The second amendment is failing the USA : Another school shooting!

14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No it doesn't...lots of perfectly sane Americans use firearms on a frequent basis, including shooting perps.

There are 82 gun deaths in the U.S. on average...every day.

I want one of those "Space Guns" used for trap shooting. Nifty looking rig with a huge bolt.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/ljutic-space-gun/

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Bingo. That'll be the big rub alright.

Experts...whatever the hell they are.

Edited by DogOnPorch

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sorry Canadians....we be keepin' our guns, and we sure as hell won't give them up because of cross border whining.  

Canadians are still wintering in the USA...guns or no guns.

Awwwww....you've done upset Omni again, damnit. 

:D

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sorry Canadians....we be keepin' our guns, and we sure as hell won't give them up because of cross border whining.  

Canadians are still wintering in the USA...guns or no guns.

Being that i have not ever owned a gun and have had no use for one...what is the fascination and feeling you need a gun.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Question still stands, who gets to decide what expert means and who gets to be one?

The language barrier alone here on Planet Babel will preclude any rational resolution.

I think we BOTH know that finding these 'experts' at both mental health and guns will not be an issue.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Just now, Kerfuffle said:

Being that i have not ever owned a gun and have had no use for one...what is the fascination and feeling you need a gun.

It's a conviction that many gun owners feel - take the notion they need guns to protect themselves from their government or to prevent it from being taken over by some enemy for example.  

Just now, eyeball said:

It's a conviction that many gun owners feel - take the notion they need guns to protect themselves from their government or to prevent it from being taken over by some enemy for example.  

1776...quite the year, I understand.

20 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

Do you not agree that banning assault rifles and guns that have high capacity clips would be a good start ..you wouldn't prevent all deaths but you would severely reduce the dead count.

Yabut what if Islamists or Hillary take over the government?  You think the death count is high now? Give your head a shake.

Just now, eyeball said:

No more an issue than finding climate experts everyone can agree with...should be a snap. 

The 'everybody must agree with' part is up for grabs. Whomever gets to dictate what experts are at the time. Could be the U of T's Psychology 101 class with the way things go.

Just now, eyeball said:

Yabut what if Islamists or Hillary take over the government?  You think the death count is high now? Give your head a shake.

I imagine if Islamists ever take over the (US?  I assume so given the Hillary reference) government there will be lots of guns just lying around.  Just move the body and pick it up.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

The 'everybody must agree with' part is up for grabs. Whomever gets to dictate what experts are at the time. Could be the U of T's Psychology 101 class with the way things go.

That was grabbed years ago and not even a vast vast majority is enough to convince.  It'll be whoever gives the politicians the most money.

4 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

Interesting....do you slip the roll over your belt so its with you all the time....

Good heavens man!  You take enough off to do the trick, fold it and put it in your backpack, next to the bearspray and the trailmix.

Edited by bcsapper