Ex-Doctor with a bunch of felonies refuses to get off plane and gets what he deserves

H10

Oh.  Fox news and I can't remember which talk radio show.  And since you haven't answered either of my questions, I expect that you never heard about the actual chain of events besides, "innocent doctor gets dragged off plane by UNITED AIRLINES AGAIN!!! ( The press has been on a witch hunt this year regarding airlines)

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Oh.  Fox news and I can't remember which talk radio show.  And since you haven't answered either of my questions, I expect that you never heard about the actual chain of events besides, "innocent doctor gets dragged off plane by UNITED AIRLINES AGAIN!!! ( The press has been on a witch hunt this year regarding airlines)

I' like to hear where you came across this pre preemptive $800 buyout you keep talking about.

16 hours ago, sharkman said:

I think the guy should have given up his seat when he was asked to do so, but I expect you heard about the $800 offer from some Breaking News facebook alert and got mad at the media for not reporting what you hear on facebook.

The only Foxnews angle I could find was them criticizing the security but saying that wasn't United's fault. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/04/11/united-airlines-is-innocent.html

And the issue of whether he has sold drugs in the past is a weak and pathetic attempt at character assassination. What does his past have to do with this situation? I don't care if he's a baby killer. That has nothing to do with how airline passengers are treated. Alternate facts and smears are really, really bad arguments, but unfortunately I still have to be on your side in that I think the guy was acting like jerk.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/united-airlines-ceo-apologizes-dragging-kentucky-doctor-flight-n745161

From the article:

Once taken off the plane, Dao managed to board again, passenger Tyler Bridges told NBC News: "He runs back on — dazed, bloodied, kind of in a mess — yelling, 'I have to get home, I have to get home.'"

Another passenger, Joya Cummings, said that she and her son were sitting in the row directly behind Dao, and that originally, the doctor and his wife volunteered to take an $800 voucher for willingly giving up their seats.

19 hours ago, sharkman said:

No, it sounds like you are.

I heard update after update on this story in the news in the week after it happened.  Every report I heard portrayed him as an innocent customer who was a doctor that needed to heal his patients across the country.  No one said he'd agreed to being bumped, and then came on and was forced off, only to sneak on again.  I heard those actual facts from alternative news sources.  The Main Stream News sources all gave the same deeply flawed account.

Chrissy1979, it appears that you are not aware of the media's portrayal of the doctor.  My point is not that the true facts are not out there, but that they are being ignored by the media as it sticks to its flawed version.  Believe whatever makes you happy.

29 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Chrissy1979, it appears that you are not aware of the media's portrayal of the doctor.  My point is not that the true facts are not out there, but that they are being ignored by the media as it sticks to its flawed version.  Believe whatever makes you happy.

Show us these "true facts" you seem to have access to no one else does.

51 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I'm aware of the media's portrayal of the doctor. There were numerous reports that he once sold drugs he shouldn't have, or something. You commented on this information when you said you had special access to this information that wasn't in the media (even though it was all over it). My point is, what the hell difference does that make? Can you make an argument based on the facts without researching the guy's history to find out if there is a way you can portray him as a bad guy? I believe whatever makes me happy, which includes that the guy was a jerk to refuse to get off the plane. You should stick to that basic premise and not blame everything on the MSM and the gossip you read there.