The Myth - US as a force for good

On 5/16/2017 at 8:16 PM, JamesHackerMP said:

God, another blame-America-first person...it seems that even your fellow Canadians tire of the old cliche, too.  So, out of the most powerful nations on Earth, hotenough, whom would you prefer to be the superpower? (or "hyperpower" as the French put it)

I specifically make the claim against certain groups/people within the US government.  Your tactic of criticism equaling hate for all of them is nothing but idiocy.

• Like 1

US is bad who says?? The drop of atomic bomb on Japan killing hundreds of thousands of civilians, the massacre of millions of Vietnamis in Vietnam war, the support for most corrupt dictators for decades in South and Central America and Middle East, the current support for most despotic backward regime and selling arms and praising them like the Persian Gulf Arab Sheikdoms and Saudi Arabia. With all these how could US be bad???? US is evil. 

23 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

US is bad who says?? The drop of atomic bomb on Japan killing hundreds of thousands of civilians, the massacre of millions of Vietnamis in Vietnam war, the support for most corrupt dictators for decades in South and Central America and Middle East, the current support for most despotic backward regime and selling arms and praising them like the Persian Gulf Arab Sheikdoms and Saudi Arabia. With all these how could US be bad???? US is evil. 

:rolleyes:

On 5/24/2017 at 6:55 PM, JamesHackerMP said:

If you say so.  I never said you hated us, just that you seem to have fallen into the trap that the US is this big monolithic bogeyman with Machiavellian designs on the rest of the human race.

I always make specific claims regarding the US's actions which I have stated here many many times. But when the US claims to be a force for good and you leave a path of destruction in it's wake, you have to wonder what is going on?   Oh we also know now the Philippines is almost under ISIS control, but when is the US ready to put boots to the ground there? 

Pump the population with "American exceptionalism" myths repeatedly, and they will endorse any foreign misadventure for the US military-industrial-complex at their own expense. The US as a "force for good" is part of that American exceptionalism myth. You are only a "force for good"  when you can provide for your own citizens. How many US "conservatives"  had lampooned Canada's healthcare system till they themselves had to forge fraudulent claims of kinship or impending marriage to get the very "free stuff" they once detested? 

Just google up, "US veterans, suicide" or "US veterans, healthcare" and you will come across an unending litany of exceptional and callous disregard for the very self-described "forces of good"

But Google is also American....another force for good ?

The head of its search engine AI and algorithm development is an Indian chap I believe. It's time to Make America Great Again by restricting such internationalization of US workforces. Trump will rise to the occasion. Covfefe!

On 2017-05-24 at 3:55 PM, JamesHackerMP said:

If you say so.  I never said you hated us, just that you seem to have fallen into the trap that the US is this big monolithic bogeyman with Machiavellian designs on the rest of the human race.

Well, your 'leader of your universe' cares not one iota for the human race. Only about fictitious JOBS!!  

40 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Well, your 'leader of your universe' cares not one iota for the human race. Only about fictitious JOBS!!  

Yeah, but not all Americans are terrorists Trump supporters.

1 hour ago, Motti said:

The head of its search engine AI and algorithm development is an Indian chap I believe. It's time to Make America Great Again by restricting such internationalization of US workforces. Trump will rise to the occasion. Covfefe!

And I believe that more Indian chaps and chapettes migrate to the United States for such work than Americans going to India.

On 5/25/2017 at 6:21 AM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

US is bad who says?? The drop of atomic bomb on Japan killing hundreds of thousands of civilians

Actually it saved millions of lives.

, the massacre of millions of Vietnamis in Vietnam war,

Death is the only proper punishment for violent Communists.

the support for most corrupt dictators for decades in South and Central America and Middle East,

What does support even mean? All regimes outside the West are corrupt and despotic. Are we supposed to be the enemies of all of them?

the current support for most despotic backward regime and selling arms and praising them like the Persian Gulf Arab Sheikdoms and Saudi Arabia.

Would it make you feel better if they bought their weapons from the Russians instead?

12 hours ago, Argus said:

What does support (for dictators) even mean? All regimes outside the West are corrupt and despotic. Are we supposed to be the enemies of all of them?

Would someone else please explain to Argus we're just not supposed to be friends with dictators.  Any of them...at all.

Look at it this way...what would I be if I mailed a cheque to ISIS?

Edited by eyeball

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Would someone else please explain to Argus we're just not supposed to be friends with dictators.  Any of them...at all.

Look at it this way...what would I be if I mailed a cheque to ISIS?

Not sure how one would do that. It seems he reckons as long as one buys their weapons from the right dictators all is well.

On 6/4/2017 at 11:07 AM, Argus said:

Actually it saved millions of lives.

Even if true Saving lives by taking lives is just arithmatic I am not sure is proper when it comes to human lives.

Death is the only proper punishment for violent Communists.

What violent Communists?. It was their country and the US staged a rigged election and imposed a corrupt pro-US regime and then once the people rose up then send its troops to kill the people and its air planes to massively bomb innocent defenseless people of Vietnam.

What does support even mean? All regimes outside the West are corrupt and despotic. Are we supposed to be the enemies of all of them?

Support means selling arms to mass murderers so that they have arms to kill defenseless people of their own in order to stay in power and preserve the interests of teh US

Would it make you feel better if they bought their weapons from the Russians instead?

The Russians are a lot worse than the US. The topic is on the US. The Russian regimes one after another are responsible for mass killings all over the world. More recently they have bombed and killed many thousands in Syria as just one example out of many. Putin is a murderous bastard who is supporting another fierce mass murderer bastard Bashir Assad who is killing hundreds of thousands of defenseless innocent people. Down with Russia and Death to Bashir Assad.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 2017-06-04 at 10:45 PM, eyeball said:

You think if I said 'I was just kidding' when the cops arrest me for sending ISIS a cheque, they'd let me go?

Depends...  How many cheques do you have?