What export tariffs should Canada impose on the US?

Just now, taxme said:

And that is maybe why America had to subsidize it's own dairy industry because of that 270% tariff. Trump has said that Canada has been getting the better deal with trade agreements with America for years now. But Trump has said enough already. It is time for Canada to start playing fair ball. And how would you know that Canada has not violated any trade deals with America or anyone else anyway? What? Are you an expert on trade deals and know everything about what goes on in trade deals? 

Trump’s Trade Policies Threaten Millions of Jobs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Says

Warning comes after administration says it will impose tariffs on steel and aluminum from Canada, Mexico and the European Union

3 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

You mentioned their names and provided zero evidence, I provided evidence.

You have provided nothing but just chit as you always do here. Anything you say cannot be taken serious. :unsure:

1 minute ago, Jimwd said:

Warning comes after administration says it will impose tariffs on steel and aluminum from Canada, Mexico and the European Union

The Chamber of Commerce can never be taken serious in what they say. They are just another lefty liberal outfit who at times does enjoy spreading lies and bull chit around along with Freeland and Trudeau. They both know that they are in a losing game with Trump. They just hope that they can push their bull around and hope to save face in hopes that they can get elected in the next Canadian election and then be able to say that look what we did. We were able to kick America's ass. Not going to work, Omni. 

Just now, taxme said:

The Chamber of Commerce can never be taken serious in what they say. They are just another lefty liberal outfit who at times does enjoy spreading lies and bull chit around along with Freeland and Trudeau. They both know that they are in a losing game with Trump. They just hope that they can push their bull around and hope to save face in hopes that they can get elected in the next Canadian election and then be able to say that look what we did. We were able to kick America's ass. Not going to work, Omni. 

The chamber of commerce is the business community. Have you lost your mind.?

the United States chamber of commerce contributed 35 million to republican candidates, they have always been aligned with the gop.

19 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

The chamber of commerce is the business community. Have you lost your mind.?

the United States chamber of commerce contributed 35 million to republican candidates, they have always been aligned with the gop.

Just because the C of C is a business community does not have to mean that everything they report about on is true. When some of their leaders have been caught stealing money from the C of C cookie jar and have plead guilty on those charges then one has to come to the conclusion that the C of C is not all that a reliable an outfit to want to trust or listen too? 

So, I wonder how much did the C of C contribute to the Democrats? 

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

Just because the C of C is a business community does not have to mean that everything they report about on is true. When some of their leaders have been caught stealing money from the C of C cookie jar and have plead guilty on those charges then one has to come to the conclusion that the C of C is not all that a reliable an outfit to want to trust or listen too? 

So, I wonder how much did the C of C contribute to the Democrats? 

The United states chamber of commerce is who you attacked with your silly nonsense ...

Stealing money would be trump 25 million for committing fraud.  remember? .....honesty is what you care  about.. or is it?

Edited by Jimwd

14 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

The United states chamber of commerce is who you attacked with your silly nonsense ...

Stealing money would be trump 25 million for committing fraud.  remember? .....honesty is what you care  about.. or is it?

Your faith in any outfit, even like the C of C, just shows how silly you can be. One of their leaders was caught stealing and that says it all about the C of C. If someone in the C of C  can steal money than someone in the C of C can lie. So, how many dollars has the C of C donated to the democrats? From what I have noticed over the years is that pretty much that the C of C has to have donated some money to the democratic party. All big business and other outfits like the C of C donates money to both political party's in the states. Why should the C of C not be doing the same? 

Trudeau stealing 4 billion of our Canadian tax dollars to go and give it away to help educate girls in other countries is committing theft because your prime mistake did not even ask Canadians first if we agreed with him to do so. Numb nuts also is giving 167 million Canadian tax dollars to help save big fishes like whales. That is theft because he had no permission by we the people to do so also. Your prime mistake is a fraudster. He commits fraud against the Canadian people every day. Why you get all upset with Trump supposedly committing fraud to the tune of twenty five million is beyond me. I could careless. Is Trump your President? Are you an American? Fraud and theft go on every day by our dear leaders but for some stupid ridiculous reason you only want to go after Trump?  There is no doubt that you must be suffering from TDS. It is so very obvious indeed. Go seek help will you. :rolleyes: 

10 minutes ago, taxme said:

Your faith in any outfit, even like the C of C, just shows how silly you can be. One of their leaders was caught stealing and that says it all about the C of C. If someone in the C of C  can steal money than someone in the C of C can lie. So, how many dollars has the C of C donated to the democrats? From what I have noticed over the years is that pretty much that the C of C has to have donated some money to the democratic party. All big business and other outfits like the C of C donates money to both political party's in the states. Why should the C of C not be doing the same? 

Trudeau stealing 4 billion of our Canadian tax dollars to go and give it away to help educate girls in other countries is committing theft because your prime mistake did not even ask Canadians first if we agreed with him to do so. Numb nuts also is giving 167 million Canadian tax dollars to help save big fishes like whales. That is theft because he had no permission by we the people to do so also. Your prime mistake is a fraudster. He commits fraud against the Canadian people every day. Why you get all upset with Trump supposedly committing fraud to the tune of twenty five million is beyond me. I could careless. Is Trump your President? Are you an American? Fraud and theft go on every day by our dear leaders but for some stupid ridiculous reason you only want to go after Trump?  There is no doubt that you must be suffering from TDS. It is so very obvious indeed. Go seek help will you. :rolleyes: 

"One of their leaders was caught stealing and that says it all about the C of C"

Trump was caught committing fraud and forced to pay 25 million. That  says it all about Trump.

Edited by Jimwd

36 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

"One of their leaders was caught stealing and that says it all about the C of C"

Trump was caught committing fraud and forced to pay 25 million. That  says it all about Trump.

Ya, I know. You already told me that a dozen times already. :rolleyes:  But when one is suffering from TDS they do have a tendency of repeating themselves over and over again. I hate Trump. I hate Trump. And they refuse to acknowledge that there were other crooks and liars involved in the past in the other losing party. But what more can be said. Some Trump hater people are just an exercise in futility. Aw well. So sad for them. :( 

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

Ya, I know. You already told me that a dozen times already. :rolleyes:  But when one is suffering from TDS they do have a tendency of repeating themselves over and over again. I hate Trump. I hate Trump. And they refuse to acknowledge that there were other crooks and liars involved in the past in the other losing party. But what more can be said. Some Trump hater people are just an exercise in futility. Aw well. So sad for them. :( 

I just used your reasoning to expose your lack of critical thinking skills. Have a nice day, and you’re right your Trudeau derangement syndrome is obvious.

Edited by Jimwd

On 6/30/2018 at 1:45 AM, -1=e^ipi said:

Yes, you are completely indifferent to the plight of poor people. Also, you seem to be indifferent to having a giant trade war in order to protect a system that makes poor people suffer.

But Donald Trump disagrees with dairy tariffs, therefore, by Canadian nationalism logic we must be pro giant tariffs and pro supply management system that makes food unnecessarily expensive for poor people.

How disgusting nationalism is.

Please. Enough of the nonsense. Supply management is a small part of this trade dispute. 

8 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

I just used your reasoning to expose your lack of critical thinking skills. Have a nice day, and you’re right your Trudeau derangement syndrome is obvious.

I like that one, copy cat. Did you come up with that one all by yourself, Omni? LOL. At least I am not the only one suffering from TDS a la Trudeau. But I just have to wait for another year and it should be all cleared up by then, thank the heavens. But you will have to wait for another 6 years for you to try, I say try, and get better. Trying to get over your TDS a la Trump after the next six years will be a lot harder for you than it will be with me. Chuckle-chuckle. 

2 minutes ago, paxrom said:

Alright Canada why don't we make peace, lower your tariff and start trading like a logical state. We'll continue to fund your nato deadbeat policy i uh mean liberal utopia. 

You mean more wars on 

lies and torture? No thx

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Please. Enough of the nonsense. Supply management is a small part of this trade dispute. 

I disagree that it's a small trade issue.

But let's say, for the sake of argument, that it is a small part of trade. How does that justify not putting supply management on the negotiating table and instead having a completely terrible poor-hating position on it?

On 7/2/2018 at 7:30 PM, paxrom said:

Why don't you pay more for nato then? You're in no position to criticize America's foreign policy. We been your piggy bank and defense for 70 years. The american people are waking up to the injustice. Trump wasn't the first president to complain about this and he won't be the last. If not then start learning russian and chinese. Seriously, we're getting real tired of our generosity being taken for granted. Lower your trade barrier, we're not asking for much just free trade to benefit everyone and not just you. Spend more for your own defense. We are asking for 2 percent of your gdp. Stop using it on researching whale crap.

"The U.S. accounts for more than 70 percent of all NATO military spending. Only Britain, Estonia, Greece and Poland now meet the NATO goal of spending at least 2 percent of GDP on defense." https://www.defensenews.com/global/the-americas/2017/06/07/canada-to-increase-military-spending-70-percent-in-10-years/

Seriously greece? You spend less than de-facto third world country??? 

"Whale crap" indeed. 167 million tax dollars wasted on bloody whales. What is Trudeau going to do to save the whales? Put feeding cages out there for them so when times get tough they will find a place to go and get some food? I hope some whale lovers here could tell me as to just what 167 million tax dollars will be going too to save the whales? 

It would appear as though Trudeau thinks whales are more important than paying it's fair share to NATO. This prime mistake of ours is really one screwed up kid in the head. :(

On 7/3/2018 at 12:47 PM, Jimwd said:

I asked you? What or where is YOUR expertise on Trump and his trade deals and tariffs with the rest of the world or do you just go by what others say as usual? What are your credentials? Do you know everything about every product involved in trade deals and tariffs and their impact on trade and tariffs with other countries and America? I don't because I am not interested or concerned about it all as you seem to be. When it comes to trade deals and tariffs I stay out of it unless forced into it by anti-Trump TDS people like you to give and have an opinion like a 270% tariff on dairy products which is a little bit too much.  :D

On 6/1/2018 at 2:02 AM, Machjo said:

If Canada really wants to make the US feel the pinch, I don't think import tariffs are the solution. Instead, I think export tariffs are the way to go. I'd impose the following export tariffs on the US:

1. a 25% tariff on Canadian steel exports to the US. It doesn't seem the US wants our steel anyway and, if we must pay a tariff, Id rather the Canadian government collect at least half of it.

2. A 10% tariff on Canadian aluminium exports to the US for the same reason as above.

3. A 1/3 tariff on the export of Canadian non-renewable resources, animal products and byproducts, tobacco, and alcohol.

The above tariffs would shift the pain of a trade war to Canadian producers and US consumers rather than on Canadian consumers and US producers as is the case with import tariffs.

Take that money and use it to produce what we import at home you have a viable solution. 

Let's take care of our own needs then worry about trade. 

46 minutes ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Take that money and use it to produce what we import at home you have a viable solution. 

Let's take care of our own needs then worry about trade. 

Your population is too small to sustain those kind of industry. It's just cheaper to sell to the Americans. No point resisting, just adopt unilateral free trade, it'll make everybody's life a lot easier. 

Edited by paxrom

3 hours ago, paxrom said:

Your population is too small to sustain those kind of industry. It's just cheaper to sell to the Americans. No point resisting, just adopt unilateral free trade, it'll make everybody's life a lot easier. 

If Canada adopted unilateral free trade, our per capita GDP would be much higher than that of the US within a generation unless the US follows suit. But hey, that would be your choice.

3 hours ago, Machjo said:

If Canada adopted unilateral free trade, our per capita GDP would be much higher than that of the US within a generation unless the US follows suit. But hey, that would be your choice.

We have some of the lowest trade barrier around, why do you think america's economy is the world's envy. And yes trump is pushing for free trade across nato . Get on board the trump train.

11 minutes ago, paxrom said:

We have some of the lowest trade barrier around, why do you think america's economy is the world's envy. And yes trump is pushing for free trade across nato . Get on board the trump train.

Part of his argument for tariffs against Canadian steel was that some of the material came from China. You realize don't you that if Canada adopted unilateral free trade, Canadian businesses would be free to buy all kinds of materials, machinery, etc. from around the world tariff-free. i can guarantee you that if Canada adopted unilateral free trade, the US would raise tariffs against Canada. yet Canada would still benefit due to access to lower-cost items from around the world.

Here is why Canada is so freaked out about trade with the United States....with pretty animations.

The U.S. is not so dependent on export trade as a percentage of GDP, and U.S. exports are far more diversified around the world.

Trudeau knows that Canada needs U.S. trade far more than the U.S. needs trade with Canada....and Trump knows this too.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4297411/canada-us-trade-war-animated-maps/?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=EditorsPick&utm_campaign=2015