Bush Snr, Bush Jnr, Trudeau Snr, Trudeau Jnr, etc.

August1991

Actually -k, I have to disagree with you in this instance. If you replace "Junior" with "Trudeau" it doesn't change the tone of the statement one bit. While you may dislike the sentiment, the use of "Junior" likely isn't what's derisive. If "Junior" is allowed, it's allowed (not that I care in the least one way or the other). This status update shouldn't be a reason why that changes.

We foolishly let "Trudeau Jr" slide because we didn't think August meant any harm.

But thanks to Overthere, it's become clear that this was a big error in judgment. You don't get to refer to the Prime Minister as "Junior". End. Of. Story.

And because we can't have different rules for different members, August doesn't get to use Trudeau Jr anymore either. Sorry, August. You can find some other way of disambiguating Justin from his father Pierre. Perhaps something like ... their first names? Or would that just be too radical?

I am sure that some people will reflect back to Olden Times to point out some instance where they feel the rules weren't applied evenly. I'm sure there are many. But the blown calls of the past are not a good reason to keep blowing calls. Let's move on.

-k

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....I am sure that some people will reflect back to Olden Times to point out some instance where they feel the rules weren't applied evenly. I'm sure there are many. But the blown calls of the past are not a good reason to keep blowing calls. Let's move on.

Otay...but let's not pretend that such calls will not be "blown" in the future. That's just the way that it is.

At least The Right Honourable Justin P. J. Trudeau's honour will be protected going forward.

We foolishly let "Trudeau Jr" slide because we didn't think August meant any harm.

But thanks to Overthere, it's become clear that this was a big error in judgment. You don't get to refer to the Prime Minister as "Junior". End. Of. Story.

And because we can't have different rules for different members, August doesn't get to use Trudeau Jr anymore either. Sorry, August. You can find some other way of disambiguating Justin from his father Pierre. Perhaps something like ... their first names? Or would that just be too radical?

I am sure that some people will reflect back to Olden Times to point out some instance where they feel the rules weren't applied evenly. I'm sure there are many. But the blown calls of the past are not a good reason to keep blowing calls. Let's move on.

-k

Kimmy. Whatever. OK. In the big scheme of things, I can live with a "Jnr" - or not

But, does this mean that I have to go to all my posts and delete all my references to "Bush Jnr"?

====

Political correctness aside, in about 30 years I suspect, the western world will face yet another potential dictatorship.

Edited by August1991

Kimmy. Whatever. OK. In the big scheme of things, I can live with a "Jnr" - or not

But, does this mean that I have to go to all my posts and delete all my references to "Bush Jnr"?

No. We will all agree to let sleeping dogs lay, and move forward, not backward... upward, not forward... and always twirling, twirling, twirling toward freedom!

Political correctness aside, in about 30 years I suspect, the western world will face yet another potential dictatorship.

That's correct. I am just practicing for my future job as Minister of Information in the future Anthony-Hardner Despotic Regime.

-Rittmeister Kimmy