NHL General Thread

QuebecOverCanada

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

EJ even right now, is at best a third pairing RHD on the Avs, making $6 million over the next four years. God awful contract that needs to go, and sooner rather than later.

You're right then. Buy out?

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yeah it's not that bad, but it's not great Bob.

Indeed, not great, and here I was thinking Kapanen and Johnsson were going to be invasive hockey parent problem children, but no, they both sign multiyear team friendly deals which are looking pretty damn good now, if Doonskoi is getting 3.9 for four years.

14 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Please don't sign any more UFAs Avs, especially if they get term, just save the cap space.

I warming up to this Spezza signing, when it's one year at the league minimum, no worries.

He's not the Spezza he used to be, but he can be the 4C and play higher in a pinch, can still play on the power play,takes faceoffs,  and he's right handed, which,  the Leafs have Moore and Mikhyev as left shooting right wingers now.

48 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Jake Gardiner is still available.

Montreal should sign J-Gards to play with Weber.

F**k Jaberta.

No we don't want Gardiner here please... It would be so bad to have him. He causes so many turn overs.

Just now, QuebecOverCanada said:

No we don't want Gardiner here please... It would be so bad to have him. He causes so many turn overs.

He makes glaring mistakes from time to time, but most of the time he actually skates the puck out of trouble and gets it up the ice, he's actually better defensively than Reilly is, he doesn't actually make tons of mistakes, it's just that when he does make a mistake, it's a doozy.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

This Bellemare deal is pissing me off, why can't they just play Kamanev?
:unsure: 

Bellemare was a decent grinder for VGK but I see no point in signing a 6 goal 15 point UFA at $2.9 million, as you say, surely those sorts of points can be found internally.

It's like the Leafs sign Kenny Agostino to the league minimum, pretty sure he can do what Bellemare does, at half the price, fully buried in the A as needed.

Edited by Dougie93

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Harley oscar

• User earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • User went up a rank
      Rising Star
    • JA in NL earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • haiduk earned a badge