Women Who Cover Their Faces Shouldn't Be accepted To Enter Canada!

Just now, dialamah said:

I don't like niqabs either, they make me uncomfortable, especially with those long black dresses.

But I do support the right of people to wear what they want without suffering legal penalties, as well as social ones.

I also do not think my comfort level should dictate what someone else is allowed to wear.

If criminals wearing niqabs became a common feature of crimes, that might be a reason to disallow them.  But as that has not happened with balaclavas I fail to see how there is any justification for disallowing niqabs.

Folks generally don't walk around with balaclavas unless it's -40. Try walking by that armored car picking-up cash wearing one...watch the ensuing hilarity.

1 hour ago, Peter F said:

I understand you claim so and I understand that it may even be true that most Canadians agree with you. Understand that wether most Canadians agree with me or not is of no importance to me or my ethics. I also understand that Canadians ageeing with you  is very important to you.

I'm simply pointing it out because your sense of being the noble defender of the underclass seems to rest upon the assumption that the rest of us are some kind of extremists, when, in point of fact, you're the extremist on this issue.

Edited by Argus

2 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Serious non sequitur.

You're the serious non-sequitur.

Dialamah imagines balaclavas as:

A] standard Western Civilization wear...not. 

B] Acceptable anywhere...nope.

C] A way to apologize for Islam's obvious failings...yup.

Just now, Argus said:

I'm simply pointing it out because your sense of being the noble defender of the underclass seems to rest upon the assumption that the rest of us are some kind of extremists, in point of fact, you're the extremist on this issue.

Hey, if extremist soothes your doubts then call me an extremist. 

46 minutes ago, Peter F said:

Carefull, Argus, you may end up legislating both of us right out of this country.

I haven't been near a church - other than for weddings and funerals, in decades, and I know very well I'm not stupid.

I have a low tolerance, though, for stupid people, and at heart, my conviction is that these Muslim religious fanatics are STUPID. Their ideas are STUPID. Their hatreds are STUPID. The fact their societies won't adapt to the modern world is STUPID. And I don't think we need more stupid people coming into Canada. If asking people if they believe it's necessary for all women to wear a bag over their heads or if gays should be killed or whatnot reveals that they're stupid then I'm all for refusing them status as immigrants.

32 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Or about western society, the "open and honest ones".

It's provided the highest standard of living with the longest lifespan and the most freedom for the most people of any society in the history of this planet.

Edited by Argus

Another non sequitur. And you can't read, or at least you can't comprehend.

Dialamah didn't say what you said. She said that people are free to wear what they want, which is, I must inform you, the truth. How do we know this? Because Hutterites wear what they want, as do  Hindus, Sikhs, Mennonites, ... . 

How has this escaped such a brilliant mind? 

21 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I don't like niqabs either, they make me uncomfortable, especially with those long black dresses.

But I do support the right of people to wear what they want without suffering legal penalties, as well as social ones.

And you support bringing in more people who believe women should wear them, and zealously attack anyone who argues against that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

It's provided the highest standard of living with the longest lifespan and the most freedom for the most people of any society in the history of this planet.

By killing tens of millions, committing genocides, stealing from others, but yes, you are right. 

Except you missed the crucial part about being open and honest.

Edited by hot enough

1 minute ago, Peter F said:

(in reply to Argus above)

I get that. You've said it a hundred times. And, for the hundredth time, I think its perfectly fine in freedom loving Canada to be stupid and always has been

And apparently you want to encourage more of it. Because, I guess, like Hot enough, you hate this country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

By killing tens of millions, committing genocides, stealing from others, but yes, you are right. 

Your poor understanding of the English language clearly leads you into gross misunderstandings of the terms you attempt to use in discussions.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, dialamah said:

If criminals wearing niqabs became a common feature of crimes, that might be a reason to disallow them.  But as that has not happened with balaclavas

Not entirely true.  You cannot wear a balaclava into a bank.  You cannot wear a balaclava while taking the citizenship oath.

That being said, if there are more attacks like the woman in Toronto, I can see them instituting a burka ban.  There's no way of knowing WHO is under there and no way of knowing if they are concealing weapons.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

Your poor understanding of the English language clearly leads you into gross misunderstandings of the terms you attempt to use in discussions.

Just a couple of minutes of discussion on the English language would put the lie to your misunderstandings about both history and the English language. 

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Not entirely true.  You cannot wear a balaclava into a bank.  You cannot wear a balaclava while taking the citizenship oath.

That being said, if there are more attacks like the woman in Toronto, I can see them instituting a burka ban.  There's no way of knowing WHO is under there and no way of knowing if they are concealing weapons.

"You", seeing something, is not a good indicator of how society will move.

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

And you support bringing in more people who believe women should wear them, and zealously attack anyone who argues against that.

I think you are a bit mixed up as to who is doing the "attacking" and who is doing the arguing.

Just now, hot enough said:

But Christian westerners are, millions of Muslims, Iraqis, Afghans, Vietnamese, Nicaraguans, Chileans, Guatemalans, ... . Just to steal their wealth, from the mouths of children.

Somebody missed the Cold War.