Soldiers of Odin - Good idea or trouble brewing?

dialamah

Great idea. Create some singular sites to which closet racists will be drawn so that we can identify and rebuke them. It is like putting out scraps of food which draw cockroaches from the corners - then turn on the light and squash them as a group under your shoe.

There have been a very small minority of Canadians who still bemoan the dissolution of the Klan. Perhaps they still have their pillow cases and will now have a place where they can meet, chant and burn a star and crescent.

If your street isn't one of the ones that need to be patrolled, then you've got nothing to worry about.

None of our streets need to be patrolled by 'soldiers' of racial hatred.

These creeps are white supremacists, nothing more, nothing less.

Whether they are violent or not, their presence is intimidating and frightening.

Edited by jacee

The groups in the OP. It's GroupsintheOPophobia.

Haha, cute.

So there's a group around here called "Surrey Creep Catchers", who lure guys who are trying to hook up with young girls (apparently there are groups all over the place, who knew?) Anyway, they've garnered some media attention and at first blush I was all "Yeah, go guys! Catch those Bastards". I reacted this way even though I don't think it'll stop those pedophiles from operating, but just because I figured they deserved the humiliation.

Then there was a news report about a sting on a guy with mental challenges. And that made me wonder a bit. Then a couple of days ago I went on their website where I reviewed about 4 of their "stings". And now I really wonder - it's not that one of the chat logs didn't clearly demonstrate an older guy looking to score with a very young girl and his excitement about it, but that also a couple were really iffy on that. There was one in particular where the girl announced herself as 14, and from what I could see of the rest of the chat, I don't think the guy even saw that. So was he guilty, or was he humiliated for something he didn't do?

Anyway, it might be 'ophobia' to question these Soldiers of Odin guys on their stated purpose, but on the other hand, is there really any need for any group, other than the police, to patrol our streets (or our internet) to identify and 'punish' wrongdoers?

None of our streets need to be patrolled by 'soldiers' of racial hatred.

These creeps are white supremacists, nothing more, nothing less.

Whether they are violent or not, their presence is intimidating and frightening.

There's seems to be more hatred coming from you than I see coming from them.

I think the fear of them is fairly irrational.

Exactly.

Their stated purpose of racial trolling is disgusting to all but other white supremacists, who instead deflect and attack.

It is kind of odd. Fear of a religion that kills thousands of people every year is a phobia, but fear of a group of people who just like to dress up and holler is de rigueur.

Just ignore them.

BS.

This is the result of conservatism gone amuck and revealing its racist underbelly.

Racism isn't limited to conservatives!

Racists run high among so-called progressive and liberals - exhibited by their patronizing ways!

That's "politically-correct racism."

Why are some white liberals so patronizing, in denial, authoritative, and sensitive when it comes to talking about race with black people?

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-some-white-liberals-so-patronizing-in-denial-authoritative-and-sensitive-when-it-comes-to-talking-about-race-with-black-people

Anyway, what's wrong about men wanting to protect their vulnerable from criminals?

What makes you so sure they're white supremacists?

Edited by betsy

Racism isn't limited to conservatives!

Racists run high among so-called progressive and liberals - exhibited by their patronizing ways!

That's "politically-correct racism."

Try not getting your information about what is and isn't racism from white people on the alt-right blogs on the internet. You might actually want to find out about racism from the people who experience it.