to be murdered in the US than Canada. I think BC may just be jealous of us.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No....being sheep needing dependence and protection is not freer.

More immigrants....USA...for over 100 years.

Who owns property and pays taxes in Florida...you do !

I agree that Canada should militarize more heavily.  The US is increasingly hostile to its allies   

Yes keep up the immigration and take more asylum seekers.  Canada can’t take them all.

Until Florida turns into ocean from climate change.  The beaches are closed for longer and longer stretches due to red tide.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I agree that Canada should militarize more heavily.  The US is increasingly hostile to its allies   

Yes keep up the immigration and take more asylum seekers.  Canada can’t take them all.

Until Florida turns into ocean from climate change.  The beaches are closed for longer and longer stretches due to red tide.  

Thank you for confirming the impact of the USA on your world....perhaps now you can get back on topic ?

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Typical....Canada as China's "bitch" pivots back to the United States, like so many other topics.

The U.S. dominates Canada's collective psyche, national identity, economy, and foreign policy.

...and people wonder why I am here !

I like the US but keep your guns at home and be nicer to the friends you have left. May want to take better care of your vulnerable instead of having conditions that require the rich to lock themselves up in gated communities in case of armed robbery.  

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I like the US but keep your guns at home and be nicer to the friends you have left. May want to take better care of your vulnerable instead of having conditions that require the rich to lock themselves up in gated communities in case of armed robbery.  

The U.S. doesn't care if you like it or not....that's a "Canadian value"...your collective actions speak much louder than words.    The U.S. still has capital punishment too, just like China and many other nations, but this has not stopped Canada from being so dependent on the United States.    I can find gated communities in Kelowna, BC too...so what ?

I for one would rather deal with the reality of China without the smug BS that some Canadians delude themselves with while still being so economically and militarily dependent.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The U.S. doesn't care if you like it or not....that's a "Canadian value"...your collective actions speak much louder than words.    The U.S. still has capital punishment too, just like China and many other nations, but this has not stopped Canada from being so dependent on the United States.    I can find gated communities in Kelowna, BC too...so what ?

I for one would rather deal with the reality of China without the smug BS that some Canadians delude themselves with while still being so economically and militarily dependent.

I agree that Canada must become much more independent and diversity trade away from superpowers and bad actors.  

19 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Typical....Canada as China's "bitch" pivots back to the United States, like so many other topics.

The U.S. dominates Canada's collective psyche, national identity, economy, and foreign policy.

...and people wonder why I am here !

ha ha, So says the head Canada pivoter.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I agree that Canada must become much more independent and diversity trade away from superpowers and bad actors.  

Great....then Trump is doing Canada a huge favour....forcing it to do what it cannot/would not do on its own.

Maybe learn how to deal with China without making complete fools out of your ruling government and PM.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Great....then Trump is doing Canada a huge favour....forcing it to do what it cannot/would not do on its own.

Maybe learn how to deal with China without making complete fools out of your ruling government and PM.

Oh well, at least we're not fat kim' bitch.

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How, by respecting our extradition treaty with our “friends”?

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Irrelevant as Boeing must compete on a world stage, and would not have grown/survived without both domestic and international sales and partnered production.

I doubt that's true. Few countries have the ability to build airliners.  And China is a specific case, where Boeing, like other multinationals, pressures the US to be nice to China, and in exchange gets paper profits which never reach the US. Those paper profits make its bottom line appear nicer but they do nothing to the US to offset the job loss to China.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I already posted the source of Boeing's revenue for 2018, and China is not that dominant.   Also, the Chinese relationship goes way back to a time when all manufacturing was outside China and they had not yet pivoted to a mixed economy.

Yeah, but that's no longer the case. The US and other western nations should stop listening to multinationals who tell them they need China if those multinationals are simply employing Chinese citizens and then reinvesting whatever revenue they get in China.

31 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Who is going to teach us? :-)

Who is going to teach YOU?

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

I doubt that's true. Few countries have the ability to build airliners.  And China is a specific case, where Boeing, like other multinationals, pressures the US to be nice to China, and in exchange gets paper profits which never reach the US. Those paper profits make its bottom line appear nicer but they do nothing to the US to offset the job loss to China.

True, but protecting U.S. jobs has not been Boeing's objective.   The IAM has seen jobs go all around the world, including to Canada.   Also, Boeing is competing for survival globally against Airbus, and that means looking far beyond just the USA.   Such short sighted vision may work for Canada in North America, but not for large multinationals.   Most of SNC-Lavalin's business is now outside of Canada.

Yeah, but that's no longer the case. The US and other western nations should stop listening to multinationals who tell them they need China if those multinationals are simply employing Chinese citizens and then reinvesting whatever revenue they get in China.

The U.S. gets other benefits from Boeing and other defense contractor sales to nations around the world.   Canada also demands offsets for granting such contracts, and there is no reason to believe that China would be any different.

True, but protecting U.S. jobs has not been Boeing's objective.  

Certainly true. But it IS the job of the government. And when multinationals like Boeing tell them what to do about China they should take that advise as coming from Chinese companies, not American ones.

The U.S. gets other benefits from Boeing and other defense contractor sales to nations around the world.

Enough to offset all the billions in military research the Chinese are lifting from Boeing's computers?

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Certainly true. But it IS the job of the government. And when multinationals like Boeing tell them what to do about China they should take that advise as coming from Chinese companies, not American ones.

They already do,  dovetailing economic and foreign policy objectives.    The U.S. currently has the lowest unemployment rate in over 40 years.

Enough to offset all the billions in military research the Chinese are lifting from Boeing's computers?

Yes....as I have already stated....either play ball and get access to their market....or China will get the IP anyway.

Canada's present incompetent government should disabuse itself from any notion that the United States is going to protect Canada from the economic challenges that China represents.    Canada would be better served by learning how to survive globally without hiding behind its massive dependence on the United States.

Yes....as I have already stated....either play ball and get access to their market....or China will get the IP anyway.

China and Russia are using their unlimited access to U.S. defense secrets to rapidly modernize their military. They are also cooperating more and more with each other against the U.S. and the West. 

The United States may spend more on defense than the next seven highest-spending nations on the planet combined, but it seems to be ill-prepared for war against its most dangerous adversaries: A new analysis suggests the Pentagon would almost certainly endure a "decisive military defeat" if faced with war against Russia or China.

https://psmag.com/economics/war-experts-are-skeptical-the-american-military-could-defeat-russia-or-china

1 minute ago, Argus said:

China and Russia are using their unlimited access to U.S. defense secrets to rapidly modernize their military. They are also cooperating more and more with each other against the U.S. and the West. 

The United States may spend more on defense than the next seven highest-spending nations on the planet combined, but it seems to be ill-prepared for war against its most dangerous adversaries: A new analysis suggests the Pentagon would almost certainly endure a "decisive military defeat" if faced with war against Russia or China.

https://psmag.com/economics/war-experts-are-skeptical-the-american-military-could-defeat-russia-or-china

I trust the Russians a lot more than the Chinese. Russia should be our ally.