What's More Important, Free Right of Speech or More Irritating?

Exegesisme

Your latest thread was taken down.

This forum is to be used to stimulate discussion. You are not doing that.

Do not use this forum to publish your writing. You have a habit of posting things in this forum without any intention to discussion. That must stop. If it does not stop, your posting privileges may be taken away.

I disagree this reason. I certainly want others concern what I post and discuss what I post, but I do not want to use extreme words to irritate others just for they take part in discussion. What I try to do in this forum is only to explore a way for a new creativity, which I hope would stimulate the creativity of our Canadian, and at the same time avoid extreme reaction to the new creativity.

Is there any problem of this intention?

Beyond this event, I also disagree the policy of this forum covered old posts too easy. Many sub-forums are only left one short page of posts.

And a third point what I disagree is that the limitation of free speech is very narrow, which I believe is the real reason my latest thread was taken down, and also the real reason why Canadian creativity is lower than American creativity.

I will refuse to post other new thread in this forum If my latest thread is not revived beyond this thread. You want me stimulate discussion, would you tolerate my this thread for stimulating discussion?

What is your opinion? I need response from readers as well as from meditators.

Edited by Exegesisme

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely read your stuff.

Tried when you first started but I suspect that if I were a moderator I would have responded to your stuff much sooner than this and would have banned you many moons ago.

There are lots of places on the inter tubes for people to post their personal treatises.

This board does not have to allow anyone and/or everyone to post whatever they want so too bad, so sad, and this is not a violation of anyone's freedom of speech.

I believe, it is because my thread is out of your familiar knowledge, and you are lazy to learn something new. So, you are a typical old Canadian.

I am a new Canadian, want more creativity (taste of old American ) and at the same time avoiding irritating others (taste of old Canadian). I represents more creativity in Canada for increasing Canadian creativity, and represents less irritating others in US for decreasing their high crime rate.

Edited by Exegesisme

Your posts aren't creative, they're spam and mostly nonsense.

There is no such thing as free speech on an internet forum that has rules about content. Free speech is about the government having to allow public expression. If you're at my house and you drop F-bombs in front of my 7 children, do I violate your "free speech" when I tell you to not say cuss words in front of the kids?

Go make a blog somewhere else. I'm sure you'll get millions of hits.

Your posts aren't creative, they're spam and mostly nonsense.

You just mean you do not understand and do not want to understand.

​Free speech is about the government having to allow public expression.

The right of free speech is everywhere as long as the speech is moral, ethical and lawful.

If you're at my house and you drop F-bombs in front of my 7 children,

Is there any of my posts which makes you using this "if situation" about my posts?

Go make a blog somewhere else. I'm sure you'll get millions of hits.

Thank you for your this suggestion, although with ridicule.

Edited by Exegesisme

I believe, it is because my thread is out of your familiar knowledge, and you are lazy to learn something new. So, you are a typical old Canadian.

I am a new Canadian, want more creativity (taste of old American ) and at the same time avoiding irritating others (taste of old Canadian)..

Perhaps I am "lazy to learn something new" but I am certainly not going to waste my time on something that some anonymous poster thinks he/she is prepared to teach me. As far as I am concerned you have the right to post what you want, I have the right to decide what you have to offer based on the couple of posts of yours that I have read and the administrators have the right to take down your posts and bar you if they feel you are wasting space and their time.

I do not think that an anonymous bulletin board is the place to try to impress others with your philosophy or (as in another case) your brilliance in physics. Get published and find out how many people are interested in buying and reading you work.

Perhaps I am "lazy to learn something new" but I am certainly not going to waste my time on something that some anonymous poster thinks he/she is prepared to teach me. As far as I am concerned you have the right to post what you want, I have the right to decide what you have to offer based on the couple of posts of yours that I have read and the administrators have the right to take down your posts and bar you if they feel you are wasting space and their time.

I do not think that an anonymous bulletin board is the place to try to impress others with your philosophy or (as in another case) your brilliance in physics. Get published and find out how many people are interested in buying and reading you work.

I never think I have truth to teach you, but a new opinion looking for reaction of other opinions.

I never challenge your right not reading my posts and not discussing my posts, they are your rights.

I never challenge the right of the meditator to do what in their rights. Here what I challenge is the reason of taken down, and the meditating style of the forum which is really serving its propose or not.

Your suggestion is correct. But before I make my final form of work, I choose to evaluate possible reactions of others through some ways.

For the record, I have been more interested in the form and peaceful, spiritual context of your posts aside from any specific concentration on creativity, meditation, "new age" consciousness, or personal treatise. Unfortunately, this "discussion" forum is not the most welcoming place for such ideas, which is generally more suited to the usual "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots" of conflict discourse over mostly pedestrian issues of the day.

Your posts remind me of a very popular American television series from the 1970's...."Kung Fu" (based on the Tao Te Ching), wherein a Shaolin monk presents such higher level concepts in the framework of and contrasted with violent social conflict in the "Old West". So there could be far more discussion about such ideas, but the 'price of oil' or 'Trump is crazy' just gets more attention and interest.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

What I concern is the role of Canada in the leadership of US, although many Canadians do not admit this topic.

Noted in your posts, but not very popular with some members' anti-American ideology and perceptions.

I like Christianity much more than Buddaism both in their cores and on their wholes . I may need a new niche. Thank you.

Understood, but such comparisons are natural and inevitable. Christianity is also trying to find a new niche.

I disagree this reason.

Ok. The moderators decide that, though. You can dictate such things to them nor more than you could decide how you will behave in someone else's home.

Beyond this event, I also disagree the policy of this forum covered old posts too easy. Many sub-forums are only left one short page of posts.

Not policy, but software. Click on the 'custom' link on the grey bar above the list of posts and you can change that.

And a third point what I disagree is that the limitation of free speech is very narrow, which I believe is the real reason my latest thread was taken down, and also the real reason why Canadian creativity is lower than American creativity.

We limit free speech to some degree, including limiting it to the kinds of discussion we want so I can't dispute that.

Ok. The moderators decide that, though. You can dictate such things to them nor more than you could decide how you will behave in someone else's home.

Not policy, but software. Click on the 'custom' link on the grey bar above the list of posts and you can change that.

We limit free speech to some degree, including limiting it to the kinds of discussion we want so I can't dispute that.

Although I agree all your explanation, I can not continue here without revival of my taken-down thread for it is the top and core of my whole work, which also touches the top and core of western civilization.

Unfortunately, I did not read it as it was taken down. Religion and religious concepts face much skepticism and ridicule in general these days, and very specifically here on MLW.

I hope they would revive my taken-down thread, or we could discuss it through other ways.

I especially put the thread now being taken down in the arts and culture sub-forum for less controversy.

From this event I understand more about the relation between the creativity of a people and the degree of their free right of speech.

Edited by Exegesisme

Yes, you are so right! I'm just so lazy and don't like the unfamiliar! What a great way to convince me to read your posts too!

I am a new Canadian, want more creativity (taste of old American ) and at the same time avoiding irritating others (taste of old Canadian). I represents more creativity in Canada for increasing Canadian creativity, and represents less irritating others in US for decreasing their high crime rate.

No problem at all.

Write whatever you want if it is suitable for these forums and see what the mods allow.

I will continue to pass on your threads since I'm as lazy as f^ck. ;)

Edited by msj

I see no difference from his/her posts than from Rue's or the formula guy. And not many posters respond to those either so where do you draw the line with 'promoting discussion' and banning posters and/or threads.

Thanks.

I am a him, but focus on my X chromosome.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/25432-the-difference-of-mother-and-father-in-genetics-of-mental-ability/