Another Terrorist Attack in Canada

You have zero evidence the bulk of our immigrants are fleeing anything but poverty. And I want to stop them bringing their religious intolerance to Canada and building up large, insular communities of religiously and socially intolerant people who believe violence is Gods will.

You are aware there has been a war raging in Syria for five years? Or has some motive beyond ignorance fueled your opinions?

You have zero evidence the bulk of our immigrants are fleeing anything but poverty. And I want to stop them bringing their religious intolerance to Canada and building up large, insular communities of religiously and socially intolerant people who believe violence is Gods will.

Do you have stats of these immigrants fleeing to Canada who believe violence is God's will.

You are aware there has been a war raging in Syria for five years? Or has some motive beyond ignorance fueled your opinions?

Did I not say immigrants? Is that too big a word for you? Find someone to explain what the difference is between immigrants and refugees and get back to me, kid.

Do you have stats of these immigrants fleeing to Canada who believe violence is God's will.

I have already posted stats on Canadian Muslims in response to Jacee demanding them. As she has chosen not to comment further I will assume she is satisfied. Maybe you should look back a few pages and find them to satisfy yourself, as well.

But in any event, since significant portions of the population of some of our major source countries are religious extremists, it follows that significant portions of the immigrants coming from those countries will be religious extremists.

Edited by Argus

Individuals might not think much of Sikhs with their funny turbans or Muslims with their gowns, but they aren't, any of them, setting out to murder these people because their existence offends God.

Here again, you choose carefully selected adjectives to ridicule those groups of people you are so intolerant of. Why do you do this? I am truly curious.

Did I not say immigrants? Is that too big a word for you? Find someone to explain what the difference is between immigrants and refugees and get back to me, kid.

Well then you really stuck your foot in it. A majority of our immigrants are chosen on the basis of their employable skills. another smaller portion are chosen on the basis of family reunification, often to previously emmigrated economic immigrants. I'm sorry if I have challenged your word skills, kid.

I have already posted stats on Canadian Muslims in response to Jacee demanding them. As she has chosen not to comment further I will assume she is satisfied. Maybe you should look back a few pages and find them to satisfy yourself, as well.

But in any event, since significant portions of the population of some of our major source countries are religious extremists, it follows that significant portions of the immigrants coming from those countries will be religious extremists.

It has been addressed ad nauseum how Muslim immigrants are adapting quite successfully in Canada.

Here again, you choose carefully selected adjectives to ridicule those groups of people you are so intolerant of. Why do you do this? I am truly curious.

I am speaking from the perspective of fundamentalist Christians. If thine eyes are offended... stop looking.

It has been addressed ad nauseum how Muslim immigrants are adapting quite successfully in Canada.

It has been 'addressed' that they are adapting quite successfully? What does that even mean? Do you have any statistics on how 'nicely' they are adapting? How many are NOT adapting nicely?

Pay attention to what I said. If

Good on ya for trying, but somehow I doubt reiterating actual facts will have much impact in this case.

Thank you for reminding us that you are confused about the different definitions of 'fact' and 'opinion'.

Thank you for reminding us that you are confused about the different definitions of 'fact' and 'opinion'.

If you claim to know the difference, then let's see some support for your so called "facts". I'll warn you, don't go to the gov. of Canada for backup because their facts tend to disagree with you.

Only the liberals have immigrated? LMAO! Yes, we do have to be vigilant and we should help combat the problem. Bombing a symptom of the problem doesn't solve it. Blaming the religion, an aspect of the problem doesn't help, nor does pretending it has no impact.

Just as cultural reforms led to a less kill happy Christianity, cultural reforms will lead to a much safer and more ethical Middle East. Forward thinking individuals, groups and governments will have to support the grassroots movements building demand for democracy and secular liberal values. We must also be ready to defend our own culture from the growing global authoritarian right movements. Theocrats and fascists like Cruz and Trump are just the tip of the iceberg; extremism and theocracy needs to be stamped out everywhere. We must be vigilant.

Hard to know were to start = you're defeating your own arguments. You asked why all the various religions were less violent over here. Read the last paragraph of your own article and then see how silly your LMAO comment was. The Muslims who have managed to be "forward thinking" are the ones who have come to North America - and welcomed to Canada. In Global terms, these are "liberal minded people" - not Liberals. You obviously have a mis-guided, incohesive agenda of some sort - so I'll bid you adieu from this discussion.

If you claim to know the difference, then let's see some support for your so called "facts". I'll warn you, don't go to the gov. of Canada for backup because their facts tend to disagree with you.

I've already posted the facts many times. You? Not so much. Just sneers and dick waving.

I've already posted the facts many times. You? Not so much. Just sneers and dick waving.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of scary idea you mean by"dick waving", but I'm sure there are a number of member who would , sort of like to hear what you mean by that.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of scary idea you mean by"dick waving", but I'm sure there are a number of member who would , sort of like to hear what you mean by that.

I know you're being facetious, but eyeball is right and so are you: Canadian Muslims are often fiscally conservative small business owners, and do tend to be social conservatives and among the parents opposed to sex education in schools.

A strong connection has developed via school/community parent groups between them and other moderate conservative religious groups in Canada.

Some Muslims prefer to send their kids to Catholic schools in their neighbourhoods, not for religion but because of shared social values.

(Because Catholic schools are publicly funded, other religious practices must be accommodated.)

Well, quite. My point was intended to illustrate that, just as there are numerous persons of a religious persuasion, and it is wrong to tar them all with the same brush, it is doubly so with conservatives. There are more of them, for one thing. And their views vary wildly. Some of them think it's a good idea to kill children with a bomb, and others, like me, think the deficit might be a tad high.

Have there been many Canadian terror incidents in general? I do recall an Edmonton cop being killed in 2014 while investigating an anti-semite and three mounties killed last year in the maritimes by a right wing terrorist. Though they can appear to be lone wolves, these people are typically members of multiple far right groups with frequent interactions online. Actually, Maajid Nawaz has pointed out how well both Islamist and fascist groups are using the internet to create movements not limited to physical locations.

I'm not arguing that Christian right wing terror is on the same level as Islamic terror globally. However, it has been more dangerous here. Thus making statements like we must ban or deport all Muslims is as ridiculous as banning entry to all white Christian conservatives.

You cited a bombing in Iraq. That attack was carried about by Muslims (ISIL) against primarily Muslims apparently in retaliation against Iraqi (assisted by US) forces that retook some territory from the group. Today Boko Haram blew up 22 Muslims at a mosque as a part of a string of promised attacks until they are recognized as the government of Nigeria. Does either fit the common line of Muslims killing infidels to spread their religion? Is it much different than the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland?

Terrorism is a problem, however it is disingenuous to label any and all killings involving Muslims as terror and any involving whites or Christians as just political or lone whack jobs, etc.

Your logic is wrong, and it's all over the place.

1) when some idiot kills cops that come to arrest them that is in no way comparable to terrorists looking for people to kill in the name of their religion.

2) you've got:

two crackpots acting in isolated incidents with absolutely no backing whatsoever from any one of the 40 Million Canadians vs

2 attackers from a population of less than 1 million that has moderate amounts of active supporters and a large number of sympathizers.

plus there are even more would-be attackers who have been stopped short of successfully committing acts of terrorism.

So you see slick, there's an enormous community with almost no terrorists and even less support vs a small group with several terrorists and they are embraced by their community to a sickening extent.

3) I didn't see anyone saying that we need to ban muslims from entering the country, but taking in massive numbers from the world's leading terrorist hotbed is just stupid.

Edited by WestCanMan

I think the real solution is reforming deficient cultures. We need to create grassroots demand for democracy, equality, freedom, human rights and universal humanist values.

Riiiight. And can you explain to me how anyone is going to tell a billion muslims that they're doing it all wrong? That their prophet was doing it wrong?

Here's some more of those blasted conservatives...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/islamist-protesters-call-for-sharia-in-pakistan-after-salman-taseer-blasphemy-row-a6956896.html

They have also denounced draft legislation in Punjab outlawing violence against women.

Did anyone tell Rona Ambrose about this?

Edited by bcsapper

Some Muslims prefer to send their kids to Catholic schools in their neighbourhoods, not for religion but because of shared social values.

(Because Catholic schools are publicly funded, other religious practices must be accommodated.)

I bet another shared social value just as dear to their hearts is their dim view towards atheists.

Point being they're not very progressive or liberal are they?

For what it's worth I think the deficit is ridiculous.

They certainly are not. Still, I bet even amongst them you would get a wide range of what is considered acceptable.