Stephen Harper

knn

Polls show that our citizens are socially liberal on all counts. They support the legalization of marajuana, support same-sex marriage, oppose the "war" in Iraq.

Conservatives have more seats in BC than any other party.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polls show that our citizens are socially liberal on all counts. They support the legalization of marajuana, support same-sex marriage, oppose the "war" in Iraq.

Conservatives have more seats in BC than any other party.

True indeed...this is of course without seeing the performance of Harper as a supposed "prime minister in waiting"....if an election was held today, I suspect the cons. would lose seats in BC.

True indeed...this is of course without seeing the performance of Harper as a supposed "prime minister in waiting"....if an election was held today, I suspect the cons. would lose seats in BC.

So, is that a big surprise. That is what we do in BC; vote against the ruling party both federally and provincially.

I think we were all told to quit being childish and name calling political parties or candidates. Time to frow up and act like adults if you wish to join in a civil discussion.

I think we were all told to quit being childish and name calling political parties or candidates. Time to frow up and act like adults if you wish to join in a civil discussion.

Mr. Dithers is not a name I am calling the PM. It is the reputation he developed. At the NATO conference their are reports that he is having a hard time even finding leaders to meet with. He has become irrelevant. As you know the childish mag the Economist wrote a feature story on our PM. I don't feel childish by pointing it out.

I wont bother referring to Layton anymore. Judging by the level of discussion on the board he is irrelevant.

Mr. Dithers is not a name I am calling the PM. It is the reputation he developed. At the NATO conference their are reports that he is having a hard time even finding leaders to meet with. He has become irrelevant. As you know the childish mag the Economist wrote a feature story on our PM. I don't feel childish by pointing it out.

Exactly, but in fairness to Mr Dithers, in all honestly, if Harper or Layton (I know I know :lol: ) had of won last years election, I doubt either could have made that much of a better showing.......maybe Harper if he had of won a majority and in turn had a free hand.

I think this just proves the fact that Canada (not just the Libs) are growing ever more irrelevant on the world stage....

Is that bad? What's wrong in being Finland?

It is a nice not to have responsibilities out side of our boarder. But what is the down side?

• Access to international markets?

• Influence on what the others are doing that will effect your country?

• We are a G8 country and could extend our hand to other nations. It would probably have a much stronger impact with partners.

There is an upside. We can always be a critic without action.

Are we an adult country that takes care of itself and takes responsibility or are we child that relies on others but receives the benefits of the adults efforts.

I think this just proves the fact that Canada (not just the Libs) are growing ever more irrelevant on the world stage....
Is that bad? What's wrong in being Finland?

I'd love to be Finland. But we do not have their level of confidence, self-sufficiency, industriousness, organization or unity of culture and purpose.

”ONTARIO REWRITES LAWS TO INCLUDE GAY COUPLES

FROM CANADIAN PRESS

Dozens of Ontario laws are being amended to change the definition of spouse to include homosexual couples, Attorney General Michael Bryant announced today.

"Ontario, of course, was the first province to rule that same-sex marriages were necessary and required under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms," said Bryant.

"Same-sex marriage is part of the fabric of Ontario life."

Bryant introduced a bill to amend 73 Ontario statutes that contain the terms: spouse, spousal, marriage, marital, husband, wife, widow and widower, saying that as worded, the laws "offend" the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.”

The Ontario government is amending 73 statutes regarding homosexuals and marriage. The vast majority of all political parties are in agreement, and the whole process is being completed in just two days.

If only the federal government could finish its work that swiftly!

ONTARIO REWRITES LAWS