Federal Conservatives lead in new Ipsos poll

These polling firms doctor the question to get the results they want. They poll the people they know will give them the response they want then say it ws right 19 times out of 20 plus or minus a percentage . To me that says your poll is'nt worh sxxx. Try answering none of the above, the person asking does'nt know what to write because it does'nt fit the pigeonhole.

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You were effectively replaced by low-income migrant workers, since you could not afford to live at such a low wage.

Actually I along with thousands of others were displaced in a much a much more insidious way.  This gives a sense of what happened.  To be fair to Jimmy Pattison though, DFO quite capably created a FUBAR situation all on their own.

This is what's happening around the country. It has crept in to the high-tech sector as well, we see some jobs requiring a college level diploma offering a minimum wage. They are looking for recent immigrants who have technical training from their homeland and come to Canada to start a new life, and they're willing to take the job at that rate.

That is why conservatives oppose a large influx of migrants, if not done in a controlled way that protects our industry and workers from foreign exploitation.

Yes well, conservatives focus on blaming immigrants for all sort of dysfunctional things going on in our economy because they're either oblivious to or don't care how their betters (the 1%) and government officials warp the playing field away from ordinary people and towards themselves.  Perhaps conservative nonchalance is somehow tangled up with their notion no poor man ever gave them a job.  

Edited by eyeball

17 hours ago, turningrite said:

You seem to have worked yourself into a lather over, well, I'm not exactly sure what. What are we not paying for? Are we not paying for not being protected against missile attacks even though we're supposedly involved in a continental defense partnership with the U.S.? I think a lot of people were surprised when the U.S. recently admitted that its missile defense policy is to not protect Canada. Maybe we're overpaying if we contribute anything at all. And are we not paying enough for the defense of Europe when many analysts believe we have no specific strategic interests there in any case. We've mainly stayed involved in NATO in order to maintain contact with and tangential relevance to the Europeans. We really should ask if we should be there at all. I think you need to give your head a shake.if you think we're taking advantage of anybody on any of this. 

Maybe I should just count myself lucky that you managed to read that far into my post, and yet you seem to have missed the entire point. What are we not paying for ? lets start out with our own defense shall we, our current military is under equipped, under manned, under trained, under funded,  most of equipment we do have , requires replacing yesterday , or the day before that, we are undermanned to the point where providing support to the people of Canada during Ice storms or floods requires takes more than the CF can offer..., and these are not very large events, when put into context such as Katrina…. Hence why we also have signed agreements with the US, for a shared response to natural events like ice storms or floods.. we can't even pay for that by ourselves….collective training has been drastically cut  back to the point if troops are not deploying they are not training in brigade or battle groups size formations...

Lets not mention that according to dozens of nations that also belong to these defensive packs that we have signed onto ,they also think we are not living up to the above mentioned problem issues. Undermanned, under equipped, under funded, under trained,  And I'm sure they have some analysts of their own, in fact I'm sure if it was possible the liberals would have left these defensive packs long ago,  if not for own experts in the field they have laid all of this out to each of our PM's and his staff so they could make an inform decision....

Justin knew exactly what he was signing onto we he said our nation would agree to meet the 2% of GDP mark, no one forced him to sign that agreement, his word is Canada's word...yesterday he told the media no that's not what we agreed to . we agreed to work "towards" that goal of 2 %....we are increasing military spending, that is a lie.....he has told the world we have no intention of meeting that goal....we are not doubling our defense spending....infact right after they took office they changed how and what is reported as defense spending ie coast guard budgets, some RCMP tasking etc, which dragged us to where we were....1.3 something, even with that cheat he has managed to cut DND spending to 1.2 something, a decrease.....Another lie, 

We as a nation were asked to take part in the missile defense program , for free, all we had to provide was missile sites and other infra structure...and we turned them down...infact we made a huge deal out if it, we did not want anything to do with US military projects, even if it was going to be used for our own protection because we thought it was going to cost some money....And now your saying the people are surprised when the US tells the world it does not protect Canada, your fucking kidding me right.....another example on how we throw shit at the Americans then blamer them for not forcing us into the program....

We had that chance to rethink all our defensive packs, Justin could have taken that to parliament when ever he wants...Nope he blindly signed onto an agreement shortly after, says he has no intention of complying. WHY SIGN THE DAMN THING>>>if not to make a point....That is what we are looking for in a leader of this nation ,a lair....just like all the rest of his speeches in front of the UN "were Back " another lie, he's good at making promises or writing checks he can't cash....am I worked up damn right....so should you be, 

Apparently while Trump was chewing out NATO Justy went for a jog in Latvia so he could tweet photos taken by his personal photographer, who made the trip. 

Why does Trudy have a personal photographer? Is he planning to audition for next season of the Apprentice?

He has no clue how bad he's going to get Wynnebagged by voters next election. 

18 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Justin knew exactly what he was signing onto we he said our nation would agree to meet the 2% of GDP mark, no one forced him to sign that agreement, his word is Canada's word...yesterday he told the media no that's not what we agreed to . we agreed to work "towards" that goal of 2 %....we are increasing military spending, that is a lie.....he has told the world we have no intention of meeting that goal....we are not doubling our defense spending....infact right after they took office they changed how and what is reported as defense spending ie coast guard budgets, some RCMP tasking etc, which dragged us to where we were....1.3 something, even with that cheat he has managed to cut DND spending to 1.2 something, a decrease.....Another lie, 

We've had governments that have told the odd lie - or exaggerated - or validly changed direction......but we have never had a government like this gang. Never has a government looked Canadians in the face at election time and told so many overt, bald-faced lies - each one designed to pick off blocks of voters - and each block left holding the bag. Whether it was modest deficits and balanced budgets to attract disenchanted red Conservatives and blue Liberals, getting rid of Harper's "embarrassing" emission targets to attract the eco-crowd, or ending first past the post to attract NDP voters. All calculated lies - and of course, now you have Military spending. Jumpin' junipers, there otta be a law!!

29 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

We've had governments that have told the odd lie - or exaggerated - or validly changed direction......but we have never had a government like this gang. Never has a government looked Canadians in the face at election time and told so many overt, bald-faced lies - each one designed to pick off blocks of voters - and each block left holding the bag. Whether it was modest deficits and balanced budgets to attract disenchanted red Conservatives and blue Liberals, getting rid of Harper's "embarrassing" emission targets to attract the eco-crowd, or ending first past the post to attract NDP voters. All calculated lies - and of course, now you have Military spending. Jumpin' junipers, there otta be a law!!

Hi!

This is what got me first interested in politics with my family! This was such an obvious lie and it still makes me annoyed that people aren't angry about it. I don't know how many people really want to change it, but he promised to and won an election promising to do it.

God I pray everyday that Canadians will remember all of this BS come election day.....I can't wait for the Anyone but Justin crowd to form.....Shit i'd rather we have Eyeball run the country, that is if we could get him down from his tree.....

6 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Our resident tree hugger, hater of all that is conservative and liberal.....maybe even himself not sure....

I kind of like the guy - really.......there's one in every crowd. Life wouldn't be the same without Eyeballs.

So I had a relative visiting from the UK. And he was very surprised that Trudeau wasn't in the lead any more, and asked what happened. And I said it really started with his attacks on the rich. Not that Canadians were opposed to that, but when you make a big deal about how rich people are taking advantage of special tax breaks and not paying their share, well you had best ensure you aren't one of them. When it turned out both Trudeau and Morneau were very wealthy men taking advantage of special tax breaks - ones they were NOT doing anything about while they focused on less wealthy people, a lot of people got indignant. Added to that was that his three short years of small deficits became fifty years of large deficits almost overnight without any explanation as to why. I mean, it isn't like the economy turned sour all of a sudden.

Then came the fiasco in India. Mr. Dressup was just so damn precious and inclusive and... patronizing and goofy looking and made an absurd spectacle of himself in front of half the world. I think it really brought home to a lot of Canadians just how shallow this guy was. The migrants are damaging him a lot now, because he started it and he is doing nothing to address the issue. This is particularly damaging them in Quebec, according to recent polls. Yet instead of doing anything it looks like they've decided to double down on "Anyone who questions us on refugees is a fool and probably encouraging racism" rhetoric, with regard to the Ontario government. They did not, of course, dare to pull this with the Quebec government, which was even more critical.

Now we have this new hypocrisy of Mr #metoo and 'zero tolerance' turning out to have groped a woman way back when, and suddenly the same rules he applied to other men no longer apply. More hypocrisy which will hopefully be reflected in the new polls.

9 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

We've had governments that have told the odd lie - or exaggerated - or validly changed direction......but we have never had a government like this gang...

...there otta be a law!!

There outta be a political party willing to create one.  Never seen one that diluted the power a politician has yet, that would take all the fun out of having yourself.

8 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Our resident tree hugger, hater of all that is conservative and liberal.....maybe even himself not sure....

Don't let Army Guy fool you, I've probably killed more trees and fish than everyone on this board put together and burn more fossil fuel in a day than most do in a month.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

Don't let Army Guy fool you, I've probably killed more trees and fish than everyone on this board put together and burn more fossil fuel in a day than most do in a month.

Army guy is not trying to fool anyone...…......your to liberal for even the liberals eyeball, the NDP might even be to liberal for you,.  the green party maybe....The tree huggers union is definitely your pigeon hole,...

6 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Army guy is not trying to fool anyone...…......your to liberal for even the liberals eyeball, the NDP might even be to liberal for you,.  the green party maybe....The tree huggers union is definitely your pigeon hole,...

I'm just not into dictators, I don't care what flavour they come in, and that's what really gets your goat - I refuse to get with the program.