Would you like some sofrito sauced "democracy" ?

Altai

20 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Kind of reminds me of the Kurds.....but they don't count do they.....

17 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So, Altai, by your logic, the Kurds should be allowed to break away from Turkey and be an independent nation.

You guys need to know that I am not a supporter of democracy. You are the supporters of democracy and I am asking you questions according to your own perspective. I am telling you that you behave hypocrite in your ideology. You defend democracy as long as it fits with your personal ego and you reject it when it starts to be disturbing for you. 

Currently you are in the feeling that "psychological reflection" or "easy escape". So you are trying to ignore and hide your mistakes by blaming others with the same mistakes, trying to find accomplices not to feel alone but you are trying it on a wrong person. 

2 hours ago, Altai said:

You guys need to know that I am not a supporter of democracy. You are the supporters of democracy and I am asking you questions according to your own perspective. I am telling you that you behave hypocrite in your ideology. You defend democracy as long as it fits with your personal ego and you reject it when it starts to be disturbing for you. 

Currently you are in the feeling that "psychological reflection" or "easy escape". So you are trying to ignore and hide your mistakes by blaming others with the same mistakes, trying to find accomplices not to feel alone but you are trying it on a wrong person. 

Without democracy you must have absolute trust in your leadership. We do not trust our leadership with that kind of total power.
Democracy is constantly threatened by the elite who see it as a barrier to achieving power and wealth, but in principle it does put a limit on the power of government. It is imperfect but there is no better alternative. 

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Altai said:

You are mistaken in my case. I am a militant Monarchist. I bend to the social pressure for a Constitutional Monarchy, but I am a Monarchist first. Hence, my support for the King of Spain.

Edited by Queenmandy85

13 hours ago, Altai said:

Is democracy the one "be all" and "end all" forms of government , no it is not, far from it.....I mentioned the kurds because i to find it hypocritical that you being from Turkey are slamming the west for their approaches to , and choose of  government , I get it most middle eastern countries prefer the dictatorship style, being told what to do when to do it, with very little freedoms for the citizens..... it is very similar to your religion actually, and we all tend to gravitate towards what we know....Turkey has a long and most of times bloody past, as we all do really, but Turkey has been doing it alot longer, one would think they would have perfected something by now...And still even with the massive age difference Turkey is still oppressing it's citizens and fellow cultures such as the Kurds, and others.....I know sometimes we all do not learn on the same curve.....maybe one day...

10 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Is democracy the one "be all" and "end all" forms of government , no it is not, far from it.....I mentioned the kurds because i to find it hypocritical that you being from Turkey are slamming the west for their approaches to , and choose of  government , I get it most middle eastern countries prefer the dictatorship style, being told what to do when to do it, with very little freedoms for the citizens..... it is very similar to your religion actually, and we all tend to gravitate towards what we know....Turkey has a long and most of times bloody past, as we all do really, but Turkey has been doing it alot longer, one would think they would have perfected something by now...And still even with the massive age difference Turkey is still oppressing it's citizens and fellow cultures such as the Kurds, and others.....I know sometimes we all do not learn on the same curve.....maybe one day...

Stop trolling. Did you understand what I say ? I-do-not-support-democracy-! so its impossible for me to be hypocrite on this issue. You should read my old topics. 

You are supporting democracy and you are trying to create excuses to ignore democracy when it results opposite to your interests. For example Trump won the elections and almost half of US people tried to find excuses to ignore results, including coup attempt ideas.

On 10/8/2017 at 5:26 AM, Altai said:

Stop trolling. Did you understand what I say ? I-do-not-support-democracy-! so its impossible for me to be hypocrite on this issue. You should read my old topics. 

You are supporting democracy and you are trying to create excuses to ignore democracy when it results opposite to your interests. For example Trump won the elections and almost half of US people tried to find excuses to ignore results, including coup attempt ideas.

Democracy is not pretty and is by no means perfect but I have yet to see anything better. (To paraphrase Winston Churchill)

Some in Canada call it an elected dictatorship and yes in many ways it is. I personally loathe the people that form the current Canadian Government and those that are the Ontario Government but I lost. They were elected to those posts in a system I support so I will exercise my free speech and disagree with them when I see fit.

On 10/8/2017 at 6:26 AM, Altai said:

I Understood it all to well, some how you think your providing valuable content to this forum, when really your just confirming what we have been thinking all along......"i'm glad i don't live in Tukey",  i also under stand your a bored teenager and for kicks you enjoy coming here on a Canadian forum to express your political statements, and to tell all of us westerns how evil we are....and how we should be like turkey, a shinning example of how everyone should conduct their lives....Sorry, but despite all our warts and problems i will take democracy any day, i think ASH74 said it perfectly.....we love our democracy.....I really don't give a shit whether you support democracy or not, your opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things.....your people will continue to immigrate to Canada, because they have very a different opinion than you, Those Turkish people they are most likely out of diapers, and not living with mom and dad, they also love what democracy can do for them, and their families....Not many Canadians wake up one morning and say, shit i hate this oppression...i think i'll move to turkey..... 

Edited by Army Guy

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

I Understood it all to well, some how you think your providing valuable content to this forum, when really your just confirming what we have been thinking all along......"i'm glad i don't live in Tukey",  i also under stand your a bored teenager and for kicks you enjoy coming here on a Canadian forum to express your political statements, and to tell all of us westerns how evil we are....and how we should be like turkey, a shinning example of how everyone should conduct their lives....Sorry, but despite all our warts and problems i will take democracy any day, i think ASH74 said it perfectly.....we love our democracy.....I really don't give a shit whether you support democracy or not, your opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things.....your people will continue to immigrate to Canada, because they have very a different opinion than you, Those Turkish people they are most likely out of diapers, and not living with mom and dad, they also love what democracy can do for them, and their families....Not many Canadians wake up one morning and say, shit i hate this oppression...i think i'll move to turkey..... 

LoL, so what I should say ? Truths hurts, I think this is why you are such agressivelly trying to personalize issue.

If you really believe in democracy and you love it as you claim, leave stolen Canada lands as quick as possible and leave it to its real owners ? You cant do that, because you are hypocrite who invents a system named "democracy" and abuse it as long as it fits with your personal interests.

Edited by Altai

6 minutes ago, Altai said:

LoL, so what I should say ? Truths hurts, I think this is why you are such agressivelly trying to personalize issue.

If you really believe in democracy and you love it as you claim, leave stolen Canada lands as quick as possible and leave it to its real owners ? You cant do that, because you are hypocrite who invents a system named "democracy" and abuse it as long as it fits with your personal interests.

It is not me on some Turkish political web site vying for some attention, but rather you....it is you that has made it your personal mission in life to show us westerns our evil ways.....that and i was bored.

what does stolen lands have to do with democracy ? or is it only the Turkish ottoman empire that is allow to have stolen lands at one time one of the greatest empires in the world....now reduced to failed Military coups, and beating up poor kurds...and occasionally getting your ass kicked by a few Islamic terrorists.....i see where it would be a model for the rest of the world to follow....and yet with all our problems none of our native american indians have tried to blow us up in our streets, why is that ? .

57 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

It is not me on some Turkish political web site vying for some attention, but rather you....it is you that has made it your personal mission in life to show us westerns our evil ways.....that and i was bored.

what does stolen lands have to do with democracy ? or is it only the Turkish ottoman empire that is allow to have stolen lands at one time one of the greatest empires in the world....now reduced to failed Military coups, and beating up poor kurds...and occasionally getting your ass kicked by a few Islamic terrorists.....i see where it would be a model for the rest of the world to follow....and yet with all our problems none of our native american indians have tried to blow us up in our streets, why is that ? .

Still you are trying to attack my person because you cant give a logical reply to my question. You are also aware of your hypocrisy and you are trying to take attention somewhere else by blaming others with somethings. 

Reply my question, soldier !!! If you believe in democracy, tell me what is the crime laws in Canada about theft, extortion, murder ? If you believe in democracy, now punish yourself, leave Canada personally, can you do that ? You cant, soldier !!! Because you are lying, you are hypocrite. Now keep living there with that shame. 

Tell me what does stolen lands have to do with democracy.....are you saying that a democratic nation can't not seize lands being it from conflict or annexing, or are you just suggesting that you can only do that if your in a dictatorship or communist nation.... I think everyone on this board has already given you the answer to your question.....we agree we have lied, cheated, stolen, killed, stomped the shit out of many to become what we are today.....we have said sorry to thousands, we have paid out billions to those that we have wronged.....and we will continue to do so for many years to come....that is the difference between us and you.....we have stood up and owned our wrongs, and are in the process of paying for them and while we have a long way to go, we have began our journey. 

I know in your culture that makes us weak, to admit your mistakes....we can't be to weak, we don't have huge terrorist groups blowing up shit in Canada every week, In the end our nation will be stronger for it, and yours will become a militarized nation, afraid to sleep at night....you keep your Turkey , and i will gladly keep Canada and everything that it means.....

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Tell me what does stolen lands have to do with democracy.....are you saying that a democratic nation can't not seize lands being it from conflict or annexing, or are you just suggesting that you can only do that if your in a dictatorship or communist nation.... I think everyone on this board has already given you the answer to your question.....we agree we have lied, cheated, stolen, killed, stomped the shit out of many to become what we are today.....we have said sorry to thousands, we have paid out billions to those that we have wronged.....and we will continue to do so for many years to come....that is the difference between us and you.....we have stood up and owned our wrongs, and are in the process of paying for them and while we have a long way to go, we have began our journey. 

I know in your culture that makes us weak, to admit your mistakes....we can't be to weak, we don't have huge terrorist groups blowing up shit in Canada every week, In the end our nation will be stronger for it, and yours will become a militarized nation, afraid to sleep at night....you keep your Turkey , and i will gladly keep Canada and everything that it means.....

So now we have another famous Westerner word, "APOLOGIZING". I am famous to this word with US. Seem like its popular in Canada too. 

Apologizing does not solve anything. Its like your granpa stole someones car and you keep using that car after you apologize. There are much worse things than stealing someone's car. For example stealing someones lands or their life. 

You said your love your democratic country. Okay then tell me, what happen if you steal someone's house in your democratic Canada ? Apologizing will solve anything in the court ? 

7 hours ago, Altai said:

So now we have another famous Westerner word, "APOLOGIZING". I am famous to this word with US. Seem like its popular in Canada too. 

Apologizing does not solve anything. Its like your granpa stole someones car and you keep using that car after you apologize. There are much worse things than stealing someone's car. For example stealing someones lands or their life. 

You said your love your democratic country. Okay then tell me, what happen if you steal someone's house in your democratic Canada ? Apologizing will solve anything in the court ? 

We all voted to stay.

Democracy is a bitter pill when your on the losing side. 

3 hours ago, Ash74 said:

We all voted to stay.

Democracy is a bitter pill when your on the losing side. 

Then why do you not also vote in the courts but judges makes the final decision ? Democracy contradicts with itself too. So its a hypocrite system within itself and anyone who defends democracy becomes a hypocrite automatically. 

Regardless of the form of government, a region that doesn't want to be part of a larger country should not be forced to remain a part of that larger country. The age of empires is over. It is no government's right to force the people of a region who yearn for independence to remain subjects against their will. 

1 hour ago, Bonam said:

Regardless of the form of government, a region that doesn't want to be part of a larger country should not be forced to remain a part of that larger country. The age of empires is over. It is no government's right to force the people of a region who yearn for independence to remain subjects against their will. 

Nah I am not agree with that. Noone has right to own a piece of the World. Anyway, I dont want to discuss it here, I just wanted to bring a small note.

19 hours ago, Altai said:

Catalonia leader said that they will think again about their independence declaration :lol: Appearently death threats works.

Guess they didn't want their independence bad enough.

A bunch of people wanted independence to the south of me a couple hundred years ago and they took on the biggest military the world had ever seen at the time. Their lives were threatened also

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 12:57 PM, Bonam said:

I'm pretty sure the UN has a framework for considering this situation.  It's a messy thing, but a negotiation will have to happen at some point.