• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2016-10-13 at 8:11 AM, Topaz said:

I don't think Trump supporters are dumb, they are desperate for change! In my view, both parties have become corrupt and they are tired of the promises made that aren't fulfilled. They are probably tired of war, right or wrong they just want change and a better country.

No, they are dumb as posts.

It has been suggested that Trump is being played by Bannon, specifically with the media rigging elections narrative, to advance Breitbart media. There may be something to this, but I wonder if Trump is actually in on it. The stupid followers referenced in this thread are the same who by Beck and O'Reilly books and consider Breitbart/Fox/Limbaugh/Drudge/Etc to be legitimate sources of news and commentary. This is a gullible and lucrative crowd that will swallow any narrative without the need for evidence and reason. So I wonder if Bannon is just manipulating his candidate to increase the fortunes of his fake news site or if maybe Trump sees himself as a future right-wing media star and wants to cash in on that market.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I am surprised, the folks over at FoxNews are not the bottom of the barrel. If you want to find/avoid the motherlode of Trump supporters go to Alex Jones's infowars.com

Fox News has been the cable news leader by a wide margin for many years.   It is also watched in Canada....Canadians pay to watch Fox News on cable, just like Americans.

C-SPAN uses CBC news for infrequent dead time filler...it is not scheduled carriage.   It's fun to watch that or CPAC to see the comical language translation fumbling earpieces and AMERICAN sign language inset.   Sometimes "dumb" can be funny.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Point ?   "Dumb" must be very popular on both sides of the border.   

Dumb has always been popular. Wasn't there a study done a few years back which showed regular FOX viewers were actually LESS knowledgeable than people who never watched the news at all?

Found it. http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

Edited by Argus

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

C-SPAN uses CBC news for infrequent dead time filler...it is not scheduled carriage.   It's fun to watch that or CPAC to see the comical language translation fumbling earpieces and AMERICAN sign language inset.   Sometimes "dumb" can be funny.

Dead time filler during 9/11, huh?

In case you're unaware, Canada is in the Americas, hence uses American Sign Language. But we also have Langue des signes du Québec (LSQ), Maritime Sign Language (MSL), and British Sign Language (BSL) in use here because even our Deaf communities are more cultured than Americans.

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I can't get CBC News in low or high def from my cable provider. 

Theere is a live streaming service, but it costs $6.95/month. Why are all the competition complaining when CBC charges so much?

Back to the subject that matters. I guess we are all in agreement that Trump supporters are too dumb to know they are dumb, so nobody is taking up the counter argument.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2016 at 10:16 PM, ?Impact said:

...Back to the subject that matters. I guess we are all in agreement that Trump supporters are too dumb to know they are dumb, so nobody is taking up the counter argument.

Trump supporters are so dumb, they just won a presidential election.