Women Who Cover Their Faces Shouldn't Be accepted To Enter Canada!

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Someone else worried about Muslims ...

Though he/she is a little bit confused.

You don't have to go and see graffiti on bus shelters to find calls to kill Jews. Just go to your local mosque and you'll find lots there.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/08/22/islamic-schools-mosques-in-canada-are-filled-with-extremist-literature-study.html

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

Just now, Omni said:

I guess staunch xenophobes don't worry much about accuracy. Anybody doesn't look like them, "kill them all" 

Yeah.  At least Argus waits to see a headscarf before condemning* someone.  Gotta give him credit there.  

*Condemning does not equal wishing death on someone.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Yeah.  At least Argus waits to see a headscarf before condemning* someone.  Gotta give him credit there.  

*Condemning does not equal wishing death on someone.

Well of course that headscarf thing clinches the terrorism thing doesn't it now? There could have been serious carnage during the winter months of where I grew up in Ontario. Headscarves everywhere and not a Muslim for a hundred miles. 

8 minutes ago, overthere said:

Back on topic....

I am not sure why so many people are so  threatened by women wearing burkas or niqabs or clothing that hides their head or body..

Should I feel threatened  by the Hutterite women I see often here?  They are a secretive, closed Christian sect that live in rural colonies and have little to do with other Canadians .  They intermarry with other Hutterities.  Their faces are stern and they don't approve of others unlike them. They have little to do with anybody but other Hutterites. They spend a lot of time in prayer and Bible study. The women wear head coverings, cover all their skin, and wear voluminous skirts that could hide a hundred kilos of high explosives, easily.  Just how afraid should I be?

There are no degrees of equailty. .  

I don't think it's about feeling "threatened".  As I've posted before, I think it's more out of concern.  It's uncomfortable to see women so beaten down - religiously or in their domestic situations - that they feel they must express outwardly and apologetically that they are inferior beings.  Both are abuse - religious abuse or domestic abuse.  And I feel that just because a woman participates in her own abuse, it doesn't make it okay.  It's like seeing a woman walking around with bruises and black eyes and the crap beaten out of her.  It's uncomfortable, not threatening.  These things are worn to outwardly show everyone else their political and/or religious leanings.  Western culture is that we are suspicious of anyone who hides what they are and we place a lot of importance on the abillity to read and see someone's face (this is actually a "human" trait, which is another reason why the burkas make people in general uncomfortable.)  Tolerance goes both ways, and it would be nice to see some tolerance and understanding from Muslims towards Westerners.

Are the Hutterites also on a world-wide terrorism rampage?  This is the first I've heard of it?

• Like 2

France has the similar opinion to Betsy and insists its a democracy and its desire to do away with the total face covering is not particular to Muslims and applies to everyone equally. I personally think if the law applies to all equally twisting it to be anti Muslim only, is intellectually dishonest. I myself do not see it as a Muslim only issue. I think ANY person man or women, adult of child, who has a cultural practice of completely covering their face is a challenge to our basic and fundamental democratic values. Its a topic not going away simply calling it anti Muslim. Its not. It is against a practice by ANYONE who follows a culture that believes in this, not just Muslims. I don't want my country accepting as a norm face coverings. I don't.

I think it is a sexually  fascist, backward  and idiotic cultural practice based on the concept that a woman's face is a sexual phenomena that needs to be covered because men can't control their magic wands.. I find that premises stupid and backword. I have the right to say that and not be called anti Muslim. I am not anti Muslim. Not all Muslims practice this idiot practice. Its not a Koran edict. It I s a cultural practice the Koran never mentioned. It was created my men, including men in Muslim societies. It was done away with in most societies as men learned to control their urges. Let me say to men, if you can't control your urges and need a woman's face covered to accommodate your sex urges and want our society to believe that, think again.  I don't  believe in wearing a Russian bear fur hat. Does that  make me an anti-Semite?

Now that said, this knee jerk liberal reaction that if you are against face coverings you must hate Muslims is intellectual dishonesty. I have the right to question Muslims or anyone else who engages in sexual practices that are idiotic. As for the giggles about face coverings in the winter, if some of you think that is what this issue is about giggle away if it makes you feel intellectually superior but you are dishonest and not addressing the issue. This is not about covering your face for a sandstorm or a blizzard. Knock off the crap. This is not about suggesting workers  can't cover their face when raising dust to protect their lungs. Trying to twist it to an issue it does not deal with avoids the real issue and is intellectually dishonest.

Those of you who support face coverings as "cultural values" you endorse  are fascists. Stop posing as smug holier then thou tolerant liberals. You aren't. You endorse sexual fascism. You are sexual fascists.

No endorsing sexual prehistoric views does not make you tolerant, it makes you intolerant, not to mention in my opinion idiots.

Go spend a day in a society where women cover their faces.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Do you understand that most Canadians, according to the polls, agree with me?

I understand you claim so and I understand that it may even be true that most Canadians agree with you. Understand that wether most Canadians agree with me or not is of no importance to me or my ethics. I also understand that Canadians ageeing with you  is very important to you.

Edited by Peter F
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Fighting about Muslim women dressing in Glad garbage bags is the wrong hill to die on, frankly. 

I would agree with you except for the fact that those who require and enforce the headcoverings are very willing for that to be the hill they die on.

In addition, anyone who requires and enforces this or insists on wearing it when it's not appropriate, it is indicative of many unacceptable attitudes about and towards women.  The men who demand it treat Western women with utter hatred and violence.  The women who demand it are (I feel) a bit envious of women who are not required to wear it and look down on them and treat Western women badly as well.  This is how these archaic beliefs translate into everyday life for Canadians.  

The other issue I have with them is that those who wear especially the full face-coverings - it is a HUGE impediment to integrating.  Partly because they are also the women who are rarely allowed to leave their own homes - even in Canada.  Other women do not feel burka'ed women are approachable, so when everyone's taking their children to the park to play, the burka'ed women are often left out of socializing, which also shuts down integrating.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Why would you support importing stupid people when we already have an oversupply? In fact, I'd be pleased to include an IQ test as part of the requirements to immigrate here. No stupid people allowed! Just like no religious fanatics allowed!

Carefull, Argus, you may end up legislating both of us right out of this country.

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I would agree with you except for the fact that those who require and enforce the headcoverings are very willing for that to be the hill they die on.

In addition, anyone who requires and enforces this or insists on wearing it when it's not appropriate, it is indicative of many unacceptable attitudes about and towards women.  The men who demand it treat Western women with utter hatred and violence.  The women who demand it are (I feel) a bit envious of women who are not required to wear it and look down on them and treat Western women badly as well.  This is how these archaic beliefs translate into everyday life for Canadians.  

The other issue I have with them is that those who wear especially the full face-coverings - it is a HUGE impediment to integrating.  Partly because they are also the women who are rarely allowed to leave their own homes - even in Canada.  Other women do not feel burka'ed women are approachable, so when everyone's taking their children to the park to play, the burka'ed women are often left out of socializing, which also shuts down integrating.

I suppose I mean it isn't the root of the problem. More a "phenotypical" result of the problem: Islam.

I'm not religious...an atheist. But, I have no trouble finding the so-called good bits in/of various religions...save one.

Nobody else can name even one thing they think is good about Islam, either...apparently.

Even Ancient Rome could crack a smile...

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Nobody else can name even one thing they think is good about Islam, either...apparently.

Or about western society, the "open and honest ones".

They deny Muslims the right to speak out against the war crimes of the very governments they have to hold their noses to vote for. They are denied the right to speak freely about the, all you know full well, the illegal invasions and the terrorism of the US, UK, Canada, ... in Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, ... . 

This is all accomplished with the current McCarthyism that is prevalent in western society.

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

Or about western society, the "open and honest ones".

They deny Muslims the right to speak out against the war crimes of the very governments they have to hold their noses to vote for. They are denied the right to speak freely about the, all you know full well, the illegal invasions and the terrorism of the US, UK, Canada, ... in Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, ... . 

This is all accomplished with the current McCarthyism that is prevalent in western society.

Nobody can name anything good about Islam or they would.

Simple as that.

You're free to support Islam over Western Civilization.

25 minutes ago, Rue said:

Those of you who support face coverings as "cultural values" you endorse don't pose like you are tolerant liberals. You aren't. You endorse sexual fascism. You are sexual fascists. There the shoe fits wear it.

I don't like niqabs either, they make me uncomfortable, especially with those long black dresses.

But I do support the right of people to wear what they want without suffering legal penalties, as well as social ones.

I also do not think my comfort level should dictate what someone else is allowed to wear.

If criminals wearing niqabs became a common feature of crimes, that might be a reason to disallow them.  But as that has not happened with balaclavas I fail to see how there is any justification for disallowing niqabs.

• Like 1