Super Bowl 50

Almost half time. Not a bad game. Lots of turnovers, near misses and a few spectacular plays. Lady Gaga eye shadow will be the highlight of the first half. Didn't know she had such a strong voice.

Two minutes left to go in the first half and I see the fans starting to go to the concession stands to stock up to watch the half time show.

What happened to that one band that used to march up and down the field during half time.

Almost half time. Not a bad game. Lots of turnovers, near misses and a few spectacular plays. Lady Gaga eye shadow will be the highlight of the first half. Didn't know she had such a strong voice.

Two minutes left to go in the first half and I see the fans starting to go to the concession stands to stock up to watch the half time show.

What happened to that one band that used to march up and down the field during half time.

I missed Lady Gaga. I forgot about that! She has an amazing voice. Did you not hear her duet with Tony Bennett?

I resent having to go to the computer to see the commercials. I understand there are some exceptional commercials again this year.

Somebody should talk to the Carolina kicker. He obviously believes that you get more points by hitting one of the goal post rather than by getting the ball between them.

Edited by Big Guy

What an overwhelming performance by the Denver defense, especially Miller and Ware. I didn't think that the defense could win it all by themselves, but they pretty much did. Cam Newton didn't even have time to think on most plays.

Halftime was pretty lame. Katy Perry and Left Shark were much better, IMO. I also enjoyed Bruno Mars' previous Superbowl performance more than this halftime show, and I don't even like Bruno Mars. I think overall I just don't care for Coldplay. The highlight of this halftime show was the montage they made of previous, better halftime shows.

I think Peyton will hang them up. Go out a winner, like his boss did.

-k

Yes...Peyton Manning can now retire in style.

Peyton Manning is almost 40. He better live it up because lots of NFLers wind up like Iron Mike Webster.

After retirement, Webster suffered from amnesia, dementia, depression, and acute bone and muscle pain. He lived out of his pickup truck or in train stations between Wisconsin and Pittsburgh, even though his friends and former teammates offered to rent apartments for him. In his last years Webster lived with his youngest son, Garrett, who though only a teenager at the time, had to act as the parent to his father.

A lot of retired NFLer's come down with CTE, a brain disorder caused by repeated hits. Autopsies of guys in their 40's and 50's show brain deterioration more consistent with 80 year old men with Alzheimers.

I've seen estimates that 3 out of 10 NFLers have suffered brain damage that will become apparent in their retirement.

Happy retirement, Peyton Manning.

What an overwhelming performance by the Denver defense, especially Miller and Ware. I didn't think that the defense could win it all by themselves, but they pretty much did. Cam Newton didn't even have time to think on most plays.

Halftime was pretty lame. Katy Perry and Left Shark were much better, IMO. I also enjoyed Bruno Mars' previous Superbowl performance more than this halftime show, and I don't even like Bruno Mars. I think overall I just don't care for Coldplay. The highlight of this halftime show was the montage they made of previous, better halftime shows.

I think Peyton will hang them up. Go out a winner, like his boss did.

-k

Well, I don't think anybody actually likes coldplay. The organizers probably felt they needed some white representation as to avoid academy award type of outcry.

Peyton Manning is almost 40. He better live it up because lots of NFLers wind up like Iron Mike Webster.

A lot of retired NFLer's come down with CTE, a brain disorder caused by repeated hits. Autopsies of guys in their 40's and 50's show brain deterioration more consistent with 80 year old men with Alzheimers.

I've seen estimates that 3 out of 10 NFLers have suffered brain damage that will become apparent in their retirement.

Happy retirement, Peyton Manning.

I doubt Peyton has CTE. He doesn't have a history of taking big hits and trying to run the ball ever.

Not sure that Manning is capable of doing anything else to strengthen his legacy. There are all kinds of things that he can do to tarnish it.

Time for him to hang it up.

The NFL is starting to-day to investigate the allegations of hormone use by Manning. If he declares retirement then that issue will also disappear.

Not sure that Manning is capable of doing anything else to strengthen his legacy. There are all kinds of things that he can do to tarnish it.

Time for him to hang it up.

The NFL is starting to-day to investigate the allegations of hormone use by Manning. If he declares retirement then that issue will also disappear.

Probably, but no way he takes the spotlight away from the players that actually won the Super Bowl by announcing his retirement.

I love how Manning said he would drink tons of Budweiser when being interviewed. Shows he doesn't give a bleep anymore.

I doubt Peyton has CTE. He doesn't have a history of taking big hits and trying to run the ball ever.

I agree, he doesn't run and he has been great at quickly dishing or dumping the ball before he takes the big hit, his whole career.