America under President Trump

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You figure? I think people in America get the most presents at Xmas time, as well. What are the odds of that, eh?

I don't figure, I know. And are your attempts at "humor" always so feeble? You've heard that one about "he who laughs last":lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Owly said:

They will go to cities and towns where they can seek opportunities for the skills they have. And I'm certainly not as cruel as you seem to be.

And those cities and towns would be the sanctuary cities! Duh! Stop hating migrants! Help them to go where they'll be most welcomed!

Just now, Owly said:

I don't figure, I know. And are your attempts at "humor" always so feeble? You've heard that one about "he who laughs last":lol:

It's a fallacy known as counting the hits and forgetting the misses. Also known as Observational Selection and Postdiction

Well DUH most Americans are murdered by other Americans...in other words.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's a fallacy known as counting the hits and forgetting the misses. Also known as Observational Selection and Postdiction

Well DUH most Americans are murdered by other Americans...in other words.

You seem to be catching on. Good for you.

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

Uh who here hates the migrants. Your attempts at deflection are laughable.

I think you're just uncomfortable playing both ends against the middle.

If migrants aren't a bad thing, don't commit crimes, and are good for the economy, then having them show up in your town is a GOOD thing for you! Plus, they'll be better off with people who love them!

The only way this is bad for left wing towns is if, well, a lot of migrants cost a lot of money and bring crime. And we know that's not true!

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

I think you're just uncomfortable playing both ends against the middle.

If migrants aren't a bad thing, don't commit crimes, and are good for the economy, then having them show up in your town is a GOOD thing for you! Plus, they'll be better off with people who love them!

The only way this is bad for left wing towns is if, well, a lot of migrants cost a lot of money and bring crime. And we know that's not true!

My grandparents came to Canada as immigrants, made enough money to fully support six kids, and never committed a crime. Thankfully they didn't have to deal with addle brained xenophobes during their lives here.

11 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Too bad you aren't. How many are you taking-in, yourself? Seven? Eight? Is it okay if they have the measles? How about variola?

Oh I didn't realize you were an anti vaxxer. Not a good idea. Go get your shot. It won't hurt that much, and they may give you a lollipop afterward.

Just now, Owly said:

Oh I didn't realize you were an anti vaxxer. Not a good idea. Go get your shot. It won't hurt that much, and they may give you a lollipop afterward.

I'm not.

But many of your pet immigrants come from regions where vaccines are considered Haram...against the Sharia. Pig products...

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm not.

But many of your pet immigrants come from regions where vaccines are considered Haram...against the Sharia. Pig products...

Most are coming from countries where the vaccine % is as high or higher than the US. Sorry to scuttle you once more.

Edited by Owly

Just now, bcsapper said:

I would.  I'd make it a law that all immigrants have to be vaccinated, just to watch the fun.

You're going to force Muslims to go against their religion? Force needles into their children, too? Let me stack a few sandbags and I'll see how you do.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You're going to force Muslims to go against their religion? Force needles into their children, too? Let me stack a few sandbags and I'll see how you do.

:lol:

No-one should be forced to emigrate.  There is always the road back from whence they came. 

Seriously though, I don't know how many countries have made vaccinations mandatory, if any, but as the world continues to shrink I can see a case for western nations with good vaccination programs making it mandatory for newborns and immigrants alike.  I would support that.

Edit>  Thinking about it, it is probably inevitable that first world nations will go that way at some point.

Edited by bcsapper

Just now, bcsapper said:

No-one should be forced to emigrate.  There is always the road back from whence they came. 

Seriously though, I don't know how many countries have made vaccinations mandatory, if any, but as the world continues to shrink I can see a case for western nations with good vaccination programs making it mandatory for newborns and immigrants alike.  I would support that.

Again...vaccine is made with pig products. Pigs are Haram in Islam. Forbidden. It's not a suggestion.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Again...vaccine is made with pig products. Pigs are Haram in Islam. Forbidden. It's not a suggestion.

A Muslim doesn't have to work in a sausage factory.

Personally, I'm not one who believes in religious accommodation much beyond being allowed to believe what you want.  It certainly wouldn't stretch to being allowed to incubate what you want.

Just now, bcsapper said:

A Muslim doesn't have to work in a sausage factory.

The vaccine CONTAINS pig products. No devout Muslim will be cool with that. There's no joke we can make nor logical argument. Pigs are forbidden in Islam. Simple as that. If the Infidel government is trying to force this upon the Muslim community...there will be trouble. Much like forcing homosexual (et al) rights upon the Islamic community...not acceptable.

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Personally, I'm not one who believes in religious accommodation much beyond being allowed to believe what you want.  It certainly wouldn't stretch to being allowed to incubate what you want.

As we both should know, Islam takes itself very seriously even if we do not. Islam is willing to go to the mattresses to show how serious, as well.

I highly doubt forced inoculations of Muslims will end very well...but as I said...let me stack some MORE sandbags and we can test out this rocket....perhaps she'll fly.

Edited by DogOnPorch

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The vaccine CONTAINS pig products. No devout Muslim will be cool with that. There's no joke we can make nor logical argument. Pigs are forbidden in Islam. Simple as that. If the Infidel government is trying to force this upon the Muslim community...there will be trouble. Much like forcing homosexual (et al) rights upon the Islamic community...not acceptable.

I know.  It's like the old "barbaric cultural practices" notification for immigrants that I was always in favour of.  Just tell any prospective immigrants that they have to accept the vaccines or they don't come in.  It doesn't have to be just Muslims.  Jews, vegetarians, etc, they could all be told.

9 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I know.  It's like the old "barbaric cultural practices" notification for immigrants that I was always in favour of.  Just tell any prospective immigrants that they have to accept the vaccines or they don't come in.  It doesn't have to be just Muslims.  Jews, vegetarians, etc, they could all be told.

If we were taking a few hundred new folks a year as immigrants and refugees, perhaps we'd have the ability to delve as deep as needed into past medical histories, beliefs or whatever and keep an eye on things to make sure folks do leave the animal sacrifices back in the Old Country. But we don't...and we take-in hundreds of thousands a year. And there's a huge industry faking the needed paperwork, anyways.

There's no way to even think of stopping it...too late, as they say. 

Edited by DogOnPorch