America under President Trump

3 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Cant happen, would be a major embarrassment to you type of Americans and your fragile egos. 

Imo Canada should sit back and relax, u.n. sends the u.s. back in to clean up their own mess.  

So the Americans are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

That's why we do what is in America's interest(s)...not yours.

Most of Canada is kicking back, and watching American media like they always do.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's far easier (and safer) to protest outside the U.S. embassy in Ottawa.    

Right. No Tim Horton's on the battlefields of Syria...yet, anyways. A double double there likely means the grenade took off all your limbs.

26 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Many Americans are not members of a political party, myself included.   There are practical and political reasons for organized party organizations that group similar ideologies and popular support, at the local, state, and federal level.   The majority of voters do not even participate in primary elections, and voter turnout for the 2016 general election was about 56%, consistent with historical norms.

Canada has its own set of problems and issues that fall along other fault lines far beyond party loyalty (e.g. language, region, resources, etc.).

Whatever, we have regionalism that we try to offset through transfer payments and national standards.  Resource development is always problematic in eco-radical BC and oppose-anything-federal Quebec.  Sure, though we don’t have the same class, political, and race polarization as in the US. Doesn’t really apply to the discussion.  Who cares about Trump anyway (or JT for that matter)?

I’m saying that democracy isn’t very direct when faced with the compromises required by party membership and voting for a party, not to mention having to do damage control for an unhinged political leader.  We could all still have representatives in legislatures, a Speaker, a public vote for a government leader, and the essential institutional roles, but parties are largely obsolete in this data-driven computer Information Age when information is publicity disseminated widely almost immediately and votes can be organized electronically on short notice.  No need for ballot boxes and chads anymore.  No need for union-mafia-corporation-style political parties.  The revolution of the technocrats is here.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Whatever, we have regionalism that we try to offset through transfer payments and national standards.  Resource development is always problematic in eco-radical BC and oppose-anything federal Quebec.  Sure, though we don’t have the same class, political, and race polarization as in the US. Doesn’t really apply to the discussion.  Who cares about Trump anyway (or JT for that matter)?

You can fool yourself if you wish, but Canada does have such problems (e.g. First Nations).   The Clarity Act and Notwithstanding Clause are open invitations for such fractures to continue as they are normalized.    But the Americans should be doing better ?

I’m saying that democracy isn’t very direct when faced with the compromises required by party membership and voting for a party, not to mention having to do damage control for an unhinged political leader.  We could all still have representatives in legislatures, a Speaker, a public vote for a government leader, and the essential institutional roles, but parties are largely obsolete in this data-driven computer Information Age when information is publicity disseminated widely almost immediately and votes can be organized electronically on short notice.  No need for ballot boxes and chads anymore.  No need for union-mafia-corporation-style political parties.  The revolution of the technocrats is here.  

The U.S. was never designed for direct democracy...it is a constitutional republic.   Conflict and competing interests are a feature, not a bug.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Then why are you so worried about it ?   R-E-L-A-X

I'm not worried at all.  Taking some puffs from my cuban cigar as I type this.  I just find some amusement from you type of trump fans who cant be bothered to even follow his tweets ( like how you said the other day that iraq had WMD's but trump says they didn't)  yeah you must be right, he is wrong.  Or maybe he is lying?  The Democrats have brainwashed trump!  Omfg! 

Lol get a life dude.  

Edited by Cannucklehead

4 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

I'm not worried at all.  Taking some puffs from my cuban cigar as I type this.  I just find some amusement from you type of trump fans who cant be bothered to even follow his tweets ( like how you said the other day that iraq had WMD's but trump says they didn't)  yeah you must be right, he is wrong.  Or maybe he is lying?  The Democrats have brainwashed trump!  Omfg! 

Lol get a life dude.  

Iraq didn't have nukes...duh. But they did have all manner of chemical weapons...including VX which is a WMD...referred to as the poor man's H-Bomb.

5 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Why would I follow Trump tweets ?    Something you do ?

There was a world going on long before Trump...and long after.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Accidentally ?    Russian mercenaries were killed by U.S. forces guarding an oil field in 2018.

Well, you know what I mean. It's a trap to possibly get US and Russian troops to fight each other. Somehow, that'd make the Democrat's and media's day...virtue signal with a Geiger counter clicking merrily away.

1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Wrong.  First iraq war was because of that.  Second was because the u.s. said they still had wmd's but iraq said they didnt have anymore.  

And the result was......

Let's see if you can get the answer on your own  now.

False...Gulf War #2 was about violations of surrender instruments and the expulsion of UN weapons inspectors.

They gave #43 all the reasons he needed to invade Iraq after 9/11.

Hell, Trump has been an angel in comparison.

• Like 1

Just now, Cannucklehead said:

Wrong.  First iraq war was because of that.  Second was because the u.s. said they still had wmd's but iraq said they didnt have anymore.  

And the result was......

Let's see if you can get the answer on your own  now.

As we've discussed many times before, ISIS found the bunkers where the VX & Sarin munitions were stored...in 'degraded form'. Meaning that the precursors had been mixed and left to sit. Degraded VX isn't benign. It's still one of the deadliest chemicals ever created.

• Like 1

Trump has stated in his tweet that they did not have any.  And your taking ISIS's word over his?

Rofl get a clue.  

It's not ISIS's word. Said bunkers were re-captured and what do you know? As we joked at the time, ISIS looked a little harder for the WMDs than the UN inspectors.

From the horses mouth.  

Spare me your TDS.

You're free to think ISIS didn't do what I said. I believe they even threatened to dump the degraded VX & Sarin into some city's water supply. A threat to be taken seriously as that stuff starts killing in microgram doses.

1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

I also find it amusing about bringing our soldiers & military home when he just deployed even more.  

Almost Shakespearean like comedy mixed with tragedy.  

Yet you won't even fight alongside your Kurdish allies.