Trump vs. Obama for U.S. Mid-term Elections

One online commentator (Styxhexenhammer...check him out) suggested that the President move to legalize marijuana at the Federal level...that would cause some issues in the Democratic Party. Playing to the Democratic base...

Too funny. Might work...heh.

I suspect this is exactly what Trump wanted. He did nothing to help the GOP retain the House. 

He needs an enemy to justify his absolute lack of movement on anything legislatively except a tax cut for billionaires. 

BUT now we get to see the House ask for things they didn't under the GOP and that may prove to be embarrassing. Revenge for Bengazi. 

• Like 2

Just now, Boges said:

I think paying tribute to your heritage isn't a bad thing. I'd like to see some evidence she's sympathetic to Hamas. 

The Palestinian Cause...which she represents...was the creation of one of Hitler's Nazi goons. 

4 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The big question is: What's the plan, Democrats?

Is the next two years going to be about investigations and "revenge" as per Maxine Waters? Or is it going to be about keeping a roaring economy going strong(er)??

Think carefully about the response...

Impeaching Clinton didn't work  too wellfor the Reublicans. I doubt  people would like  such upheavel 

1 minute ago, scribblet said:

Impeaching Clinton didn't work  too wellfor the Reublicans. I doubt  people would like  such upheavel 

I really didn't care whom Slick Willy had under the desk today...as a Canadian. Poor guy was married to Hillary. And he had yet to make regular flights to Jeff Epstein's island. 

Take a look at the electoral map and you'll see the Great Divide with 75% or more of the American landscape painted Red. The cities are home to an increasingly entitled population that is largely disconnected from the historic values of personal responsibility, hard work, family, faith, and community. The Hollywood influence is not the best foundation for Democratic party principles and morals. Add to that their internal struggles to harness a radical Left and the continued lack of leadership under the age of 75. All that said, the right path for America is always compassionate Conservatism - something Republicans must aspire to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Palestinian Cause...which she represents...was the creation of one of Hitler's Nazi goons. 

The Palestinian cause was incited and exploited by Nazis over their mutual hatred of Jews but with due respect not created by Hitler It was a direct result of the British and French using divide and conquer techniques between Jews and Muslims, Muslims and Muslims, Muslims and Christians and Jews and their need to control and create puppet colonies. The seeds of civil turmoil already existed. Then the British and French created colonial borders forcing competing groups who hated one another to the same nations to create a recipe of instability to justify their continued presence.

Had the French not lied to Prince Faisal to get him to rip up his agreement with Weitzman, Israel would have existed as a Switzerland type nation in a Muslim Middle East and the two would have been allies with no need of British or French interference. The French assured that agreement was ripped up by lying to Faisal so they could get him to rip up the agreement which he did only to find himself then arrested by the French so they could thhen create the states of Syria and Lebanon. The British then played Faisal by appointing his two  sons as Kings of two colony states, Iraq and Jordan and then a third colony state,  Saudi Arabia for the rest of his family.

So its far too simple to blame only Hitler for the Palestinian cause as  you call it and Churchill in his memoirs is quote frank and candid in his role in creating a flood of Muslims into Palestine to deliberately make it impossible for Jews to create a state and triggering Palestinian Muslims being displaced by outside Muslims something today's Palestinian leaders have convenient amnesia about.

Yes its true Arafat is part of a phenomena fanned by Hitler, but the Arab League was a bunch of British and French colonial puppet states. Then the Soviets got involved, as well as Nasser's Egypt,  Saudi Arabia and post Shah Iran in financing terror not to mention Turkey, Britain, France, China, the EU and US all who have involved themselves in the region competing for their own best interests and exasperating matters..

Absolutely no doubt the Mufti of Jerusalem was a Nazi crony and supporter and was financed by them  but he was what he was long before he made an ally of Hitler. To be accurate the "Palestinian cause"  originates from and is  a mutated form of the hatred of extremist Muslims towards Jews which dates back thousands of years and is related to the Muslim religious notion of dhimmitude, i.e., that non Muslims, i.e., Jews can not own land or have a nation.

Not all Palestinians were pro Nazi. Palestinian Muslims fought side by side Jewish Palestinians in the British Palestinian army against Hitler.

As well  specific Jordanians who technically were born in Palestine before the British arbitrarily called 80% of Palestine Jordan, donated land for Jewish settlers and supported Israel and died because of it. Beduin Palestinians and Druze who are as Palestinian as anyone, have died as loyal soldiers in the IDF.

I point that out because you have people on this board who want Palestinians to hate Israelis and use that as another platform to hate Jews and Muslims.

I don't want to buy into that. I don't think blaming Britain, France, Nazi Germany, anyone at this point, is helpful. It simply leads to divisive opinions.

I say what I do out of respect for you not because of anything else. I actually believe Abbas is in fact an anti semite and Nazi apologist and holocaust denier but I do not believe everyone in the Palestinian Authority agrees with him. It is tempting to think most do certainly when one can go on the internet today and listen to his continued diatribes against not just Israel but Jews but we focus too much on Abbas, Hamas, Hezbollah. I say the IDF has their number and don't need my help but where I can help or we all can is cultivating peaceful alliances. I have no reason as a Zionist not to reach out to Palestinians and denounce terror if they choose it at the same time embrace a peaceful state next door if they choose that. I want no part of stereotyping all Muslims, Christians or Jews of the Middle East as evil. I was taught as a Zionist they all have ties to the Middle East as do Druze, Beduins, Berbers, Kurds/

I respect the traditions of all of them. Its extremist fundamentalism within any of these people including myself, I would reject and fight.

Why do I say all that? Because its directly related to what is now going down in the US-divisive hateful dialogue.

Hell man-look at what has happened with this "us against them" dialogue in the US. Yes Obama engaged in it. Boges is right. Obama engaged in divisive language that called on division between different Americans. Then Trump came in as a response to it from the other side. I have to agree with Boges. They are both interconnected, like two sides of the coin so to speak.

We all heard the divisive dialogue calling on fear and hatred of Americans towards other Americans let alone a bogy man called a caravan. For God's sakes, Trump is appealing to people's fears. Since when is an American so directionless and devoid of spiritual value they have to be afraid of their fellow citizens let alone a bunch of poor migrants?

What the hell has happened?

Surely this is no way to build a country but is  way to destroy it.

The preliminary info coming back shows the vast majority of women and minorities (non-whites) turned out in record numbers to vote Democrat. The House of Representatives is elected by proportional representation and that is why its now Democrat. On the other hand the Senate is similar to how we elect MP's. Each state is guaranteed 2 no matter what their size of population.

So its easier for the party of power to remain powerful in the Senate when its President in the same party becomes unpopular. I think as Boges said, Trump knew he would guarantee a Senate win with the Kavano Supreme Court fiasco. It turned that man into a victim as opposed to exposing him as a victimizer and certain  Democratic Senators lost their seats as a result of that. The Democrats walked into that.

The only positive thing I can say is this. Hopefully certain Republican Senators now that they are in office for the next 4 years including 2 years after the next election, will now feel striong enough not to be bullied by Trump. If Trump is to be contained, Republicans in the Senate need to call him out. Mitt Romney is right now the de facto leader of the anti Trump Republicans taking over from Senator McCain. How successful he is at bringing together moderate Republicans to challenge Trump extremism remains to be seen but people should remember there are people in the Republican party that do not agree with Trump's divisive dialogue even though they may agree with some economic or foreign policies.

Edited by Rue

2 minutes ago, Rue said:

....The only positive thing I can say is this. Hopefully certain Republican Senators now that they are in office for the next 4 years including 2 years after the next election,will now feel striong enough not to be bullied by Trump. If Trump is to be contained, Republicans in the Senate need to call him out. Mitt Romney is right now the de facto leader of the anti Trump Republicans taking over from Senator McCain. How successful he is at bringing together moderate Republicans to challenge Trump extremism remains to be seen but people should remember there are people in the Republican party that do not agree with Trump's divisive dialogue even though they may agree with some economic or foreign policies.

Not so much anymore....the GOP has now adopted President Trump for their political fortune....good or bad.    Trump has gone from repulsive outsider in 2016 to valuable ally for much (not all) of the GOP agenda (taxes, de-regulation, gun rights, abortion limts, illegal immigration, etc.).   The U.S. Senate now has more Republican senators largely because of Trump.

Senators are elected to six year terms.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not so much anymore....the GOP has now adopted President Trump for their political fortune....good or bad.    Trump has gone from repulsive outsider in 2016 to valuable ally for much (not all) of the GOP agenda (taxes, de-regulation, gun rights, abortion limts, illegal immigration, etc.).   The U.S. Senate now has more Republican senators largely because of Trump.

Senators are elected to six year terms.  

I stand corrected thanks. 6 years, not 4. Sorry.  On the above you may be dead on I concede but I do think there is a rump of core of anti Trump Republicans still loyal to McCain and Bush that are not going anywhere and may feel embolded now. Certainly I must also concede to what you point out.

54 minutes ago, Rue said:

The Palestinian cause was incited and exploited by Nazis over their mutual hatred of Jews but with due respect not created by Hitler.

I didn't say it was Hitler. The Palestinian Cause was started by Haj Amin al-Husseini...aka The Grand Mufti...aka Head of Hitler's Middle East Bureau...The Scourge of Yugoslavia & Hungary...The Devil of Jasenovac...etc. Gassed a load of Jews himself at Birkenau just to see how it was done.

He literally walked off the street into Hitler's office and got an audience (unheard of) when...with Ribbentrop's and Bormann's approval....he arrived in Berlin in late 1941...fresh from his pro-Nazi activities in Iraq. We even have the minutes of their meeting.

But the ol' Grand Mufti escaped his captors post WW2...dressed in a burqa its told...wanted for war crimes trials in Yugoslavia and other hot spots up until his death...peacefully...in 1974. Hidden from justice and Simon Wiesenthal types in Beirut. 

His nephew, Yassir, took over upon retirement circa 1964.

Now back to Trump...

So now that all the mid-term election dust has settled, it is clear that the much feared "blue wave" was more like a typical mid-term election ripple.   If losing 35 seats in the House means "repudiation" of Trump, what did Obama losing 63 House seats in 2010 mean ?  Plus Obama loss Senate seats while Trump has picked up two.

Unfortunately for Trump haters, his presidency has been normalized by this election based on U.S. historical standards.  

I just hope that Trump keeps the fun going....never get boring.   He's a party animal !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So now that all the mid-term election dust has settled, it is clear that the much feared "blue wave" was more like a typical mid-term election ripple.   If losing 35 seats in the House means "repudiation" of Trump, what did Obama losing 63 House seats in 2010 mean ?  Plus Obama loss Senate seats while Trump has picked up two.

Unfortunately for Trump haters, his presidency has been normalized by this election based on U.S. historical standards.  

I just hope that Trump keeps the fun going....never get boring.   He's a party animal !

He had fun letting off steam this morning.

"Sit down, Jim."

:lol:

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes he did....the evil Kirk...I mean Trump... is more fun.

On cue, we now have a fresh shooting in California to get things back to post-election normal.

South Park is doing a take on that...Just a regular school shooting? Do I need to come down to the school?

:P

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

South Park is doing a take on that...Just a regular school shooting? Do I need to come down to the school?

:P

Love that take....cuts to the normalization of it all.    Use to be post offices (i.e. "going postal")...but not so much that anymore.

This could be a positive opportunity for the U.S.  I watched Trump’s media conference today but despite an embarrassingly hostile media, I thought that the President extended olive branches at every opportunity.  Nancy Pelosi also expressed a desire to work across Party lines promising to to encourage her members in the House to do the same.  Maybe, there can finally be some progress in a number of important areas.   

The other good thing is that now the radical left has some legislative muscle, let's hope that they are more likely now to argue their case like rational adults in the House and stop rioting in the streets and vandalizing everything in sight.

On another note, Ruth Ginsberg is in the hospital with fractured ribs from a fall.  I wish her well and a speedy recovery but at her age it will be tough, I wonder if she will stay on.  

30 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Perhaps Nancy figured-out that calling everybody a racist doesn't a blue wave make.

I bet it will be VERY hard to curb Antifa and BLM. They like their jobs.

Well,  even though the Dems. did get a split victory  which avoided the left erupting in violence for now, it ain't over.   They have temporarily avoided the riots/violence but if the left doesn't get their coup or everything they want, it will return.     They were terrorizing Tucker Carlson outside his house last night chanting 'we know where you sleep'  etc.    ANTIFA should be labelled a terrorist group. 

5 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Well,  even though the Dems. did get a split victory  which avoided the left erupting in violence for now, it ain't over.   They have temporarily avoided the riots/violence but if the left doesn't get their coup or everything they want, it will return.     They were terrorizing Tucker Carlson outside his house last night chanting 'we know where you sleep'  etc.    ANTIFA should be labelled a terrorist group. 

Like I said...they enjoy their jobs. 

The SS enjoyed their jobs, too.

• Like 1

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in hospital with broken ribs from a fall -  First off, I hope she recovers fully and quickly so can continue in her capacity.   However,  if she has to retire from the Supreme Court, the Democrats are going to LOSE THEIR CRAP.

• Like 1

Just now, scribblet said:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in hospital with broken ribs from a fall -  First off, I hope she recovers fully and quickly so can continue in her capacity.   However,  if she has to retire from the Supreme Court, the Democrats are going to LOSE THEIR CRAP.

Jeanine Pirro's name has come up...dunno if it's serious.

• Like 1