Progressives and Islam

Argus

Most muslims in Canada do not hate jews. Nor do they treat non-muslim women as whores. You're pulling a whole lot of crap out of the middle-east and slapping it on people who do not deserve it in the name of your Group bullshit.

And you know this because.... ?

Every woman I know who has had experiences with Muslim men says that while Muslim men are delighted to have sex with them, anything permanent is out of the question unless they're willing to convert to Islam. They also say they're crude, in your face, and demanding in bars, insisting on sex and getting angry when they're denied. It's been a while since I've actually worked with and spoken with many Muslims but when I did I never met one who didn't dislike Jews and who didn't believe all manner of stories about how Jews control the media, and Jews control the government and Jews are responsible for all manner of evil things. And of course, we know from polls that Muslims in third world countries feel much more strongly than that. Which is okay, except those are the places we're bringing in immigrants and refugees from.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never met one who didn't dislike Jews and who didn't believe all manner of stories about how Jews control the media, and Jews control the government and Jews are responsible for all manner of evil things.

Sounds like certain conservatives here:

"Progressives are stupid, lazy, dishonest and hypocrites, who control the media and the government, and are responsible for the mess Canada is in".

Every woman I know who has had experiences with Muslim men says that while Muslim men are delighted to have sex with them, anything permanent is out of the question unless they're willing to convert to Islam. They also say they're crude, in your face, and demanding in bars, insisting on sex and getting angry when they're denied.

Yeah, men in bars are the cream of the crop, regardless of race/ideology. /S

And I know you get tired of hearing this, Argus, but assholes like that come in all colors and ideologies.

Every woman I know who has had experiences with Muslim men says that while Muslim men are delighted to have sex with them, anything permanent is out of the question unless they're willing to convert to Islam. They also say they're crude, in your face, and demanding in bars, insisting on sex and getting angry when they're denied. It's been a while since I've actually worked with and spoken with many Muslims but when I did I never met one who didn't dislike Jews and who didn't believe all manner of stories about how Jews control the media, and Jews control the government and Jews are responsible for all manner of evil things. And of course, we know from polls that Muslims in third world countries feel much more strongly than that. Which is okay, except those are the places we're bringing in immigrants and refugees from.

Thats interesting...Muslim men in bars.

Pretty much considering his daft argument.

Lets see now, how does it go? Muslims - specifically Canadian muslims since that is who he is warning us about - Don't meet Canadian values because they hang about in bars chasing women to have sex, but will not marry such women unless that woman meets certain criteria. They also get angry and super jealous! Plus they only treat women as whores.

As opposed to who - Why Canadians - who are well known to not do such things. And also immigrants from Argus's preferred white European countries who do not behave like that at all.

Give me a break.

Lets see now, how does it go? Muslims - specifically Canadian muslims since that is who he is warning us about - Don't meet Canadian values because they hang about in bars chasing women to have sex, but will not marry such women unless that woman meets certain criteria. They also get angry and super jealous! Plus they only treat women as whores.

As opposed to who - Why Canadians - who are well known to not do such things. And also immigrants from Argus's preferred white European countries who do not behave like that at all.

Give me a break.

When you point out these biases, it means you're an inbred subliterate idiot, according to Argus. Edited by cybercoma

Give me a break.

So you think a homophobic insinuation is a strong argument? Go ahead, deny it, anyway, its the same old story, you aren't smart enough to make a good argument, or there isn't one to be made, so you insult, doesn't matter how many of the other dogs come here and howl on your behalf, it's a homophobic insult and the moderators are letting you get away with it.

If you spoke Arabic, try attending a mosque in Canada or a madrassa where many muslims send their children on Saturdays for "education". The imams and teachers regularly tell the people (and the children) not to associate with infidels, and to work to impose Sharia law in Canada. They tell them to be patient and have many children and petition for immigration. They tell them it is forbidden (haram) for women to have sex out of marriage, but fine for young men - in fact they tell them to "practice" on infidel girls but do not marry them.

My wife and I pulled our children out of a Saturday Islam school BECAUSE of these mindsets. The teaching materials are all published in Saudi Arabia and provided free of charge to the schools.

My wife and I pulled our children out of a Saturday Islam school BECAUSE of these mindsets. The teaching materials are all published in Saudi Arabia and provided free of charge to the schools.

Sounds like a reasonable thing to do. Obviously Muslims are not all of a similar bent after all.

Sounds like certain conservatives here:

"Progressives are stupid, lazy, dishonest and hypocrites, who control the media and the government, and are responsible for the mess Canada is in".

They are the opposite of Progressives. Some of the antonyms to Progressive are; backward, low, lower, nonprogressive, primitive, retarded, rude, rudimentary, undeveloped

Antonyms and Synonyms

"Synonyms and Antonyms of progressive

Synonyms - being far along in development <progressive forms of animal life>

Synonyms developed, evolved, forward, high, higher, improved, late, advanced, refined

Related Words precocious; full-blown, full-fledged, full-scale; aged, grown, mature, matured, perfected, ripe, ripened; civilized, educated, enhanced, enlightened; contemporary, current, cutting-edge, latest, leading-edge, mod, modern, new, newest, newfangled, new-fashioned, novel, now, present-day, recent, space-age, supermodern, ultramodern, up-to-date

Near Antonyms green, immature, underdeveloped, undersized (also undersize), underweight, unripe, unripened; savage, uncivilized, uneducated; early, embryonic, germinal, primeval, primordial; antediluvian, antiquated, antique, dated, fusty, hoary, musty, Neanderthal (or Neandertal), obsolete, old, oldfangled, old-fashioned, old-time, out-of-date, outworn, passé, past

Antonyms backward, low, lower, nonprogressive, primitive, retarded, rude, rudimentary, undeveloped."

These look to me like accurate descriptions of the radical recessives on this board.

Yeah, men in bars are the cream of the crop, regardless of race/ideology. /S

And I know you get tired of hearing this, Argus, but assholes like that come in all colors and ideologies.

Of course they do. The women I talk to, though, say there's a remarkable consistency in the way Arabs/Muslims treat them.

The problem with your arguments is stunning ignorance and a need for things to be explained in simplified dichotomies, rather than trying to understand that these issues are more complicated than, "*grunt* Islam Bad! Christianity Good!"

Grunt, Islam bad, Christianity bad! Currently, Islam worse.

The problem with progressives is that they aren't. It's not progressive to wear self imposed blinkers to avoid the appearance of insensitivity and to quell such opinions in others with cries of racism. I'm not sure what it is, but it's not progressive.

Progress would be to stop religious excesses.

Edited by bcsapper

Thats interesting...Muslim men in bars.

You think they don't drink? Ask the Ottawa cops who cause the most trouble in the byward market at nights. It's Lebanese followed by Somalians. Muslim men can and do take a lot of the requirements of Islam as they wish to, especially out of sight of their families.

Lets see now, how does it go? Muslims - specifically Canadian muslims since that is who he is warning us about - Don't meet Canadian values because they hang about in bars chasing women to have sex,

It's so much easier to dismiss an argument after you've substantially mischaracterized it, isn't it?

What exactly is YOUR argument, then? Are you suggesting that the countries, like Pakistan, which supply Canada with its Muslim immigrants have an open, inclusive and tolerant culture and value system? Are you suggesting, well, no, they don't, but the immigrants who come here, who come from there, don't belong to that culture or have the same value system? Are you suggesting that value system doesn't originate with the current interpretations of the Muslim holy books? What is your counter argument? You don't seem to have one other than to mock anyone who questions your favorite religion, Islam.

Edited by Argus

What exactly is YOUR argument, then?

Freedom of Religion, Belief and Thought. Therefor, as one of the progressives that worry you, I believe if they are adhering to the laws of the land then we need not seek means to harass-punish-spy-belittle-cajole-hound those who are keeping the peace. That such peaceful law abiding citizenry can be poor, mysogynist, sex seeking muslims if they so desire. Maybe from Pakistan too.

Edited by Peter F

Freedom of Religion, Belief and Thought. Therefor, as one of the progressives that worry you, I believe if they are adhering to the laws of the land then we need not seek means to harass-punish-spy-belittle-cajole-hound those who are keeping the peace. That such peaceful law abiding citizenry can be poor, mysogynist, sex seeking muslims if they so desire. Maybe from Pakistan too.

So as a progressive you believe the best way forward for Canada is to import as many deeply religious, homophobic, anti-Semitic misogynists as we can and then respect their culture and values and do nothing to persuade them to change them?

Nope. As a progressive I see no need to harass law abiding citizens be they muslim, homophobic, anti-semitic mysogynists or even poor. You don't even need to respect them, Argus. In fact you can wag your finger at them or anyone else for whatever reasons please you. As can they at you.

My wagging of my finger at you is because you wish to restrict immigration from muslim countries for the sole reason you don't like their beliefs. Even if they wanted to get out of such an oppressive culture you would refuse them. Even women seeking freedom a male dominated bullshit system - even then you would say they are from a muslim country therefore we will not take them in.

I think your ideal is bigotry.

My wagging of my finger at you is because you wish to restrict immigration from muslim countries for the sole reason you don't like their beliefs.

You say that like it's astonishing. what I find astonishing is YOU don't like their beliefs either, but because their skin is brown you figure that outweighs those beliefs. And if there are more and more of them, as there are, and their numbers continue to double every ten years so that politicians start to cater to their votes and begin to roll back progressive policies and implement homophobic and discriminatory laws you'll smile and bow and accept that too. As long as it's coming from brown skinned people.

I think your ideal is bigotry.

I think your ideal is delusional self loathing, and a hatred for Canada. I don't understand why you guys don't just move to Iran or Egypt where you'll be happier.

Edited by Argus

You say that like it's astonishing. what I find astonishing is YOU don't like their beliefs either, but because their skin is brown you figure that outweighs those beliefs.

I don't like what you believe, either, but that doesn't mean I think you shouldn't be in Canada. Same with the numbskull next door. Or the group in Bountiful BC, the 'horse and buggy' Mennonites, the Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, White Supremacists, and including patriarchal men and women - whether Islamic, Christian, Jewish, Sikh or Hindu. I don't have to like someone's beliefs in order for them to live in Canada and those beliefs should not bar them from coming here to live.

And if there are more and more of them, as there are, and their numbers continue to double every ten years so that politicians start to cater to their votes and begin to roll back progressive policies and implement homophobic and discriminatory laws you'll smile and bow and accept that too. As long as it's coming from brown skinned people.

You are assuming that every last one of them is going to want to impose their personal beliefs on us, and that's simply not true. MOST Muslims, just like MOST Christians, keep their beliefs and practices private. Nonetheless, just like *some* Christians who want abortion illegal or polygamy legal, some *people* will try to change laws or policies to accommodate their personal beliefs.

I think your ideal is delusional self loathing, and a hatred for Canada.

I'm so glad Canada isn't ruled by people such as yourself. I love the tolerance and inclusiveness that Canada represents and that the majority of Canadians support. I despise the ignorance and close-minded bigotry that is exemplified by your comments here.