America under President Trump

On 5/5/2016 at 5:36 AM, betsy said:

His first 100 days will be a flurry of activities to implement most of the policies he'd promised. Here's an excerpt from a lengthy article how he says it would look:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html?_r=0

"I know people aren’t sure right now what a President Trump will be like,” he said. “But things will be fine.

I’m not running for president to make things unstable for the country.”

....and I think he will indeed do things that'll be best for the USA.

Well I mean, when he becomes President, this guy will practically have everything - including the prestige of

being President, right?

If he's an egoist (as they say he is)........of course he'd want to go down in history not just as another US President........

..........but as, the best President the USA had ever had!

He'll most likely work on that. That will be his ultimate goal!

The Federal Reserve will be a big task for anyone to try and take on and audit even for Donald Trump. The globalist elite Zionist banksters pretty much control and run American affairs. Many have tried to get the Fed audited, like Ron Paul, but he never did get anywhere. Even one of those banksters (name escapes me now)said that they are immune from any audit, and pretty much saying that they can do whatever they want to without any interference from the government. How is that for having that kind of  control and power over America? They can print as much money as they want to without question. It is no wonder that these bankster globalist corporations practically own everything, they can create the money out of thin air and afford to buy out whomever they want too. Corporations pretty much are now ruling the world. I wish Trump good luck but I personally doubt that this is one promise that Trump made to the people that he will be able to carry out. They are to powerful for him. Sad indeed. 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, -TSS- said:

One year on after Trump's election-victory and today a couple of governor's elections won by Democrats is interpreted as a vote of no-confidence for Trump. How many governor's elections did the Democrats lose during eight years of Obama?

No one is qualified to be POTUS. The job has become far too big for any one person. I can’t understand why this country doesn’t have both a president for domestic affairs, and a prime minister for foreign ones. Trump is good at the former while he’s in over his head on the latter.

57 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Some Democrats would rather have Ted Kennedy elected to the Senate several times, and he killed Mary Jo.

Sweet Whataboutism. 

Shocked you didn't go the Bill Clinton route. 

Does that mean it's OK if Democrats decide to sell arms to Iran because Ronald Reagan did it? 

Edited by Boges

16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes.   Same as Nixon, Ford, and Carter and Democrat controlled Congresses.

Hell, we even sell arms to Canada.

So Iran Contra was nothing. Cool? Just like electing a pedophile? Why is Anthony Weiner even in jail? If it's cool for Roy Moore, why not him? 

Edited by Boges

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

So Iran Contra was nothing. Cool? Just like electing a pedophile? Why is Anthony Weiner even in jail? If it's cool for Roy Moore, why not him? 

Roy Moore hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet.

Is that how the law works in Canada...guilty by accusation ?

Like your present GG, Ted Kennedy actually KILLED somebody.

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Roy Moore hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet.

Is that how the law works in Canada...guilty by accusation ?

Like your present GG, Ted Kennedy actually KILLED somebody.

Nor has Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey or Lewis CK. Conservative circles seem to revel in their fall from grace yet Roy Moore is an acceptable choice for the US Senate? 

The Whataboutism is strong with you. 

Just now, Boges said:

Nor has Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey or Lewis CK. Conservative circles seem to revel in their fall from grace yet Roy Moore is an acceptable choice for the US Senate? 

The Whataboutism is strong with you. 

Yes...objective logic works that way.

I don't care about uncharged perverts in Hollywood either, and I sure don't worry about the uncharged perverts in Canada.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...objective logic works that way.

I don't care about uncharged perverts in Hollywood either, and I sure don't worry about the uncharged perverts in Canada.

That's awesome. But the likes of Fox News sure do. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/watching_fox/2017/10/24/how_fox_news_is_weaponizing_the_harvey_weinstein_scandal.html

I guess hypocrisy is just par for the course. 

Just now, Boges said:

That's awesome. But the likes of Fox News sure do. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/watching_fox/2017/10/24/how_fox_news_is_weaponizing_the_harvey_weinstein_scandal.html

I guess hypocrisy is just par for the course. 

Sure...the CBC and other media do likewise...so what ?

"Hypocrisy" is a virtue in politics.

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Why do you assume I have any affinity to the CBC or our GG? 

Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan have both called for Moore to step aside. Are they wrong? 

For the same reason you presumed my affinity for Fox News or pervert indignation.

Lots of people have asked Moore to quit, but that is his choice, not theirs.

The man has not been charged or convicted of anything.

Lots of people criticized your GG as well for vehicular homicide and domestic assault.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

For the same reason you presumed my affinity for Fox News or pervert indignation.

Lots of people have asked Moore to quit, but that is his choice, not theirs.

The man has not been charged or convicted of anything.

Lots of people criticized your GG as well for vehicular homicide and domestic assault.

So that's really all the defence you have. Look over there! What about this!

You can't even answer a direct question. Are McConnell and Ryan right or wrong for asking Moore to step aside? 

He can't be taken off the ballot but the GOP can submit a write in candidate. That's not Moore's choice. 

Just now, Boges said:

So that's really all the defence you have. Look over there! What about this!

You can't even answer a direct question. Are McConnell and Ryan right or wrong for asking Moore to step aside? 

He can't be taken off the ballot but the GOP can submit a write in candidate. That's not Moore's choice. 

Why do I need a "defence" ?    I don't have a dog in this fight, and neither do you (from Canada).

They can ask whatever they want....that's politics.

Moore is on the ballot regardless of the GOP's wishes.

What's the big deal ?  

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

What's the big deal ?  

That in the midst of outrage, and indignation, over celebrities accused of sexual misconduct, much of it from the right, Alabama Republicans are on record that it's better to have an accused pedophile on the ballot than a Democrat.

So tribalism trumps Morals in Trump's America. That's pretty sad. 

You've already admitted that hypocrisy is a virtue so your position is pretty clear. You're on the side of tribalism over good morals. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

That in the midst of outrage, and indignation, over celebrities accused of sexual misconduct. Much of it from the right, Alabama republicans are on record that it's better to have an accused pedophile on the ballot than a Democrat.

So tribalism trumps Morals in Trump's America. That's pretty sad. 

Actually, much of it is also from "the left", but maybe your Yankee gazing radar is only sensitive to things that confirm your own biases.

Did you think the Republicans were just going to roll over for a Democrat ?

There were other names on the primary ballots too...gee...maybe one or more of them have been accused of crimes too but never charged/convicted.

Morals ?   You gotta be kidding !!

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Actually, much of it is also from "the left", but maybe your Yankee gazing radar is only sensitive to things that confirm your own biases.

Did you think the Republicans were just going to roll over for a Democrat ?

There were other names on the primary ballots too...gee...maybe one or more of them have been accused of crimes too but never charged/convicted.

Morals ?   You gotta be kidding !!

Well at least the left will call a spade a spade and criticize someone who does immoral behaviour instead of the left, who'll defend it and discredit the victims.

If the seat is so safe, then a write in candidate should win. 

Just now, Boges said:

Well at least the left will call a spade a spade and criticize someone who does immoral behaviour instead of the left, who'll defend it and discredit the victims.

If the seat is so safe, then a write in candidate should win. 

Wrong....and as you already know....Bill Clinton.    Boom.

10 hours ago, Boges said:

Some Republicans would rather have an accused Child Molester, in Alabama candidate Roy Moore, be elected to the Senate then a Democrat. 

Can't really get all worked up over the Weinsteins, Spaceys and CKs of the world can we

Some of what you wrote also sounds like whataboutism. It is fair to make comparisons though.

These guys were pasted by the whole media, not just Fox, so I wouldn't get excited just because Slate said so. But in today's hyper-political environment, I pity anyone who is wrongly accused. The media is seen as the final judgement, and the media can be bought.

Some in the GOP doing the right thing. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/politics/rnc-roy-moore-campaign/index.html

The Alabama Republican Party and Moore's official senatorial campaign are now the only two entities listed on the joint fundraising agreement. This is the latest step by the Republican Party establishment to distance itself from Moore following accusations by women who said that Moore pursued relationships with them when they were teenagers and while he was in his 30s.

One woman said she was 14 years old when Moore initiated sexual contact with her. On Monday, a separate Alabama woman alleged Moore sexually assaulted her when she was a teenager, and described her experience at a news conference, represented by attorney Gloria Allred.

The RNC did not immediately return requests for comment.

In light of the accusations, dozens of Republicans have spoken out against Moore, with a growing number demanding that he withdraw from the Senate race.