NHL General Thread

QuebecOverCanada

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Nah, I'm just enjoying the spectacular view from my deck, the terraced landscaped gardens, the red and green maples, the woods and fields beyond.

I went to a bricks and mortar cannabis store, and one key advantage of that is that you can see which are the strongest batches before you buy.

So I got some Solei which is 24.71% THC, so I'm totally blasted, just having tapas in the sunshine.  Bliss.

How much that Solei run you?

It really is all that much sweeter with Kawhi and the NBA Championship up in here.

This is better than the World Series.  first of all I missed both those wins because I was in the field with the army, but also a championship in the fall is not the same.

Get the Chip with the Dip, and then go straight into summer to bask in it, that's what it's all about.

Leafs ship Patrick Marleau with a conditional 1st to Carolina for a 6th, pure salary dump, praise Dubeezus.

Bobby Mac reports that Leafs have contract in place with Kapanen, just waiting for Marner before it's finalized, 3 years $3.2 to $3.4 million range.

Reports are that Leafs are also nearing a four year extension with Andreas Johnsson.

Dubeezian praise shower.

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Hearing Bobrovsky and Panarin are going to Florida with outside chance of the Islanders, so sayeth Friedman and Johnston anyway.

Speaking of Florida, check out the footage of the F-35 demonstration over Miami Beech, first view from an F-35 cockpit is flight.

Edited by Dougie93

9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Finally rid of Soderberg, bring on Shane Bowers.

Indeed, Soderberg was a Jared Bednar Country Club guy, trading him means Bednar will be forced to give our younger centers more ice time, or it frees up cap space to bring in another center in free agency or via trade. 

Plus now the Avs have $39 million in cap space, if they poach Panarin from Florida, I'd be stoked, I doubt it though, pretty sure the Panthers are going to get him.

Edited by Yzermandius19

17 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Indeed, Soderberg was a Jared Bednar Country Club guy, trading him means Bednar will be forced to give our younger centers more ice time, or it frees up cap space to bring in another center in free agency or via trade. 

Plus now the Avs have $39 million in cap space, if they poach Panarin from Florida, I'd be stoked, I doubt it though, pretty sure the Panthers are going to get him.

Panthers even went out and signed Coach Q for him, everything in alignment for Florida to get their man, he's a nice fit on the wing with Barkov.

Leafs 2nd rounder Nick Robertson reportedly impressing at development camp.

Could be a sleeper pick, seems like the only reason he dropped from the late first to mid second round is that he's small, he's got certainly got late first round skill though.

He's underrated, I remember he put a licking on Team Canada juniors, he was all over the ice with alacrity, scored two goals.

He has enough upside that it basically replaces the lost late first rounder, since he's of that caliber of player.

He's only 17, so he's got a lot of room to grow, similar pick to SDA, who he plays with on the Pete's, also Ryan Merkley got traded from Guelph to the Petes.

He's the kind of small player whose worth the stretch, cause he's got some Brendan Gallagher in him, he's got jam, he's not afraid to mix it up in traffic and take hits.

Look at the kind of goals he scores, turnovers in transition hounding the puck and going to the net, then on the power play he can play any position.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Avs trade a 2020 2nd (COL), 2020 3rd (ARI) and Scott Kosmachuk for Andre Burakovsky.

Gentleman Joe is loading up, nice upgrade on Soderberg.

Leafs signed Kapanen and Johnsson 3 and 4 year, 3.2 and 3.4, which is reasonable.

Canucks failed to qualify Ben Hutton, Leafs have interest reportedly, moneyball bottom pairing LHD maybe.

Julius Honka is available, I'm thinking Zaitsev for Honka, gets rid of Zaitsy, worth the stretch for a former 14th overall RHD at 23 whom Dallas never really bothered to develop.

I'm thinking 8 years 84 million at 10.5 for Marner, might as well demand that he go all in once you're paying him 10+ anyways.

17 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The Avs ain't going to bury Burakovsky in a bottom six checking line role like the Caps did. He's going to play on the second line and get some PP time, his numbers should see a notable jump.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen

Kerfoot - Jost - Burahovsky

Kamenev - Compher - Kaut

Nieto - Bowers - Calvert

Kaut did kill it at dev camp, it's only dev camp, but still, he's physically matured a bunch over the last year, which is promising.

He might need a little more seasoning in the AHL, but if he doesn't make the Avs on opening night, he's going to get a look at some point this season.

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Kaut did kill it at dev camp, it's only dev camp, but still, he's physically matured a bunch over the last year, which is promising.

He might need a little more seasoning in the AHL, but if he doesn't make the Avs on opening night, he's going to get a look at some point this season.

See my boy Newhook in action at dev camp

Leafs 53rd overall Nick Robertson Team USA highlights, I said I remembered he scored 2 against Canada juniors, but actually he had a hat trick.

Edited by Dougie93

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    DACHSHUND

• Ronaldo_ earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • babetteteets went up a rank
      Rookie
    • paradox34 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • paradox34 earned a badge