Arkansas hurries to execute convicts before drugs expire

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Stop talking liberal foolishness. I am not saying that we should bring back hanging if the death penalty were ever brought back. That is inhumane. Stop trying to make yourself look like you really care as to what happens to a murderer anyway. You just appear to want to look politically correct. 

So, Mr. killer we are going to put you in jail for a little while until we can look at the possibility of rehabilitating you. Forget about that poor young girl you murdered, the public has already forgotten about you and her anyway. We just want to try and get you out as soon as possible back on to the streets once again because we know that you have learned your lesson, and  you will be a good boy from now on, right? Yup, liberals are and do think like that. The public can go to hell because we the liberals don't care about the public anyway. We like our murderers. 

JT does like his refugees though. 

Your second paragraph is complete foolishness, but I have no idea what political affiliation to ascribe it. Certainly sounds right wing extreme but whatever. Did you read the article MH provided you btw. It give you a good insight into the basic misappropriation of taxpayer funds the death penalty amounts to over what I assume must be either a religious affiliation or just some redneck reaction. But look at the numbers provided there and figure out how much money we have saved since 1961, compared to what the US has wasted.

57 minutes ago, Omni said:

Sheeple don't have the knowledge at their disposal to make these types of decisions. Would you like to have a tradesman deciding how healthcare reforms should be dealt with? 

And that's nothing against tradesmen btw.

Then the people should dam well start to get interested and learn as to what the hell their politicians are doing with their lives and their tax dollars. The political apathy, and naivety in this country is deplorable. Once most people vote they forget all about politics until the next election. That needs to change. But good luck on that one though. 

Look if their is a referendum on capital punishment has nothing to do with whether one is a tradesmen or a doctor at all. They must know what they are voting for? They can't be that stupid? 

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Most people at election time vote for someone and they don't know why. They will say that politician said something I like so I will vote for him/her. They are not concerned about anything else that the politician may have on his/her agenda that could be detrimental to that voter. Cooler heads have prevailed alright, and look at the mess Canada is in. But what do you care, eh?  

I care because I am a Canadian, and, apparently unlike you, I know exactly why I put my X where I do. And I don't really see this "mess" you speak of. I have been to a lot of countries that are a hell of a lot messier. You apparently have't been far from home and don't know how good you have it.

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

Your second paragraph is complete foolishness, but I have no idea what political affiliation to ascribe it. Certainly sounds right wing extreme but whatever. Did you read the article MH provided you btw. It give you a good insight into the basic misappropriation of taxpayer funds the death penalty amounts to over what I assume must be either a religious affiliation or just some redneck reaction. But look at the numbers provided there and figure out how much money we have saved since 1961, compared to what the US has wasted.

Yes, I took a look at MH article. So, you and he is trying to tell me that by keeping a man in prison for say forty years for murder at the cost of say approx, 50,000 tax dollars a year to keep him/her alive, and multiply that 50,000 tax dollars by 40, and volia, you have a cost of approx. 2,000,000 tax dollars, maybe more if he/she lives longer, being blown on that person. So, again you are trying to tell me that it is much cheaper to keep them alive rather than execute them in a quick and timely fashion? Who do you think you are talking too? Some five year old here? It is not hard to see that you are of the liberal mindset. I think that you need to think before you speak. It does work you know. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Yes, I took a look at MH article. So, you and he is trying to tell me that by keeping a man in prison for say forty years for murder at the cost of say approx, 50,000 tax dollars a year to keep him/her alive, and multiply that 50,000 tax dollars by 40, and volia, you have a cost of approx. 2,000,000 tax dollars, maybe more if he/she lives longer, being blown on that person. So, again you are trying to tell me that it is much cheaper to keep them alive rather than execute them in a quick and timely fashion? Who do you think you are talking too? Some five year old here? It is not hard to see that you are of the liberal mindset. I think that you need to think before you speak. It does work you know. 

Perhaps the math escapes you. Try to consider the cost of all the lawyering that must be spent throughout the appeals process.

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

Brilliant deduction on your part. 

not a deduction by me it seemed I needed to point out that a tradesman for instance, is not stupid, but may not have the knowledge of how the legal system works, or how inefficient as well as expensive capital punishment has been proven to be. 

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

I care because I am a Canadian, and, apparently unlike you, I know exactly why I put my X where I do. And I don't really see this "mess" you speak of. I have been to a lot of countries that are a hell of a lot messier. You apparently have't been far from home and don't know how good you have it.

I am Canadian, and I give a dam about the real issues that liberals have created. And I know exactly where to put my X also. On the blank spot. 

You obviously don't bother to listen to what the alternative media has to say about the mess Canada is in. Granted Canada is in better shape than some other countries, and that is their problem, not mine. I have been too some countries where I have seen poverty first hand. So, don't go telling me that I have not gone beyond my front steps.

But I don't have to go to far to see poverty right here in Canada. Take a walk in downtown Vancouver at Hastings and Main streets, and there about. There you will see real and true poverty and hopelessness. But all liberals seem to want to talk about is poverty in third world countries. They could careless about poor and destitute Canadians. 

8 minutes ago, Omni said:

Perhaps the math escapes you. Try to consider the cost of all the lawyering that must be spent throughout the appeals process.

The high cost is due to the fact that the lawyers and judges screw around for years allowing appeals after appeals instead of getting on with the show. They get rich while you the tax paying sucker gets it up the you know where. Wake up and smell the coffee again. 

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

not a deduction by me it seemed I needed to point out that a tradesman for instance, is not stupid, but may not have the knowledge of how the legal system works, or how inefficient as well as expensive capital punishment has been proven to be. 

Goodnight. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

I am Canadian, and I give a dam about the real issues that liberals have created. And I know exactly where to put my X also. On the blank spot. 

You obviously don't bother to listen to what the alternative media has to say about the mess Canada is in. Granted Canada is in better shape than some other countries, and that is their problem, not mine. I have been too some countries where I have seen poverty first hand. So, don't go telling me that I have not gone beyond my front steps.

But I don't have to go to far to see poverty right here in Canada. Take a walk in downtown Vancouver at Hastings and Main streets, and there about. There you will see real and true poverty and hopelessness. But all liberals seem to want to talk about is poverty in third world countries. They could careless about poor and destitute Canadians. 

Conservatives would prefer to abandon the poor and destitute. Let me guess, are you a Breitbart fan?

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

The high cost is due to the fact that the lawyers and judges screw around for years allowing appeals after appeals instead of getting on with the show. They get rich while you the tax paying sucker gets it up the you know where. Wake up and smell the coffee again. 

Um, apparently you forget I'm a Canadian so I don't' have to pay all those taxes covering costs death penalty appeals. I though we already covered that, speak of waking up and smelling the coffee!

6 hours ago, taxme said:

Ok, so you accept that the cost of execution is higher due to these factors it seems.

I admit that I haven't read every post in the thread, but as far as Arkansas (or any other state) executing people goes....I couldn't give a FK.  I know that DNA has found some people on death row to actually be innocent, but using DNA going forward, we can now be more sure than ever of someone's guilt.  I say ramp up the executions.

• Like 1

Good thing there are enough people, laws, and countries around the world who also say delay and stop executing people.

It's the intransigence of right-wingers that is responsible for the millions and billions that are wasted fighting a lost cause and wistfully clinging to a side of history whose time has passed.  So typical. 

On 4/29/2017 at 1:25 AM, Omni said:

Conservatives would prefer to abandon the poor and destitute. Let me guess, are you a Breitbart fan?

Liberals are no better than the conservatives when it comes to the poor and destitute. The poor are still around even when the NDP is in power in many provinces. ILet me guess, you enjoy listening too liberals and special interest groups propaganda, eh? 

Liberals are no better than the conservatives when it comes to the poor and destitute. The poor are still around even when the NDP is in power in many provinces. ILet me guess, you enjoy listening too liberals and special interest groups propaganda, eh? 

This thread is about the death penalty in the US, not propaganda.

On 4/29/2017 at 1:25 AM, Omni said:

No matter what party is in power, poverty still hangs around. Politicians don't really give a dam about host Canadians anyway. Like I said many times already new immigrants and refugees is all they are concerned about, and their interests and concerns. Something you should have noticed happening for decades now, but prefer to ignore the truth. 

Let me guess? You prefer to listen to what the liberals, and special interest groups, and their lies and propaganda have to say, eh?  

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

Good thing there are enough people, laws, and countries around the world who also say delay and stop executing people.

It's the intransigence of right-wingers that is responsible for the millions and billions that are wasted fighting a lost cause and wistfully clinging to a side of history whose time has passed.  So typical. 

That is your opinion not the many others who believe that the death penalty works for them. Liberalism has really got a hold of most peoples brains. They keep saying that it is cheaper and more humane to keep murderers alive in prison for forty of fifty years. Would you want to be locked up in a cell for all those years until you die? At least with right-wingers the use common sense and logic as the rule of the day. Liberals run on emotion and foolishness. So typical. 

Those that try to tell me that the death penalty is wrong is to me trying to spread propaganda. 

Then it sounds like you simply try to say that people who differ with you are propagandists. However the info you have been provided is verifiable as to how inefficient the practice of state sanctioned murder is with regard to costs, effectiveness. You are a hell of a lot more likely to be murdered in the US than you are in Canada, and we haven't used the death penalty since 1961 I believe. 

On 4/29/2017 at 10:24 AM, Hal 9000 said:

I admit that I haven't read every post in the thread, but as far as Arkansas (or any other state) executing people goes....I couldn't give a FK.  I know that DNA has found some people on death row to actually be innocent, but using DNA going forward, we can now be more sure than ever of someone's guilt.  I say ramp up the executions.

Right on.  :D

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Then it sounds like you simply try to say that people who differ with you are propagandists. However the info you have been provided is verifiable as to how inefficient the practice of state sanctioned murder is with regard to costs, effectiveness. You are a hell of a lot more likely to be murdered in the US than you are in Canada, and we haven't used the death penalty since 1961 I believe. 

How can you believe that it is more expensive to execute someone rather than just keep them in jail? I told you already that it most likely will cost millions of tax dollars before some murderer dies in jail. It cannot cost anywhere near that much to execute someone. Those liberals, judges and lawyers will feed people like you any bull they can to try and convince you that it is cheaper to keep someone in prison for life. Come on get real will you. They are the spreaders of propaganda but you just refuse to believe it. Your problem, not mine.