President of United States - Donald Trump

46 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Watching the 60 minutes interview now, and just like in the debates Donald Trump proves he has zero stamina. For the first 10 minutes or so he was a bit Presidential, but then he started to slide into his old self. 

That's OK...Justin Trudeau did exactly the same thing on the exact same American television program.  We want the real Trump.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

60 Minutes wanted the real Trudeau.

Trudeau wanted the real 60 minutes....Americans don't watch Canadian television...hell, most Canadians don't watch it either (CBC).  Trump knows the power of media and how to exploit it.  He just won an election don'tcha know.

So now it looks like Trump doesn't want to live in the White House, which would be a huge step down from his palace atop 5th Avenue. The Secret Service won't be pleased. Wonder when the first lawsuit gets launched by the people who paid millions to live in Trump Tower and now have to be frisked every time they want to go into the building.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/world/homesick+trump+live+white+house+which+secret+service+says+would/12386315/story.html

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

So now it looks like Trump doesn't want to live in the White House, which would be a huge step down from his palace atop 5th Avenue. The Secret Service won't be pleased. Wonder when the first lawsuit gets launched by the people who paid millions to live in Trump Tower and now have to be frisked every time they want to go into the building.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/world/homesick+trump+live+white+house+which+secret+service+says+would/12386315/story.html

Trump's ego wanted to know if he can be the president of the world's most powerful nation but I don't think he actually wanted the job. The thrill of the competition was more exciting than the prize. I've never in my life seen such a somber victory speech than his. He had  'oh f-ck I won' written all over him. 

Reminds of of a job that I knew I didnt want years ago but for some reason I went through 5 stages of interview and skill testing questions anyway. I got it and turned it down but I knew all along that I was just being competitive. 

Edited by BC_chick

39 minutes ago, Argus said:

It's not just the people living there, but the public in general. There were special tax exceptions given to that location in exchange for the lobby being declared a public space. More tax dollars Donald Trump has stolen.

On 11/14/2016 at 1:31 PM, Argus said:

I wonder what kind of email server he'll have at home.

On 11/14/2016 at 9:45 AM, BC_chick said:

Trump's ego wanted to know if he can be the president of the world's most powerful nation but I don't think he actually wanted the job. The thrill of the competition was more exciting than the prize. I've never in my life seen such a somber victory speech than his. He had  'oh f-ck I won' written all over him. 

Reminds of of a job that I knew I didnt want years ago but for some reason I went through 5 stages of interview and skill testing questions anyway. I got it and turned it down but I knew all along that I was just being competitive. 

With the amount of time he put into campaigning, I would disagree. I think he was one of few who actually thought he was going to win.

13 hours ago, marcus said:

With the amount of time he put into campaigning, I would disagree. I think he was one of few who actually thought he was going to win.

Maybe, I'm going by what I saw in the victory speech.  I've watched many, that's one of my favourite parts of election nights.  

Even stiff-as-a-board Steven Harper used to light up giving his victory speeches.  Trudeau looked like he'd popped some ecstasy pills (maybe he had?).  The Obamas were all smiles, and the list goes on.  

Never have I seen that kind of low-energy, borderline fear, in a winning party.  

27 minutes ago, BC_chick said:

Maybe, I'm going by what I saw in the victory speech.  I've watched many, that's one of my favourite parts of election nights.  

Even stiff-as-a-board Steven Harper used to light up giving his victory speeches.  Trudeau looked like he'd popped some ecstasy pills (maybe he had?).  The Obamas were all smiles, and the list goes on.  

Never have I seen that kind of low-energy, borderline fear, in a winning party.  

I think he's just awkward when it comes to showing emotion. I found him to be slightly nervous and as usual, unprepared. He had winged it thus far. So why change it?

I hope he surprises people and creates policies out of love for the country and not selfishness. There is a small part of me that thinks that it might happen.

1 minute ago, marcus said:

I hope he surprises people and creates policies out of love for the country and not selfishness. There is a small part of me that thinks that it might happen.

I admire your optimism.  Given his choice in cabinet and Higbie's reference to Japanese internment as the precedent for Muslim registry, I remain highly dubious.

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I guess that could be true if one always relies on U.S. politics for light and sunshine.  

Trump must be doing something right if all these folks are frothing at the mouth.

I hear the Doomsday Clock was dialed-back from 3 minutes...not too shabby even before assuming office.

11 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Hear from where? Alex Jones? Sorry, but Infowars is a far right-wing propaganda site, nothing to do with the actual doomsday clock. 

The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists...and, unfortunately, it remains at 3 minutes despite initial claims this morning that Putin and Trump's good relationship moved it back. Concern that Trump will trash the so-called Iran nuclear deal keeps the hand in place.

Oh well, perhaps you prefer 2 minutes to midnight? Great song...

48 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I guess that could be true if one always relies on U.S. politics for light and sunshine.  

The comment about optimism was towards America going in a positive direction. Not optimism in my life. Besides it being a side-show, American politics and Americans are insignificant. 

17 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

The comment about optimism was towards America going in a positive direction. Not optimism in my life. Besides it being a side-show, American politics and Americans are insignificant. 

America will always go in an American direction....whether it is perceived as positive or not by non-Americans is insignificant.  The U.S. does not have a "please love us" gene like the nation north of the border.