America under President Trump

When a people rest their hopes on the whims of the Dear Leader, we enter the surreal world of Flip Wilson’s Church of What’s Happenin’ Now because there is no plan or overarching rationale wrought by research and high-level discussion.  The parties are constantly living in reaction mode, one party spinning and justifying the weirdness, the other calling it out and being accused of disloyalty to the Commander-in-Chief.  This is why there have been so many replacements in Trump’s inner circle.  Everyone is trying to anticipate what’s in and what’s out, inevitably stepping on toes at some point.  At least people are only fired instead of murdered.  I suppose Trump is hemmed in by Congress and the staff willing to risk working around him.  It’s all pretty counterproductive.  Perhaps his fearless and erratic behaviour is an asset of sorts in negotiations, except it’s uncertain what the negotiations are about, because Dear Leader sometimes changes the goal in the middle of the game.  Also, I’m not sure whether Trump is more useful to US or Russian interests.  I think he has advanced Russian power in Syria and has looked the other way on Russian disruption in Ukraine, unless of course Ukraine can help him win the election.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Whether you like it or not, America’s power and influence does take the world in a direction.   We should all be concerned about that direction.  China is also having its influence and we should be concerned about China.  Canada and other countries can try to have their say and influence, but the actions of these larger countries is important.  So too bad.  You want to weigh in on JT, damn right we’re going to weigh in on Trump. 

Then start a thread to complain about China if it makes you feel better.    Say a prayer.   Light a candle.   You would still complain about America...Trump or no Trump, regardless of my musings about Justin Trudeau.   To borrow from Sir William, "Tis better to have been a superpower and lost than never at all".

Nativist populism is on the rise worldwide.  Trump has encouraged that.  Are you proud of America’s influence on that shift?

It did not start with America...nice try.   And it is not the first time that America had to break some eggs to bring about change.    But no worries...Canada gets to watch it all on America TV, as always.

4 hours ago, Rue said:

The above is a rationalization and partisan opinion of what you think his role is. If you really believe he is stopping or has stopped "globalist bleeding" what does that mean? What does "globalist bleeding" mean. What is it with you Trump partisans you make up words as you go along to justify his behavior which mean nothing. Globalist bleeding. It sounds like something Joan Rivers used to joke about in her stand up act. Then you make up bullshit that his doctrine is by design and transactional. Yes this is why he does not read any briefings, has no knowledge of history and fires people constantly....this isn't spur of the moment tantrums, its design. The refusal to consult with his military and security advisors over the implications of abandoning Kurds as he did. Oh its by design. Its by design the US now has everyone realizing he has no allies but Russia and North Korea. That's design.

Love me some Joan Rivers.....comedy pioneer....and very American.    She shocked a lot of people too.    May she rest in peace.

American soldiers are not human shields for Kurds...Canada boogied out of there two years ago.   Some ally !

How about your fantasy he has little regard for the left. If as you said he is wrecking the globalist bleeding, how would that show disregard for the left-it would in fact support the left. Do you even give a thought to your concepts? Multi-nationals running the world do not favour the left just the exact opposite. In fact global bleeding is a leftist term first coined by Marxists that you recycle.

If you say so....Trump still has you very, very upset.   So that is a good thing !

Virtue signaling zombies...what are those...the only virtue signaling zombies I know these days are people like you using the pros you do in favour of Trump. Read back your words in the above. Tell me what are his rallies? Are you telling me there are no virtue signally zombies there screaming make America great again just like you cheering him on?

His allies ?   Start with I-S-R-A-E-L

Keep the virtue signaling in Canada where it belongs.  It sells better there.

Then here is your best rationalization " Trump is rude and crude to force the tide back..." What bullshit. Tell me FDR, Truman, Churchill, when they took down Hitler were they "rude"? Was Reagan "rude" ? Since when does being "rude and crude" force the tide back on anything? Did it work for Hitler, Stalin,  Hussein, Ghaddafi?  What world do you live in where being an insulting bully  and engaging in grade 2 name calling on twitter changes the world?

Trump will use his methods, same as the others.   Hell, FDR admired Mussolini, and acted accordingly.    FDR took on the press/media as well...and welcomed British intervention in U.S. elections.    Churchill fought with his own cabinet over peace with Hitler in 1940.  Truman dropped fission bombs on two Japanese cities.   That's pretty rude !

Trump is the perfect bully to use the media tools of his time, and it worked (same American social media tools that Canadians use.).  He will forever be the 45th President of the United States.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

3 hours ago, Rue said:

You words aboive sound no different than the people who write the script for the fat boy in North Korea. Your attempt to create a personality cult and salivate over the virtues of Donald Trump are lovely Mrs. B-C.   I think you should create squads of Trump supporters and have them erect statutes of Donald everywhere in between smashing store windows owned by Latinos who came illegally and burning books written by anyone but Trump. Go for it.

Actually, Trump did better with "Latinos" than Mitt Romney, but no statues required...yet.    Besides, the lefties like to tear statues down.   Washington and Jefferson owned slaves...oh my !

In regards to the second comment you project your feelings on two people. You do not know what they think or want. The thing the three have in common as all politicians do is they have large egos and narcissistic drives that cause them to feel the need to broadcast publically their opinions as something everyone must embrace. The degree of the malignancy in their narcissism is for Americans to decide in the next election if he does not melt down and take the world with him by then.

Neither do you, but whatever it is, it is working for Trump.    The world is very fragile if it is so vulnerable to one Donald Trump.    America already decided in 2016, without a thought to your misgivings and disdain.   Elections have consequences - Barack Obama (2009)

Your depiction of Trump's "interest", "drive and zeal" are subjective, partisan opinions as to his behavior.

No, they are objective observations.    You just don't like them.

Stick with Joe Biden if you want, but remember...he is American too.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's Trump's job...to make you happy in Canada.   How is he doing so far ?

Very poorly, but then again that's just par for the course down there.  I hear he isn't making a lot of americans happy either.  

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

What a surprise.  

Just now, Cannucklehead said:

Very poorly, but then again that's just par for the course down there.  I hear he isn't making a lot of americans happy either. 

That's the idea....make those Americans very unhappy....again.

Flags, guns, and free speech trump virtue signaling.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes it is...really.    It's not Canada...and it's not China either.    Cue "God Bless America".

Even the Google you are using is American.

Where else would I find american news?  Sorry to tell you but youre not the center of the world.  

Edited by Cannucklehead