EVIL DEM

11 minutes ago, betsy said:

If the shooter is another Islamist terrorist who purposefully come to Canada to kill innocent people

-  why should I tell people calling for a travel ban to shut up?  I'll be joining them! :lol:

No, not hypocritical.   You're ignorantly comparing guns to people driven by zeal with the sole goal of killing as many as they can. 

A gun by itself is harmless. It's not guns that kill - it's people.    Repeat after me:    It's not guns that kill - it's people. 

Furthermore, you cannot regulate evil.

Dysfunctional thinking by lefties in full display, folks! 

So you admit that this would be the time to go after your neighbors for being muslim but not the time to question why they need to have mass killing machines. Wow. I have no words.

So then why are you so concerned about North Korea having nukes? It's not nuclear weapons that kill people, it's people.

Repeat until you realize how stupid you sound.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, betsy said:

If the shooter is another Islamist terrorist who purposefully come to Canada to kill innocent people

-  why should I tell people calling for a travel ban to shut up?  I'll be joining them! :lol:

Travel banning who? The guy is an AMERICAN and a white American and a non-muslim so who exactly you want to ban travelling? Or are you saying that white Americans should be banned travelling t Canada or in any mass shootings then Muslims are to be banned for it regardless?? I am not clear.

5 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

So you admit that this would be the time to go after your neighbors for being muslim but not the time to question why they need to have mass killing machines. Wow. I have no words.

So then why are you so concerned about North Korea having nukes? It's not nuclear weapons that kill people, it's people.

Repeat until you realize how stupid you sound.

How the heck did my neighbors get into this?  If they're my neighbors.....that means they're already here, am I right?  Are you automatically associating my Muslim neighbors to terrorists?

And you mentioned the difference, Chrissy.  The only problem, you didn't recognize it.  Here:

not the time to question why they need to have mass killing machines.

You can question later.  They've been having that gun control thing for as long as I remember.  It can wait.

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Travel banning who? The guy is an AMERICAN and a white American and a non-muslim so who exactly you want to ban travelling? Or are you saying that white Americans should be banned travelling t Canada or in any mass shootings then Muslims are to be banned for it regardless?? I am not clear.

Go back and read what I was responding to. 

6 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

You are advocating to extend the right to access these weapons while those people's bodies are still warm. This is not the time to advocate for massive weaponry. You should wait for a more appropriate time.

You said it:  it's a right.

Repeat after me:  It's not things like guns that kill.  It's people.

15 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I did realize you were using the "IF" in your response but my question WHY you drag Muslims into this which clearly had nothing to do with Muslims. Why in your response you suddenly jumped to Muslims?? 

I wasn't the one who dragged Muslims into this, Citizen.    Will you go back and read ALL the exchanges between Chrissy and me!!!!

Edited by betsy

17 minutes ago, betsy said:

You said it:  it's a right.

Repeat after me:  It's not things like guns that kill.  It's people.

So it's North Korea's right to have nuclear weapons? It's not nuclear weapons that kill, it's people? Are you saying Trump is out of line by trying to limit their freedom to bear arms?

Just keep repeating that, bot.

16 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

So it's North Korea's right to have nuclear weapons? It's not nuclear weapons that kill, it's people? Are you saying Trump is out of line by trying to limit their freedom to bear arms?

What Trump is now the president of the world and decides who lives and who dies? This idiot has no credibility and has NO rights to ban any other country from having weapons when the country HE is the president itself has the largest arsenal of nuclear weapons. Hypocrisy to the maximum level. Either we all disarm or we expect others to arm themselves to match their weapons in order to stand up to their exploitative behaviour and military aggressiveness.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

21 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

Just keep repeating that, bot.

I don't think you understand why it's a right in the USA.  :lol:

Edited by betsy

11 minutes ago, betsy said:

I don't think you understand why it's a right in the USA.  :lol:

The second amendment was written before machine guns existed though, so if machine guns are included then all new weaponry is also included. Are you saying that North Korea should not be allowed to have nukes but the average U.S. citizen should? Maybe you should take the coward's way out, as you were trying earlier, and say it's not the appropriate time to answer the question. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

The second amendment was written before machine guns existed though, so if machine guns are included then all new weaponry is also included. Are you saying that North Korea should not be allowed to have nukes but the average U.S. citizen should? Maybe you should take the coward's way out, as you were trying earlier, and say it's not the appropriate time to answer the question. :lol: 

If you want to discuss North Korea and nuclear weapons, create your own thread for it.  I don't want to derail this topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hal 9000 said:

Late night TV should be light viewing.  All these guys wanting to get political has turned me completely off.  I suppose some people want every single moment of their lives politicized, but I can't stand it and can't stand Kimmell anymore.  Quit your crying pal...sheesh!

Turned you off because they have pointed out the idiocy of the wingnut you support. Oh well, you can get more sleep now. night, night.

Evil Dems are downright liars!

Liberals can't handle the Asian factor in affirmative action

If you doubt that affirmative action policies in college admissions need a bright dose of sunlight, just read the first sentence of The New York Times story that purported to reveal a new Justice Department initiative to examine those policies. The story, which the administration has disputed, asserts that the aim of the Trump administration is to investigate and sue schools over actions that "discriminate against white applicants."

It's a common one in liberal defenses of affirmative action. We realize it in an admission a few sentences later in the story. The Justice Department document that The Times has obtained, you see, says nothing about white people. In fact, the document doesn't identify any specific victim of affirmative action, only the procedures of "intentional race-based discrimination."

Liberals can't absorb the Asian factor. It doesn't fit the whites vs. people of color setup.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/opinions/liberals-affirmative-action-asian-factor-bauerlein/index.html

Edited by betsy

8 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Late night TV should be light viewing.  All these guys wanting to get political has turned me completely off. 

I'm sure you agree that there are times when you can't be funny anymore.  There's escapism, and then there's denial.  And there are times when comedy would seem completely inappropriate also.

I think there are a dwindling number of public forums wherein people from all stripes are gathered together.  As such, a late-night show could be a good place for some kind of expression of ideas to happen, in a limited way.  Limited because, after all we're talking about a variety show.

But I somewhat agree with you in that they should just drop the politics if it isn't helping the dialogue.  And I"m not sure that it is.

Trump seems to have been criticized for not labelling the Las Vegas shooting as terrorism.  They're making it sound like just because the killer was white, Trump doesn't label him as a terrorist. 

Why should he call it terrorism?  No one knows the motive for the killings yet.

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Trump seems to have been criticized for not labelling the Las Vegas shooting as terrorism.  They're making it sound like just because the killer was white, Trump doesn't label him as a terrorist. 

Why should he call it terrorism?  No one knows the motive for the killings yet.

Well, it's obvious that the left want it to be terrorism (at the very least).  In Orlando they wanted it to be gun violence, at VT they wanted gun violence/workplace violence.  This situation, if called terrorism/gun violence would go a long way to evening out the score between radical Islamic terrorism and "white nationalist" terrorism.  You have to know that when news broke that he was a white male, the liberals (along with locals like dialamah, Omni and jacee) were hoping beyond hope that he was a christian...or at least a Trump supporter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm sure you agree that there are times when you can't be funny anymore.  There's escapism, and then there's denial.  And there are times when comedy would seem completely inappropriate also.

I think there are a dwindling number of public forums wherein people from all stripes are gathered together.  As such, a late-night show could be a good place for some kind of expression of ideas to happen, in a limited way.  Limited because, after all we're talking about a variety show.

But I somewhat agree with you in that they should just drop the politics if it isn't helping the dialogue.  And I"m not sure that it is.

Yes, but every night!  C'mon, if you can't be funny (or at least light hearted), take the night off.  There is no denial either and no escapism if the TV is on at all.  We've lost the TV and movie people because of their "expression", we've lost music, we've lost sports, we've lost SNL, and we've lost morning TV (for the most part) and now late night TV because everyone has to express their views.  You wake up listening to Joy Behar ranting and go to bed with Jimmy Kimmell crying, and everything in between is politics.

We get it - you hate Trump!

I should laugh at the irony of the left talking about unity and division, when you literally can't turn on a single bit of media without the liberals spewing their hatred for Donald Trump and his supporters.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hal 9000 said:

Well, it's obvious that the left want it to be terrorism (at the very least).  In Orlando they wanted it to be gun violence, at VT they wanted gun violence/workplace violence.  This situation, if called terrorism/gun violence would go a long way to evening out the score between radical Islamic terrorism and "white nationalist" terrorism.  You have to know that when news broke that he was a white male, the liberals (along with locals like dialamah, Omni and jacee) were hoping beyond hope that he was a christian...or at least a Trump supporter.

Of course.