GOD of the BIBLE, is The CREATOR

betsy

This thread will provide numerous evidence, leaving no doubt that the God of Abraham is the Designer, the Creator.

Of course, we rely upon the Bible (which was given to mankind that we may have some knowledge of Him, and all that He wants us to know and understand).

Being God-inspired, the Bible is practically Authored by God, therefore, this thread also serves as the evidence for the Bible. The Bible will be heavily cited.

What is the Bible?

The Bible is a collection of 66 books written by about 40 authors, in three different languages, on three different continents, over approximately 1,600 years. The Bible claims to be inspired and inerrant. This means that the Bible claims to be from God and that it is without error in everything it addresses.

The Bible contains many different styles of writing such as poetry, narration, fiction, history, law, and prophecy and must be interpreted in context of those styles. It is the source of the Christian religion in that the Bible contains the words of God and how the Christian is to apply the words of God to his life.

The Bible is the account of the work of God in history bringing to fruition His prophetic declarations concerning Jesus.

https://carm.org/what-bible

The Bible was written by fishermen, kings, government officials, priests, farmers, shepherds, and doctors.......and yet, from all this diversity comes an incredible unity, with common themes woven throughout. That unity is due to a single fact: it ultimately has One Author – God Himself.

It tells of paradise lost, and paradise regained.

One of the greatest evidence for the Creator is His intimate knowledge of His creation.The baker who baked the cake would of course know what's in it....nothing different than the Creator of the universe would of course know everything about it.

There are a lot of CUMULATIVE or CORROBORATING evidences that will be given.

The definition of cumulative is something that is increasing or getting bigger with more additions.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We begin with the very first statement in the very first Book of the Bible.

The very first statement of the Old Testament - Genesis 1 - is an introductory statement.

It's an official declaration by the Creator.

Genesis 1

The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

That first statement informs us that:

1. the universe had a beginning

Science Supports that
. . . the Universe had a Beginning
(Discoveries made between the 1920s to 2003)

Section One

In the 1920s, scientists began to obtain data that supports the universe had a beginning or that the universe was created. The supporting evidence for these conclusions comes from web sites at NASA, Harvard, Berkeley and others. This information is simplified into five general subjects on this page as shown a few paragraphs below.

http://www.harvardhouse.com/universe_began.htm

.....but that was declared thousands of years ago (verbally passed by "primitive" ancient men for who knows how long before it got finally written down, on paper), long before the dawn of modern science.

2. it was Created

The NAS had officially stated:

....many scientists, hold that God created the universe and the various processes driving physical and biological evolution and that these processes then resulted in the creation of galaxies, our solar system, and life on Earth.

This belief, which sometimes is termed 'theistic evolution,' is not in disagreement with scientific explanations of evolution.

Indeed, it reflects the remarkable and inspiring character of the physical universe revealed by cosmology, paleontology, molecular biology, and many other scientific disciplines."

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/site/faq.html

3. the Creator is God. God of Abraham. The Biblical God.

Edited by betsy

2. FINE-TUNING

The consistency of the physical law of the universe is evidence that it's all been planned/designed,

and put in place.

Just the fact that we're located in the suburbs of the Milky Way, where it's not crowded thus star collisions are rare, sort of reminds me of the first rule for a successful business. LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION.

The nature of the universe is the best evidence for Design and how it came to be. One of the fundamental properties of the universe, dark energy (or the cosmological constant), was discovered late in the last century....and we still add to our knowledge as new studies continue.

The Big Bang - with its dramatic hyper inflationary expansion (cause of it is unknown), but it's required for life to be possible in the universe. The masses of quarks that has to be fine-tuned in order to achieve a universe that contains any matter at all. Then we have to consider the large-just right size of the universe - exactly the size it must be for life to exist at all.

We have just the right laws of physics, too. Of course.

Although it would be possible that one or two constants might require unusual fine-tuning by sheer accident or chance, it would be virtually impossible that all of them would require such fine-tuning.

There are some physicists who have indicated that any of a number of different physical laws would be compatible with our present universe.

However, it is not just this current state of the universe that must be compatible with the physical laws.

Even more exacting are the initial conditions of the universe in its initial stage, since even minor deviations would have completely disrupted the process.

For example, adding a grain of sand to the weight of the current universe would have no effect. However, adding even this small amount of weight at the beginning of the universe would have resulted in its collapse early in its infancy.

Where did the Big Bang happen?

Everywhere! Every place in space came from the Big Bang. It is space itself that has stretched. The erroneous concept that you can point to a spot in the sky and say that the Big Bang happened at that spot is a result of the incorrect mental picture of debris flung out through space in an explosion-like event.

http://wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/site/faq.html

The Big Bang happened everywhere! And yet everything was set, and everything settled in place, so

finely-tuned!

Have you noticed? All those above that explained about the origin of the universe have numerous evidences that support one another?

Remember the terms, Cumulative or corroborating evidences?

Edited by betsy

Explain the evidences given so far.

This is my question to you: "How do you explain away Stellar Metallicity in regards to your Creation Fable?"

I've asked you several times now but your deity has yet to provide an answer. If he/she/it can't figure out this one...why should I accept he/she/it as the ultimate creator?

3. The CREATOR has intimate knowledge of His Creation: EXPANDING UNIVERSE

Science discovered that the universe is expanding.

The Discovery of the Expanding Universe

In 1929 Edwin Hubble, working at the Carnegie Observatories in Pasadena, California, measured the redshifts of a number of distant galaxies. He also measured their relative distances by measuring the apparent brightness of a class of variable stars called Cepheids in each galaxy. When he plotted redshift against relative distance, he found that the redshift of distant galaxies increased as a linear function of their distance. The only explanation for this observation is that the universe was expanding.

Once scientists understood that the universe was expanding, they immediately realized that it would have been smaller in the past. At some point in the past, the entire universe would have been a single point. This point, later called the big bang, was the beginning of the universe as we understand it today.

http://skyserver.sdss.org/dr1/en/ast...e/universe.asp

The expanding universe is described in the Bible 17 times, by different prophets, from different time-line.

And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature [was] as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
Ezekiel 1:22

[it is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
- Isaiah 40:22

Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
Isaiah 42:5

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
Isaiah 44:24

I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, [even] my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
Isaiah 45:12

Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: [when] I call unto them, they stand up together.
Isaiah 48:13

And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where [is] the fury of the oppressor?
Isaiah 51:13

He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
Jeremiah 10:12

He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.
Jeremiah 51:15

Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.
Job 9:8

He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing.
Job 26:7

He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness [was] under his feet.
Psalms 18:9

Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
Psalms 104:2

Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
Psalms 144:5

Hast thou with him spread out the sky, [which is] strong, [and] as a molten looking glass?
Job 37:18

He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness [was] under his feet.
2 Samuel 22:10

The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
Zechariah 12:1

Running away won't help you. Why can't you answer my question? I promise you it isn't a 'trick question'...so why no answer?

I don't know about that, and have not given stellar metallicity as an evidence.

You've asked it before at my other thread, and I'll say the same thing. Create a separate thread for it. I'll look it up.

If you want to make any rebuttals on this thread, you've got to stay on topic.

Edited by betsy

I don't know about that, and have not given stellar metallicity as an evidence.

Create a separate thread for it. I'll look it up.

If you want to make any rebuttals on this thread, you've got to stay on topic.

No need...I'll do it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFurFEhWWII

4. The CREATOR has intimate knowledge of His Creation: STRETCHING UNIVERSE

Corrections.

Let me begin by saying that "expanding" isn't really the best word to describe what is happening to the universe, although that is the word that is often used - a word choice which I think leads to a lot of unnecessary confusion regarding what is already a difficult topic!

A more accurate word for what the universe is doing might be "stretching".

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/abo...o-intermediate

Astronomers see galaxies moving apart from one another: space in the universe is stretching.

http://wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/site/faq.html

The Bible is accurate when it used the word, "stretch."

The word "stretch," describing the heavens, used 11 times by different prophets, from different timelines.....
........can be taken literally.

And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature [was] as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above. Ezekiel 1:22

[it is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
- Isaiah 40:22

Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
Isaiah 42:5

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD that maketh all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
Isaiah 44:24

I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, [even] my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
Isaiah 45:12

And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where [is] the fury of the oppressor?
Isaiah 51:13

He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
Jeremiah 10:12

He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.
Jeremiah 51:15

He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing.
Job 26:7

Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
Psalms 104:2

The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
Zechariah 12:1

Edited by betsy

I'd hold betsy to this question...any others who are interested.

Stellar Metallicity is one of those subjects that speaks to the early days of our universe as well as its probable creation....to use besty terminology.

I'd hold betsy to this question...any others who are interested.

Stellar Metallicity is one of those subjects that speaks to the early days of our universe as well as its probable creation....to use besty terminology.

Well someone had to put the metals up there. Duh. :rolleyes:

Saying that it's important is an opinion.

Again...chemistry isn't an opinion. We know how atoms function. We know exactly when stars die, etc.

You can always say you don't understand metallicity, but acknowledge it is a reality. That's what intelligent people do when faced with such information.

Or you can do the old fingers in the ears thing and hope I stop asking inconvenient questions...as betsy does.

Here's a hint, though...

When was "In the beginning?"

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

...and so on.

Now, I have to accept the Bible as it is written. So one can't say: this really means that. This leads to problems as I can turn it around and say : that really means this.

So, in the beginning, God created what?

The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star-stuff.

---Dr Carl Sagan

Edited by DogOnPorch

Again...chemistry isn't an opinion. We know how atoms function. We know exactly when stars die, etc.

You can always say you don't understand metallicity, but acknowledge it is a reality. That's what intelligent people do when faced with such information.

Or you can do the old fingers in the ears thing and hope I stop asking inconvenient questions...as betsy does.

I don't understand metallicity (I equally don't care), but I also don't understand your question and how it's relevant. God put the metals there. God created the stars and the universe and everything in it. That's the religious answer. That's what betsy believes and that's why you'll never get an answer that satisfies you because it always comes back to God-in-the-gaps nonsense. He set the universe in motion and all the changes in the stars and in life on earth occurred because he knocked over the first domino.

But here's the thing. Who gives a crap about god in the gaps? I don't care. What I do care about is betsy misinterpreting the science and Christians like her insisting that their stories get told along with established scientific facts in the classroom. Their stories should be told. In social studies courses. Not in science classrooms. I don't give a crap what she or her friends personally believe. I care when they try to waterboard our children with their ignorance.