NHL General Thread

QuebecOverCanada

8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Avs tried to get Panarin, came up short. Offered $11.67 million over 6 years, but were willing to go 7, also willing to go $12.5 million a year if he signed for less than six.

Good grief it didn't happen.

The Avs need cap space for defense.

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Still can't stop laughing about Duchene, it's even funnier that the media thinks it's a good deal, hilarious.

This guy just went through two scandals.

The first in Colorado that led to Patrick Roy leaving because of this douchebag. Then in Ottawa, he stirred shit up, you remember when he trash talked his own coaches in an Uber?

Then he got traded to Columbus, did good because Torts is a prick and doesn't let other pricks get over him. Now he's in Nashville, with a coach who I think will not manage him well. Subban was trouble, but Douche is a way bigger one.

3 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Good grief it didn't happen.

The Avs need cap space for defense.

Avs have plenty of cap space, can clear out $10 million by getting rid of Johnson and Cole, they had the space, but I'll take the cap flexibility silver lining.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Avs have plenty of cap space, can clear out $10 million by getting rid of Johnson and Cole, they had the space, but I'll take the cap flexibility silver lining.

Johnson? And which Avs in the system, including prospect, could replace him at the left flank?

No one. Panarin is a good 1st line player, trust me. He'll likely score about 80 points a year on a regular basis. But he's not worth 11m. 

7 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Johnson? And which Avs in the system, including prospect, could replace him at the left flank?

No one. Panarin is a good 1st line player, trust me. He'll likely score about 80 points a year on a regular basis. But he's not worth 11m. 

Lots of guys to replace Johnson, he's already a third pairing guy at $6 million for 4 more years. Makar and Timmins can replace him, and they still have Barrie, dumping that contract is totally worth it.

Panarin might not be worth $11.642 million, but he ain't worth that much less where passing on him makes sense if you got lots of cap space.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

$3.9 million x 4 years is a little expensive for Donskoi, hopefully the Avs are done signing middle six forward free agents.

Not a ridiculous overpay,  but still, he only scored 14 goals, yet making more than Kapanen and Johnsson who both had 20.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Lots of guys to replace Johnson, he's already a third pairing guy at $6 million for 4 more years. Makar and Timmins can replace him, and they still have Barrie, dumping that contract is totally worth it.

Barrie is a righty.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lahr

• phoenyx75 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • lahr earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • lahr earned a badge
      First Post
    • User went up a rank