Earlier this year Justin Trudeau (Liberals) Changed thee Citizenship Guide, and removed the 'Barbaric' Practices Warning, including references to Female Genital Mutilation and Honor Killings.

July, 2017 - Border officers reported that Female genital mutilation practitioners are travelling to Canada.

Study found that 80 per cent of Bohra women surveyed have undergone FGM and two of the study’s 18 Canadian participants said it happened within Canada’s borders.

Documents confirmed that Canadian girls are being taken abroad to undergo female genital mutilation, "Canada has done little to understand the scope of the problem and is lagging far behind other developed countries in their efforts to prevent “vacation cutting,” experts say."

If the Prime Minister of Canada was truly a feminist he would speak out against this barbaric act as it is condemned by the United Nations.

I don't believe The Prime Minister of Canada is a feminist since he has "quietly" removed items referring to the practice and has not cited the criminal code violations that it is cover in (S.267 & 268).

Video and Petition on Petition e-1310

Edited by seraphim
typo's -- I am good at typo's

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

The Prime Mister is not truly a feminist.  Nor are most feminists, apparently.    

Trudeau clearly notwithstanding what do you mean by most, 50%+1 or more? And why would you say that about most feminists? What in your opinion makes someone truly feminist?

Just now, eyeball said:

Trudeau clearly notwithstanding what do you mean by most, 50%+1 or more? And why would you say that about most feminists? What in your opinion makes someone truly feminist?

81.7%, I think, but I'm not sure.

I'm really just talking about those who avoid speaking the truth out loud about the plight of women under Islam for fear of offending those who really should be offended as much as is humanly possible. (That's why I liked the "barbaric cultural practices" thing)

The number varies based on things like cowardice, and the proximity of hysterical snowflakes. It's 82.1% now.  Changes all the time. 

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

81.7%, I think, but I'm not sure.

I'm really just talking about those who avoid speaking the truth out loud about the plight of women under Islam for fear of offending those who really should be offended as much as is humanly possible. (That's why I liked the "barbaric cultural practices" thing)

The number varies based on things like cowardice, and the proximity of hysterical snowflakes. It's 82.1% now.  Changes all the time. 

There were two other questions...

And just for the record, Islam certainly can blow alright.

Edited by eyeball

Just now, eyeball said:

There were two other questions...

Well, the number varies, as I said.  Both numbers used in my post would indicate most.

I would say a feminist is someone who advocates for equality of the sexes.  No more, no less. Regardless of who gets pissed off by it.  I'm one. 

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

The Prime Mister is not truly a feminist.  Nor are most feminists, apparently.  

You can fix your thread title, I think.  

Thanks for the heads up on the typo. This subject is very disturbing.

Whatever it is, it's simply medically unnecessary. The only reason for doing it is cultural and religious reasons which is the only reason it's still performed.

That's the reason we were given when asked if we'd like to circumcize our sons. The doctor was fully prepared to do so if we'd said yes. We didn't.

So...it should be discouraged if not banned right across the religious/cultural board for the same reason. As long as it isn't treated equally for all it'll always carry a certain legitimacy. That's what we get for being so tolerant of fantastical thinking in general. If you're in for a penny you're in for a pound.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Whatever it is, it's simply medically unnecessary. The only reason for doing it is cultural and religious reasons which is the only reason it's still performed.

That's the reason we were given when asked if we'd like to circumcize our sons. The doctor was fully prepared to do so if we'd said yes. We didn't.

So...it should be discouraged if not banned right across the religious/cultural board for the same reason. As long as it isn't treated equally for all it'll always carry a certain legitimacy. That's what we get for being so tolerant of fantastical thinking in general. If you're in for a penny you're in for a pound.

Yes, I agree.

How can you compare the two?

Male circumcision is cosmetic and sometimes medically necessary but does not damage the body the way female circumcision does.

You wanna ban both for some politically correct reason? Fine have at it and let us see the response from the savages and it is savage that wish to do this to women.

How people could do this to their daughters and still claim to care for them is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, Ash74 said:

How can you compare the two?

Male circumcision is cosmetic and sometimes medically necessary but does not damage the body the way female circumcision does.

You wanna ban both for some politically correct reason? Fine have at it and let us see the response from the savages and it is savage that wish to do this to women.

How people could do this to their daughters and still claim to care for them is beyond me. 

There is no argument that one is not much worse than the other. That's obviously where the focus of law enforcement should be. 

That said, unless there is a medical reason for it, nobody should have anything chopped off without their adult consent.

In my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Ash74 said:

I bet the response from civilised Christians and Jews will be far more interesting. But here's the thing, I don't see how we can expect any religion to adhere to responsible rational values until all do.

I really think secularism needs to be a little more in religion's face myself.  The extent of just plain stupid thinking in general is getting out of control when you consider anti-vaxxing, chemtrails and a litany of new whacked out conspiracies that seem to be proliferating. I just can't help but think that the official respectability afforded religion is partly responsible. It's like Pandora's Box is full of cracks and shit is just leaking out everywhere you look.  It's as the Pastafarians have satirically underscored, anything goes and usually straight down one of the slipperiest slopes there ever was.

I'm quite certain there are a couple of of sectors in our society that will regard what I just wrote as being amongst the least politically correct things that can be written. I suggested just the other day for example that it was too bad we couldn't have a leader that wasn't afraid to talk about the harm that fantastical thinking can do to people and society and was promptly reminded of Stalin.  You see what I mean?  Maybe you just can't fix stupid after all.

Edited by eyeball

23 hours ago, eyeball said:

Nothing wrong with circumcision. To compare it to FGM is extraordinarily idiotic.