Merry Christmas.

taxme

17 hours ago, cybercoma said:

Show me where.

Can't help you there. How can I show you something said years ago? It was retailers who told their employees that they are not to wish a Merry Christmas to anyone years ago. I am pretty sure that their was no memo put out too employees as this may come back to haunt them one day. I remember the last couple of years where store employees would only say Happy Holidays to me instead of Merry Christmas. I always replied back saying Merry Christmas.  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, The_Squid said:

Your rant is idiotic and easily refutable.

“From our family to yours, Sophie and I wish you all a most joyous holiday season and a merry Christmas.”   - Justin Trudeau, PM of Canada.

Where did you see or read that because that would be a first time in decades for me to hear a politician say Merry Christmas? Maybe times are finally changing.   

10 hours ago, taxme said:

Can't help you there. How can I show you something said years ago? It was retailers who told their employees that they are not to wish a Merry Christmas to anyone years ago. I am pretty sure that their was no memo put out too employees as this may come back to haunt them one day. I remember the last couple of years where store employees would only say Happy Holidays to me instead of Merry Christmas. I always replied back saying Merry Christmas.  

You can't help me because it never happened. It's some ridiculous bullshit you made up in your head. More importantly, retailers can tell their employees how to interact with the public all they want. Their employees are the face of the company. If those companies want to be inclusive by having their employees say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas," that's the prerogative of those companies. It still doesn't show anyone giving people grief for saying "Merry Christmas." That has never happened. It's people who hear "Happy Holidays" who get triggered because people aren't catering to their particular religious observances.

10 hours ago, taxme said:

Where did you see or read that because that would be a first time in decades for me to hear a politician say Merry Christmas? Maybe times are finally changing.   

I don't know if Squid's source is legit.  He didn't provide a link.    I found Trudeau's greetings from sent-out cards, and he used "Season's Greetings,"

http://globalnews.ca/news/2409531/justin-trudeau-sends-out-holiday-card-is-he-the-only-one-doing-it/

PS:  Yes, he did say joyous holiday season and Merry Christmas in a message to Syrian refugees.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-christmas-message-1.3378111

Edited by betsy

12 hours ago, taxme said:

First time in decades, eh?   

Your posts are either bad lies that constantly gets caught out, or your posts lacks any intelligence whatsoever.

From Laureen, Ben, Rachel and me, to your family: Merry Christmas,...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/prime-minister-stephen-harper-offers-christmas-greetings-1.983836

Edited by The_Squid

On 12/8/2016 at 7:32 PM, taxme said:

I bet you that the big explosion that we see behind the Donald is Hillary blowing up. And by the looks on the Donald's face, he is probably showing us how much he really cares. :lol:

I'm afraid an old lady just can't carry so much energy:P

How about this story:

(Next year's Christmas Eve in the White House, Donald was telling his feeling of being American President to his grandchildren.)

President Trump: ...before I got the presidential job, when I put my hands on those ladies's butts, or went into woman's changing room making those naked girls screaming, I felt, as a billionaire, I was the most powerful man in the world. But after I became the president of the states,  I have leaned that how much power a man can hold and by comparing with this,  the power of making a couple of women screaming is just a piece of cake. Just imagine, billions of people would scream simultaneously if you put your hand on this red button of this nuke launch box....

The Kid: Like this....?

President Trump(yells): No.....

Secretary of Defence:  Every American nuclear warhead is in air, so dose Russian, Chinese, England, France, Indian, Israeli, North Korean.....What have you done? What are we going to do?

President Trump:  Perhaps there are some presidential nuke bunkers nearby?:D

Chief of Joint Staff: Billions of people are going to die today because of you. We won't bother to go to a bunker....

The Kid: Maybe you should call the leaders of other great powers to disable the nukes together, like what the imposter president did in movie G.I.Joe: Retaliation:lol:

Without alternative options, all leaders of other nations have to agree to destroy their own nuclear arsenal to save the human race.

Thereupon, President Trump helped earthlings  to get rid of the nukes in his first year as President and got a Nobel Prize for his contribution to build a nuke-free world. Some hardcore fans even begin to merry the birthday of President Trump instead of Jesus....:)

Am I offensive to most of you by making such story above? If it is not, I think you can suppose most of others who are not in church will not be offended by saying Merry Christmas to them.

Video: President Trump's way to build a nuke-free world

Edited by xul

On 12/10/2016 at 10:41 AM, The_Squid said:

First time in decades, eh?   

Your posts are either bad lies that constantly gets caught out, or your posts lacks any intelligence whatsoever.

It is not lies. It has been like that for decades. It is about time that politicians started to say Merry Christmas. Long overdue. 

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

It is not lies. It has been like that for decades. It is about time that politicians started to say Merry Christmas. Long overdue. 

If it's not lies, then it's stupidity.  I showed you the last two PMs have said Merry Christmas.

9 hours ago, xul said:

I'm afraid an old lady just can't carry so much energy:P

How about this story:

(Next year's Christmas Eve in the White House, Donald was telling his feeling of being American President to his grandchildren.)

President Trump: ...before I got the presidential job, when I put my hands on those ladies's butts, or went into woman's changing room making those naked girls screaming, I felt, as a billionaire, I was the most powerful man in the world. But after I became the president of the states,  I have leaned that how much power a man can hold and by comparing with this,  the power of making a couple of women screaming is just a piece of cake. Just imagine, billions of people would scream simultaneously if you put your hand on this red button of this nuke launch box....

The Kid: Like this....?

President Trump(yells): No.....

Secretary of Defence:  Every American nuclear warhead is in air, so dose Russian, Chinese, England, France, Indian, Israeli, North Korean.....What have you done? What are we going to do?

President Trump:  Perhaps there are some presidential nuke bunkers nearby?:D

Chief of Joint Staff: Billions of people are going to die today because of you. We won't bother to go to a bunker....

The Kid: Maybe you should call the leaders of other great powers to disable the nukes together, like what the imposter president did in movie G.I.Joe: Retaliation:lol:

Without alternative options, all leaders of other nations have to agree to destroy their own nuclear arsenal to save the human race.

Thereupon, President Trump helped earthlings  to get rid of the nukes in his first year as President and got a Nobel Prize for his contribution to build a nuke-free world. Some hardcore fans even begin to merry the birthday of President Trump instead of Jesus....:)

Am I offensive to most of you by making such story above? If it is not, I think you can suppose most of others who are not in church will not be offended by saying Merry Christmas to them.

Video: President Trump's way to build a nuke-free world

What about the fallout?

15 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

If it's not lies, then it's stupidity.  I showed you the last two PMs have said Merry Christmas.

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

What about the fallout?

And I said that it is about time. But at one time it was a policy of the government not to say Merry Christmas long ago. The politicians are not going to make it official and say or put to pen and have it recorded in Hansard. Has there been that many politicians in the last few decades that have ever said Merry Christmas. Very few have. What is stupid is to believe that this was not the case.  

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

And I said that it is about time. But at one time it was a policy of the government not to say Merry Christmas long ago. The politicians are not going to make it official and say or put to pen and have it recorded in Hansard. Has there been that many politicians in the last few decades that have ever said Merry Christmas. Very few have. What is stupid is to believe that this was not the case.  

I was talking about the fallout from all those bombs...

• 2 weeks later...