Progressives and Islam

Argus

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can they be executed for being gay?

Are you saying that discrimination and unequal rights are acceptable provided that Christians aren't actively killing people for being gay?

Progressives are the enablers of Muslim misogyny, constantly defending them and paternalistically reassuring Muslims that nothing they're doing is wrong and they should rejoice and cherish their 'culture'.

Wrong again. I am consistently saying that any culture which contains misogyny, homophobia, violence and extremism needs to be reformed, not tolerated. You are the one excusing misogyny and homophobia within your own community because worse examples exist.

Edited by Guest

Are you saying that discrimination and unequal rights are acceptable provided that Christians aren't actively killing people for being gay?

I'm saying that it's a trifle odd for you to be complaining about all the illegal parking when people are being shot down left and right.

Wrong again. I am consistently saying that any culture which contains misogyny, homophobia, violence and extremism needs to be reformed, not tolerated.

No, in fact, you are most definitely NOT saying any such thing, except in the abstract, no names mentioned. And whenever anyone tends to point out these problems in the Muslim community you rush forward, falling all over yourself to defend Islam from any and all suggestions that perhaps, just perhaps, they're a trifle on the harsh side in their social beliefs.

You are the one excusing misogyny and homophobia within your own community because worse examples exist.

Who's excusing it? I'm just noting your habit of screaming in horror at the illegal parking and jaywalking while edging sideways to block the view of women being beaten and strangled.

You know, I might not be much of a Christian, but I don't feel the need to spend a lot of time in the religion topic mocking them every time some true believer starts talking about Jesus. You, on the other hand...

As for exterminating homosexuals, I was referring to the law passed in Uganda and supported by US evangelical groups, that allowed for the death penalty for homosexuals. punishable with prison time. Plus, US evangelical groups and even the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute are working to thwart any advancement of gay rights in Africa.

If Christians thought they'd have a chance of getting their way they'd be pushing for the very same thing here.

Leave them to their own devices and all the major religions will race to the fore to demonstrate just how bat-shit crazy they really are. Without secularism the world would be an even darker miserable dystopia than it was when religions had real power over the planet.

A lot of states don't have laws on the books protecting many things. It's still not evidence of it actually happening as you claim it occurs. Surely there must be a landmark case you're thinking of?

But, ultimately, the argument being leveled at me is that Islam is peaceful and does not cause terrorism/antisemitism/homophobia/etc as an ideology. Otherwise we'd be fools to import it. And Progressives aren't fools....correct?

A lot of states don't have laws on the books protecting many things. It's still not evidence of it actually happening as you claim it occurs. Surely there must be a landmark case you're thinking of?

But, ultimately, the argument being leveled at me is that Islam is peaceful and does not cause terrorism/antisemitism/homophobia/etc as an ideology. Otherwise we'd be fools to import it. And Progressives aren't fools....correct?

Swing and a miss - by a country mile.

Can you differentiate between radical ideology and ideology of... oh ffs why the hell am I even bothering.

Yes, I can. I can read the PEW surveys on what Muslims believe, and what mainstream scholars say, such as the one which says no scholars disagree about the requirement for segregation, and understand that while this isn't 'radical' to Islam it sure as hell is to western society. So while you don't have a problem with the medieval social beliefs of MAINSTREAM ISLAM others do.