Will Trudeau Jnr make Morneau resign?

Trudeau Jnr and Morneau  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Do you really think Amazon is not good for society.  It seems their wages and benefits are better than you make them out to be.  

https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/2017/08/08/amazon-benefits-recruiting-warehouse-jobs/

Amazon's fulfillment centers have an enormous turnover. Most people, I understand, don't last beyond a few months. I've seen tons of negative reviews about the harsh work life there, more than enough to know I'd never want to work there.

On 11/23/2017 at 12:42 PM, Jariax said:

Wish that was true, but I think you severely overestimate the average Canadian voter. 
I'll wager that less than 20% of eligible voters know who Bill Morneau, is, and of that 5% only 40% know about the scandal, and of that 40%, only 10% are upset about it. 
And of that 10%, 90% vote for the same party every time anyways. 

Jariax,

Agreed. But I don't overestimate/underestimate the wisdom of ordinary Canadians. 

======

I suspect that because of Poileuvre/Scheer, more than 20% of eligible voters know who "Bill Morneau" is.

CBC listeners have never heard the other side (CPC) of the issue. (At most, they hear an NDP perspective.)

R-C,  it's an anglo story.

=====

This is a "Central English-Canadian Story"  - yet, no one is telling it - but many get it.

Edited by August1991

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

Jariax,

Agreed. But I don't overestimate/underestimate the wisdom of ordinary Canadians.

Uh....it was those "wise"  Candians who elected a drama teacher who's skill set and intellectual prowess would get him a job as a greeter at WalMart at the very best.

Regarding the Morneaus: one thing you learn to do when conducting investigations is to rule out co-incidence when gathering evidence.  99% of the time, it will save you a lot of time and grief.

Edited by cannuck

Does anyone really believe Morneau got into politics to make money selling shares? Like many rich people getting into this game, he made mistakes but I think we should take an indulgent view of this if we want more like him taking on high office. Otherwise we are into the politics of envy and I thought Conservatives were against that. 

I believe the Liberals are now able to use this as an opportunity to paint a picture as though the opposition is just using this as an opportunity to "play politics" and be desperate.

The Liberals will likely talk about how at first Opposition wanted the shares sold but now they are criticizing Morneau for selling the shares (late 2015). They will try to make it look as though Conservatives contradicted themselves even though that is not what happened.

Trudeau Jr. will keep Morneau because it lets them play their "positive politics" game and advertise how they won't let the opposition play games against them.

On 12/2/2017 at 12:18 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Does anyone really believe Morneau got into politics to make money selling shares? Like many rich people getting into this game, he made mistakes but I think we should take an indulgent view of this if we want more like him taking on high office. Otherwise we are into the politics of envy and I thought Conservatives were against that. 

I am, but the hypocrisy of him and Trudeau setting up a 'eat the rich' type campaign and inciting class warfare against 'the rich' who they then identify as the doctors, dentists, lawyers and farmers, well... it's great to see it turning against them. And I hope it eats them both for lunch and craps them out into history's gutter.

43 minutes ago, Argus said:

I am, but the hypocrisy of him and Trudeau setting up a 'eat the rich' type campaign and inciting class warfare against 'the rich' who they then identify as the doctors, dentists, lawyers and farmers, well... it's great to see it turning against them. And I hope it eats them both for lunch and craps them out into history's gutter.

Didn’t you just tell us that this thread was about Trudeau and Morneau and not about the rich versus very rich debate? 

3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Didn’t you just tell us that this thread was about Trudeau and Morneau and not about the rich versus very rich debate? 

It's about Morneau and Trudeau - who initiated the rich versus everyone else debate, and then got caught in their own class war.

So did the original revolutionaries in France wind up on their own guillotine.

You don't like the irony?

Edited by Argus

On 12/2/2017 at 12:18 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Such is the perception of the typical federal Liberal voter.

"He's so rich, he must be honest."

On 12/5/2017 at 2:31 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Is there any evidence for that at all? I’d say the opposite is true. And distrust of the rich is hardly confined to Liberal voters. 

Rich?

How about tall or blue eyes?

Both Justin Trudeau and Stephen Harper are tall (over 6', 1m90) and both have blue eyes.

Barack Obama? Like Richard Nixon, brown eyes - but 6"1.

Jimmy Carter was short (5'10 - 1m80) but he had blue eyes.

=====

I reckon that it is impossible for any person with brown eyes shorter than 1m75 to get elected in any democracy without subterfuge.

(Margaret Thatcher: Blue-eyed, about 1.65m)