Mike Pence's response:  "It’s just an incredible production and incredibly talented people. It was a real joy to be there. When we arrived, we heard a few boos, and we heard some cheers, and I nudged my kids and reminded them: That’s what freedom sounds like. But at the end, I did hear what was said from the stage, and I can tell you, I wasn’t offended by what was said. I’ll leave to others whether that was the appropriate venue to say it. But, I do want to say that the basic element is the center of that message is one that I want to address, and that is I know this is a very disappointing time for people that did not see their candidate win in this national election… And, I just want to reassure people that what President-Elect Donald Trump said on election night, he absolutely meant from the bottom of his heart. He is preparing to be the President of all of the people of the United States of America, and to watch him bringing together people of diverse views, bringing together people that differed with him strongly, seeing him talk to leaders around the world, I just want to reassure every American that in the days ahead, I am very confident that they are going to see President-Elect Donald Trump be a President for all of the people, and we embrace that principle, and we are going to work hard to make that principle every day that we serve."

Donald Trump's response: "Trump ANGRY! Trump SMASH! APOLOGIZE!!!"

-k

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Although, as some talking head pointed out - Trump's tweet is discussed, while the $25 million settlement made on the Trump University fraud case is barely noticed.   

I don't understand this line of thought. 

Everybody knows Trump settled.

They either believe he did because he is now POTUS- elect and had little choice or because he is guilty as only the con man that he is can be. 

What else is there to discuss about it? 

Just now, msj said:

I don't understand this line of thought. 

Everybody knows Trump settled.

They either believe he did because he is now POTUS- elect and had little choice or because he is guilty as only the con man that he is can be. 

What else is there to discuss about it? 

The point is that his stupid tweet got a lot more coverage than did this settlement.   It seems to me that ignoring the outcome of a legal action against the president-elect in favor of focusing on a petty tweet is part of what's wrong with the public and the media.   

38 minutes ago, dialamah said:

The point is that his stupid tweet got a lot more coverage than did this settlement.   It seems to me that ignoring the outcome of a legal action against the president-elect in favor of focusing on a petty tweet is part of what's wrong with the public and the media.   

Proof? 

I have not done an analysis of how many inches of space this got in the paper editions of the NYT and WP as who actually gets real paper newspapers anymore, but it seems to me that more people are talking about one issue over the other and for the simple reason that the fraud settlement is not worthy of being discussed. 

It is a binary without nuance: either you support Trump on it or you don't. 

I doubt it has changed anyone's mind one way or the other. 

The tweets for safe/special spaces, however, have all kinds of story lines: comedic, hypocritical, serious, etc.... 

Much more interesting hence more people discussing it (in social media in particular).  

44 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Yes, nothing wrong with the President elect writing petty tweets.

24 minutes ago, msj said:

Proof? 

I have not done an analysis of how many inches of space this got in the paper editions of the NYT and WP as who actually gets real paper newspapers anymore, but it seems to me that more people are talking about one issue over the other and for the simple reason that the fraud settlement is not worthy of being discussed. 

It is a binary without nuance: either you support Trump on it or you don't. 

I doubt it has changed anyone's mind one way or the other. 

The tweets for safe/special spaces, however, have all kinds of story lines: comedic, hypocritical, serious, etc.... 

Much more interesting hence more people discussing it (in social media in particular).  

You're right; not worth discussing any more.