Another Terrorist Attack in Canada

I agree that we are at a greater risk of a large scale attack from an Islamist group, but would say we are still more likely to be the victim of a domestic right wing or Christian terrorist.

Has there been any of that in Canada?

I have never denied that Islamists and Jihadists are currently a much bigger problem globally, mainly for Muslims. I do however, have an issue with terror in all forms and take issue with it being labelled a Muslim problem while we make excuses and apply different labels to the domestic variety.

Even when we have domestic terrorist groups they don't go for the kind of wide scale attacks against soft targets that Muslim terrorist do routinely. Today, for example, a suicide bomber killed 29 soccer fans in Iraq. How many right wing extremists have launched attacks like that, or that in Brussels or Paris or the ones against the London subway or Spanish trains? It's small wonder it is the Muslim terrorists, so much greater in number, and so much bloodier on an international scale, that draw such efforts on the part of the authorities both here and in the US to keep that mayhem away from our shores.

So it's dispensible because you don't have to worry about your life? Guess Pride parade shouldn't print up your name tag.

Have there been any suicide bombings of gay pride parades that I didn't hear about? Any bomb attacks on gay bars?

I didn't say it was 'dispensible' but that it there were some fairly obvious reasons why we were more concerned with Muslim terrorism.

Have there been any suicide bombings of gay pride parades that I didn't hear about? Any bomb attacks on gay bars?

I didn't say it was 'dispensible' but that it there were some fairly obvious reasons why we were more concerned with Muslim terrorism.

So if only military recruiting stations were targeted then we could lower our vigilance?

Once again, I'll ask - what the heck is your point? It's just silliness. By your own links, "only" 48 people have been killed by "right-wing" terrorism since 9/11 - that's over 15 years! That's in spite of the huge focus on Islamic terrorism to the almost complete exclusion of other terrorism. Perhaps if these groups you speak of tried a little harder and indiscriminately killed hundreds of innocent bystanders - perhaps then the media might run with the terrorism label a bit more, don't ya think? That huge Islamic focus has without a doubt prevented other 9/11 scenarios from being perpetrated and saved untold thousands of lives - and don't for a second think that needs some sort of "proof". ISIS and it's ilk would love nothing better than to regularly strike "at the heart of the infidel".

A lot of those people are just nutjobs who are off their meds, but if we take that number at face value it's actually still evidence of the ridiculous level of violence that Americans face from Mohammed wannabes. Muslims are less than 1/10th of the population and they have almost as many murders as the majority. What's worse is that they are all doing it for the exact same purpose - they are indoctrinated by their religion into killing American citizens for being American. It's not just a random smattering of unrelated events.

A lot of those people are just nutjobs who are off their meds... What's worse is that they are all doing it for the exact same purpose - they are indoctrinated by their religion into killing American citizens for being American. It's not just a random smattering of unrelated events.

I hope you are just off your meds. That would be a fare more acceptable excuse than being someone that actually believes what you typed. Take your pills, jump into bed and pull the covers over your head before a communist, crazy pot head or Muslim gets you. Be very still they can sense your fear.

I hope you are just off your meds. That would be a fare more acceptable excuse than being someone that actually believes what you typed. Take your pills, jump into bed and pull the covers over your head before a communist, crazy pot head or Muslim gets you. Be very still they can sense your fear.

You're the one with your head in the sand if you think that it isn't happening.

They say it on tv, they post it all over the internet, they take credit for the events after they have occurred, it's a core part of their belief that sharia law is their only path to heaven, and you've seen the evidence of all the murders yourself.

I think that you don't have any idea what happened in Banu Qurayza (now Medina), under Mohammed's command. There's no way to sugar coat that. If the Canadian Gov't went to the city of Medina and did that to it's residents today you'd lose your mind.

I think the real solution is reforming deficient cultures. We need to create grassroots demand for democracy, equality, freedom, human rights and universal humanist values.

We should start with our own culture by halting our support for dictators - probably the single most biggest moral deficiency a self-avowing democracy can put on display. It's the ultimate crime against humanity AFAIC.

We should start with our own culture by halting our support for dictators - probably the single most biggest moral deficiency a self-avowing democracy can put on display. It's the ultimate crime against humanity AFAIC.

Why ? Dictators need support too. Look how well Cuba has done. No attacks there, right ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Has there been any of that in Canada?

Have there been many Canadian terror incidents in general? I do recall an Edmonton cop being killed in 2014 while investigating an anti-semite and three mounties killed last year in the maritimes by a right wing terrorist. Though they can appear to be lone wolves, these people are typically members of multiple far right groups with frequent interactions online. Actually, Maajid Nawaz has pointed out how well both Islamist and fascist groups are using the internet to create movements not limited to physical locations.

Even when we have domestic terrorist groups they don't go for the kind of wide scale attacks against soft targets that Muslim terrorist do routinely. Today, for example, a suicide bomber killed 29 soccer fans in Iraq. How many right wing extremists have launched attacks like that, or that in Brussels or Paris or the ones against the London subway or Spanish trains? It's small wonder it is the Muslim terrorists, so much greater in number, and so much bloodier on an international scale, that draw such efforts on the part of the authorities both here and in the US to keep that mayhem away from our shores.

I'm not arguing that Christian right wing terror is on the same level as Islamic terror globally. However, it has been more dangerous here. Thus making statements like we must ban or deport all Muslims is as ridiculous as banning entry to all white Christian conservatives.

You cited a bombing in Iraq. That attack was carried about by Muslims (ISIL) against primarily Muslims apparently in retaliation against Iraqi (assisted by US) forces that retook some territory from the group. Today Boko Haram blew up 22 Muslims at a mosque as a part of a string of promised attacks until they are recognized as the government of Nigeria. Does either fit the common line of Muslims killing infidels to spread their religion? Is it much different than the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland?

Terrorism is a problem, however it is disingenuous to label any and all killings involving Muslims as terror and any involving whites or Christians as just political or lone whack jobs, etc.

Agreed.

So if only military recruiting stations were targeted then we could lower our vigilance?

Sure. But that's not the case, with Muslim terrorists having been apprehended before they could, for example, blow up a passenger train, or the CN tower.

I'm not arguing that Christian right wing terror is on the same level as Islamic terror globally. However, it has been more dangerous here. Thus making statements like we must ban or deport all Muslims is as ridiculous as banning entry to all white Christian conservatives.

But you're using 'right wing terror' from the US, not Canada. No right winger in Canada planned to derail passenger trains or set off truck bombs across Toronto or blow up the CN tower or behead the prime minister, so far as I'm aware. Note the difference between such ambitions and the relatively petty nature of your American 'right wing terrorists'.

Agreed.

Short term emotional thinking. Most of the world is ruled by dictators, more than 100 of them. You want the democracies to shun them? Okay. What follows? They will inevitably get the same aid, both military and monetary, elsewhere, and will look to China and Russia for leadership. That will leave western democracies out in the cold in terms of both economic and political influence, and in a much worse position in terms of military threats.

Edited by Argus

And yet you brush it aside and say Absolute nonsense!.....Nonsense indeed and yet these video's are out there by the thousands , and they are very graphic so are removed in short order.....you don't have to believe me, just take a look ....tell me this is acts by a minority.....

Yes. Exactly.

And more relevantly ... this thread is about Canada.

So your telling me their is a switch you just turn it off at the border.....like entering Canada is some miracle cure for practicing Islam the most dangerous religion on the planet...

The Muslims who come to Canada are often fleeing the extremist and violent persecution you depict.

They want no part of that extremist and violent distortion of Islam.

Do you get that?

What has been your experience of Muslims in Canada?

You know, there are many extremist and violent Christians who assault women and have murdered doctors and others ... here in North America.

Do we conclude that all Christians are violent and murderous?

No. We know that's ludicrous.

You know, there are many extremist and violent Christians who assault women and have murdered doctors and others ... here in North America.

Do we conclude that all Christians are violent and murderous?

No. We know that's ludicrous.

Yes - it is ludicrous....because terrorists or not - since 9/11's massacre of over 2000 innocent people all these various right-wing groups in North America - combined - have caused the deaths of just 48 people. Yes it is ludicrous - because Christians and other religions - no matter how oppressed - do not have groups/cells/operatives perpetrating heinous crimes in just about every country where Islam has a large presence. Yes - it is ludicrous because Islam is the only religion that inspires groups to pursue religious global domination.

Phew, there was a hearty response! Apparently some really white skinned, Canadian born, educated, young people want to go from here and take up what Muslims come here to get away from. Have you a significantly well researched response for that?

I wasn't aware of them. But if you say so...