Trudeau selling access for cash

Argus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/17/2016 at 5:10 PM, Canadianjim said:

Me ? nope.. facts are stubborn..yawn

You dont really know what you're talking about do you?  Must be tough.  Anyway, your PM has admitted to being lobbied at party fundraisers, something he previously said didnt happen, so he's a liar, not that you would care about such things.

7 hours ago, poochy said:

You dont really know what you're talking about do you?  Must be tough.  Anyway, your PM has admitted to being lobbied at party fundraisers, something he previously said didnt happen, so he's a liar, not that you would care about such things.

YOU  say "My PM " in what context is that? From a Canadian or an American?

The tangled, confused, interlocking relationships of the Chinese people just approved to open a bank in Canada... Including the one who gave Trudeau's charity a million bucks and is building a statue of his dad.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/money-and-lawsuits-the-early-backers-of-a-canadian-bank/article33359955/

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The tangled, confused, interlocking relationships of the Chinese people just approved to open a bank in Canada... Including the one who gave Trudeau's charity a million bucks and is building a statue of his dad.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/money-and-lawsuits-the-early-backers-of-a-canadian-bank/article33359955/

Oh that's not a bribe its fundraising. Pish posh.

14 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

.. as he avoids the question with a nice deflection...

Context is everything. If  a Canadian asks me if Trudeau is my Pm it begs  the question  did I vote for Him.? If an  American asks it means the leader of my country because I am Canadian. He is the PM of all Canadians. There are many Americas who claim Trump is not their President and they don't don't mean he is not the America president. They despise him.Why do I need to even even explain the obvious.? . Surely nuance is a word you are familiar with? 

11 hours ago, drummindiver said:

.. as he avoids the question with a nice deflection...

It's all these people are capable of, anyway, today the government house leader said that parliament is no place to be discussing liberal fundraisers.  You have to wonder if they, like those that so desperately support them, are really that stupid.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:39 PM, Argus said:

That's crap.  And by the way, I keep hearing that refrain about how the Conservatives did it too. Somehow, despite the fact he was highly unpopular among the national press corps, we didn't hear much about it back then. I wonder why that was? Could it be that if they did it they rarely did it, as opposed to the enthusiastic whoring for money the Liberals are engaged in?

The history of the conservative vs liberal party in terms of campaign funding before the Chretien curbs was that the Tories got their funds through large numbers of small donations, but the Liberals got theirs through a small number of very large donations. Naturally the Conservatives prospered when the rich and corporations were no longer able to buy political parties, and naturally they wanted to hammer the Liberals even more. But this wholesale access for cash scheme is something the Ontario Liberals - the most corrupt political organization in Canada - brought to Ottawa when Trudeau drafted in so many advisers from Toronto. 

Just imagine if this was Harper. The media would be on this like dog on a bone. He would probably have to resign, but in Trudeau's case, It is ok.

On 2016-12-20 at 11:36 AM, PIK said:

Just imagine if this was Harper. The media would be on this like dog on a bone. He would probably have to resign, but in Trudeau's case, It is ok.

Harper had his party bagmen and women in the Senate doing it for him.  Duffy...  Wallin....   etc, etc.

Same thing, except not as honest. 

1 hour ago, The_Squid said:

Harper had his party bagmen and women in the Senate doing it for him.  Duffy...  Wallin....   etc, etc.

Same thing, except not as honest. 

O of course, expect it's completely not the same thing.

Anywho, here's the latest, in addition to not being lobbied at fundraisers to then actually, yes, being lobbied at fundraisers, it seems liberals were also maybe soliciting donations above the limit.  But hey, aren't they nice those liberals?  Look at how much they care about all the things, and look at all those good people who will vote for them again no matter what they do or how unethical or illegal it might have been, just like last time they were in power.  But of course this has nothing to do with our pert little PM, it just couldn't have.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/cash-for-access-organizers-sought-payments-that-exceeded-federal-contribution-limits/article33409043/?click=sf_globe

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this relevant, since it basically describes the claims that politicians' favour can't be bought for a mere $1500, or a statue of his father as nonsense.

Our Prime Minister claims that only cynics would think his ministers could be bought for the price of a $1,500 ticket to intimate Liberal Party fundraising dinners. I suspect that Justin Trudeau isn’t just saying this. He really believes it. After all, in today’s world $1,500 is little more than loose change to our political elite or to members of the corporate elite with whom they regularly schmooze.

Research on the power of gifts to bias the judgment of decision makers tells an interesting story. Strikingly, what the evidence demonstrates is that even small gifts can be highly effective.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/even-small-gifts-can-buy-political-influence/article33459966/

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

Research on the power of gifts to bias the judgment of decision makers tells an interesting story. Strikingly, what the evidence demonstrates is that even small gifts can be highly effective.

Fund raising for a cause (political party, hospital wing, etc.) is very different than a personal gift (lunch, round of golf, vacation, material possession, etc.). They both have value, but they are far from equivalent.

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

Fund raising for a cause (political party, hospital wing, etc.) is very different than a personal gift (lunch, round of golf, vacation, material possession, etc.). They both have value, but they are far from equivalent.

I'd call donating $50,000 to build a statue of your dad pretty personal.

• 2 weeks later...