Will Trudeau Jnr make Morneau resign?

Trudeau Jnr and Morneau  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/31/2017 at 4:29 PM, PIK said:

Now we have 4-5 more libs doing what morneau did?

Newspaper reports...

=====

I reckon that Morneau has lost all credibility - a feeling that Nigel Wright knows well.

But here's the difference between Stephen Harper and, well, Justin Trudeau.

Nigel Wright was honest. Morneau was honest too, but he also believed in his natural, entitled right to be different from the rest of us.

=======

Morneau?

He will resign. 

9 hours ago, August1991 said:

Newspaper reports...

=====

I reckon that Morneau has lost all credibility - a feeling that Nigel Wright knows well.

But here's the difference between Stephen Harper and, well, Justin Trudeau.

Nigel Wright was honest. Morneau was honest too, but he also believed in his natural, entitled right to be different from the rest of us.

=======

Morneau?

He will resign. 

He should, if it was anybody else they would be gone. But morneau is the babysitter/ adult for cabinet. They can't afford to lose him..

Aha, our old friend Mr. Bronfman is mentioned in dispatches:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/justin-trudeau-adviser-stephen-bronfman-offshore-paradise-papers

Every time I do my taxes, and I'm asked about foreign property, Bronfman's family trust and Martin's steamship line come to mind. All completely legal no doubt (let's hope not) which makes it all the more infuriating. 

7 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Aha, our old friend Mr. Bronfman is mentioned in dispatches:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/justin-trudeau-adviser-stephen-bronfman-offshore-paradise-papers

Every time I do my taxes, and I'm asked about foreign property, Bronfman's family trust and Martin's steamship line come to mind. All completely legal no doubt (let's hope not) which makes it all the more infuriating. 

Most can accept that a Jewish Bronfman is rich, and probably pays far more tax than I do.

It is Paul Martin Jnr, son of an older Paul Martin Snr, whose wealth bothers some. Trudeau Snr made (francophone, Catholic) Paul Desmarais Snr wealthy who made Paul Martin Jnr wealthy.

As Trudeau Snr famously said: "Create counterweights." 

12 hours ago, August1991 said:

Most can accept that a Jewish Bronfman is rich, and probably pays far more tax than I do.

It is Paul Martin Jnr, son of an older Paul Martin Snr, whose wealth bothers some. 

You're wrong on all counts. It isn't that Bronfman or Martin pay far more tax than you or I do. I pay far more tax than most Canadians. I also pay a higher percentage of my income in tax than most Canadians. I'm fairly sure Bronfman, and Morneau and Trudeau with their offshore shelters and family trusts pay far LESS a percentage of their income in taxes than I do, though. Maybe even less than you do. Recall that Warren Buffet admitted that he pays a lower percentage of his income in tax than his secretary does. THAT'S what bugs people.

On 2017-11-06 at 1:40 AM, August1991 said:

It is Paul Martin Jnr, son of an older Paul Martin Snr, whose wealth bothers some. Trudeau Snr made (francophone, Catholic) Paul Desmarais Snr wealthy who made Paul Martin Jnr wealthy.

As Trudeau Snr famously said: "Create counterweights." 

I don’t see what religion has to do with it. These offshore ‘vehicles’ flout the spirit of the law. I’d expect that sort of behaviour from dodgy oligarchs with Mafia links, not PMs and their close aides and associates. If you get to a certain level of filthy richness you can develop an escape velocity sufficient to leave the tax system behind. That’s the reality and our politicians should be honest enough to admit it. 

On 10/23/2017 at 12:16 AM, August1991 said:

Argus, I strongly agree.

It is hard to imagine a more extreme example of "do as I say, not as I do" or, "taxes are for the little people", or "I am entitled to my entitlements."

Yet, in the mind of Morneau no doubt, his decision to enter "public service" was a personal sacrifice.

=====

Apparently, according to leftist websites, Stephen Harper is now worth about $7 million.

Justin Trudeau, officially by the same websites, has less than $2 million - inherited from his father. (But Alex Trudeau manages the Trudeau Foundation, Clinton Foundation style.) 

Hey, if you want to make money become a politician and try and get a minister's job. It does pay. Get to be the PM and it will pay even more. Go along with the elite and you will do ok. 

Ya, make a personal sacrifice alright. Try and struggle to make ends meet, and then look forward to come out of it broke. Very noble Canadian of him. 

According to the rightist websites, Chretien was not a millionaire until he exited politics. P. Martin probably did alright also after his PM stint. I think that the left probably just forgot about that one. All is forgiven.

And Alex probably is making millions for the trudeau foundation just like old Hillary made with her Clinton foundation. Where the hell did I go wrong? Dammit. 

10 hours ago, taxme said:

And Alex probably is making millions for the trudeau foundation just like old Hillary made with her Clinton foundation. Where the hell did I go wrong? Dammit. 

http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/fr/communaute/alexandre-trudeau

"Selon les règlements de la Fondation, M. Trudeau siège comme membre familial représentant la succession de Pierre Trudeau."

You gotta love it (/sarc): kids, Moms/Dads, grandkids, wives - they all travel, eat-out, stay abroad for the benefit of the Foundation. All of these travel costs are like an unlimited RRSP declaration.

Edited by August1991

On 11/6/2017 at 12:56 PM, Argus said:

You're wrong on all counts. It isn't that Bronfman or Martin pay far more tax than you or I do. I pay far more tax than most Canadians. I also pay a higher percentage of my income in tax than most Canadians. I'm fairly sure Bronfman, and Morneau and Trudeau with their offshore shelters and family trusts pay far LESS a percentage of their income in taxes than I do, though. Maybe even less than you do. Recall that Warren Buffet admitted that he pays a lower percentage of his income in tax than his secretary does. THAT'S what bugs people.

Argus,

Warren Buffet may give a LOWER PERCENTAGE of his income to the IRS than his secretary.

But Warren Buffet gives FAR MORE MONEY to the IRS (US government) than his secretary does.

====

Buffett knows this very well but he has a business to run.

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

Argus,

Warren Buffet may give a LOWER PERCENTAGE of his income to the IRS than his secretary.

But Warren Buffet gives FAR MORE MONEY to the IRS (US government) than his secretary does.

====

Buffett knows this very well but he has a business to run.

It still bugs people. Buffett thinks it’s bonkers too, and before anyone asks why does he take the money, there is a difference between observing a rule and agreeing with it. 

On 11/2/2017 at 7:38 AM, PIK said:

He should, if it was anybody else they would be gone. But morneau is the babysitter/ adult for cabinet. They can't afford to lose him..

And this fake and phony liberal left wing Canadian media of ours will never go after him like they do when it comes to a conservative committing anything. They will hound the conservative until they resign. Just like in America, the media hates conservatism and are doing their very best to at least make conservatism look unpalatable. And the sad part is that there are so many fools out there that will eat their anti-conservatism bull crap up. 

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

Just like in America, the media hates conservatism and are doing their very best to at least make conservatism look unpalatable.

America is conservatism central, Attila the Hun conservatism. We know this from the myriad illegal invasions the US has committed over its long and sordid history. 

Canadian media is largely conservative too. Look at how quickly they leaped to support the Hitler like actions of the US in the illegal invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. 

On 11/7/2017 at 10:05 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

I don’t see what religion has to do with it. These offshore ‘vehicles’ flout the spirit of the law. I’d expect that sort of behaviour from dodgy oligarchs with Mafia links, not PMs and their close aides and associates. If you get to a certain level of filthy richness you can develop an escape velocity sufficient to leave the tax system behind. That’s the reality and our politicians should be honest enough to admit it. 

Politicians be honest? Never. As a politician it is not a part of the job to be honest with we the people. Probably 95% of them are the biggest liars that ever walked the earth. They look and take care of this political swamp that the ordinary Joe and Mary six pack have to live and deal with. When was the last time we ever heard a politician utter the words yes or no? It would be very rare if they did. 

Governments hate competition, and that competition is you and me the ordinary honest and upright Canadian taxpayer's in the world. The problem is that we keep voting these thieves in all the time. 

When I finally get to hear some Canadian politician have the b-lls to say that they are going to drain the Canadian swamp and start wearing Make Canada Great Again hats then that person will get my vote. But I guess that I will be waiting for a very long time before I ever get to hear those words being said from our fearless leaders. You know those leaders that can't wait to find another excuse to find a new tax and create a bigger government, and who despise freedom of speech. Canada stinks and I have to sometimes wonder why do I give a chit? Things never get better, they get worse. Sad country indeed. 

25 minutes ago, hot enough said:

America is conservatism central, Attila the Hun conservatism. We know this from the myriad illegal invasions the US has committed over its long and sordid history. 

Canadian media is largely conservative too. Look at how quickly they leaped to support the Hitler like actions of the US in the illegal invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. 

Thank god for america keeping the losers in thier place. They need to do alot more. And canadian media is conservative, You are a TROLL.LOL

Edited by PIK

15 hours ago, August1991 said:

Argus,

You're missing the point. Our society has determined that the more you make, the higher the percentage of your income you must pay. This goes up carefully as your income rises until it reaches the top bracket, which is around $220k.

Except... after that it drops off a cliff, going back down again due to tax loopholes and protections only the well-healed can make use of. I'm not saying it should keep going up until the rich are forking over 99% of their income, but it should not be going down so that someone making $220k forks over 40-50% of their income while someone making $10 million forks over just 15%. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Just like Canada which is now being invaded by the flooding of hundreds of thousands of third world legal and illegal immigration every year. This is madness. 450,000 new immigrants coming to a neighborhood near you next year. Enjoy your diversity and multiculturalism.

It's our strength don't you know? Chuckle-chuckle.

I can't do anything about who America invades. Canada has no choice but to join in the invasion of other countries because the elite globalist establishment tells them that they have to or else. What you should be concerned about more is all those foreign cultures who are bringing with them their numerous foreign traditions, languages and religions which has been going on for several decades now. 

Canada is nowhere near a conservative country. It has become more like a country that prefers to promote liberalism/communism rather than conservatism. The Canadian media is a left wing media, and they are always ready to condemn anything conservative. Look at all that is going on with the Clinton's/Obama and the Uranium scandal. I have not heard a peep from the fake Canadian liberal media about this. But Trump now? Well? Lots of whining going on there every day about Trump from this cry baby media of ours. 

On 11/8/2017 at 3:35 PM, Argus said:

You're missing the point. Our society has determined that the more you make, the higher the percentage of your income you must pay. This goes up carefully as your income rises until it reaches the top bracket, which is around $220k.

Except... after that it drops off a cliff, going back down again due to tax loopholes and protections only the well-healed can make use of. I'm not saying it should keep going up until the rich are forking over 99% of their income, but it should not be going down so that someone making $220k forks over 40-50% of their income while someone making $10 million forks over just 15%. 

Argus, you're missing the point.

Warren Buffet pays alot of money to the government; he knows this. But he has a business to sell, typically among older, female, uh, widowers - likely fearful, inclined to vote Left.

=====

Fact: Among all people who file a federal tax form in Canada (Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, whatever the province), about 30% pay no federal tax at all.

Argus, among all potential voters, imagine that about 30% pay no tax whatsoever - no skin in the game. 

Imagine.

Edited by August1991

On 11/8/2017 at 3:35 PM, Argus said:

----

Argus, you seem obsessed about unfairness among people in rich countries such as Canada: the "rich" and the "very rich".

I am more concerned about why so many people, in this world of some 7 billion, are still illiterate. 

Edited by August1991

8 hours ago, August1991 said:

Warren Buffet pays alot of money to the government; he knows this. But he has a business to sell, typically among older, female, uh, widowers - likely fearful, inclined to vote Left.

More from the inscrutable files: what the hell is Buffet selling to older female widowers ?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkshire_Hathaway

"The company wholly owns GEICO, Dairy Queen, BNSF Railway, Lubrizol, Fruit of the Loom, Helzberg Diamonds, Long & Foster, FlightSafety International, Pampered Chef, and NetJets, "

"Remember all the old ladies riding the rails from town to town to get to the next Dairy Queen ?"  No we don't.  Therefore your statement works as a David Lynch short film but not as a realistic discussion of anything.

Fact: Among all people who file a federal tax form in Canada (Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, whatever the province), about 30% pay no federal tax at all.

How lucky they are !

Argus, among all potential voters, imagine that about 30% pay no tax whatsoever - no skin in the game. 

Imagine.

The stupidity of quoting this without the context of their relative poverty is self-evident.  People on welfare pay little if any taxes.  The dead pay nothing at all.  Oh that we were them.

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

I am more concerned about why so many people, in this world of some 7 billion, are still illiterate.

As a conservative, you should at least be happy with the effectiveness with which our modified capitalist system has helped the poorest of the world.   Instead, you are ignorant of the progress that world trade has brought, and perhaps still think there are starving people in China.  I'm not sure.

12 hours ago, August1991 said:

Argus, you're missing the point.

=====

Imagine.

Yes, I know this. I've said it repeatedly. What I don't know is what your point is. Either we have a progressive taxation system or we don't. I see no reason why Morneau should pay a lower percentage of his income in taxes than I do.

Warren Buffet owns dozens of companies. I really don't understand how you think railroads, paint,  auto parts and insurance appeals to old women either.