terrorists occupy gov't office in Oregon

If these charlatans were Muslim they'd be shut down, rounded up and charged with radicalizing and promoting terrorism. The double standard here is so ridiculous it's hilarious.

Only if they had already killed someone, or looked like they were going to. Admittedly a reasonable assumption, so I don't fully blame you for your distress over the fact that the authorities haven't gone in with guns blazing. It does seem to be indicative of a double standard of your own, though.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if they had already killed someone, or looked like they were going to. Admittedly a reasonable assumption, so I don't fully blame you for your distress over the fact that the authorities haven't gone in with guns blazing. It does seem to be indicative of a double standard of your own, though.

MY distress? :lol: The only thing I'm afraid about is that you have me mixed up with the sort of lefty that gets their ginch in a twist over every social offence du jour that some moral entrepreneur dishes up.

My hilarity stems entirely from the kids gloves the usual law and order types reserve when extremes on their side of the political chasm go bonkers.

That said, my own experience with the sheer capriciousness and chaos that can result from a federal government's mismanagement of things does give me a sense of where freedom-fighters/terrorists everywhere are coming from.

No-one has the right to break the law when protesting. We established this in the Line 9 pipeline thread. It doesn't matter whether the protest is valid, in one's opinion, or not.

The law enforcement response to any protest that breaks the law should be protest specific.

This wasn't established in the Line 9 thread. Maybe by you, but not by others.

The US Legal Definition of Domestic Terrorism:

Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

Clearly, the fact that nobody is calling this terrorism is just further proof that terrorism is primarily a political designation rather than a legal one. That's why it's so broad and malleable.

If this was a group of Muslims claiming they were establishing a sharia law zone instead of a bunch of 'back-to-the-landers' pronouncing their own interpretation of the constitution, it would have been stormed by now.

The authorities just need to wait it out until they get hungry and starting demanding pizza and beer. Then they can send in the pizza delivery guys with guns ablazing.

Well, it's one way or the other. These guys are good, and the pipeline guys are good. Or they both aren't.

Maybe you're right, maybe it is just me that doesn't differentiate between lawbreakers.

MY distress? :lol: The only thing I'm afraid about is that you have me mixed up with the sort of lefty that gets their ginch in a twist over every social offence du jour that some moral entrepreneur dishes up.

Maybe I did. If I could work out what you meant I'd know for sure.

It shouldn't really be difficult to get them to leave. Cut the power. Cut the water. And play the same Neil,Diamond song on a loop with loud speakers.

Miley Cyrus.

Edited by bcsapper

It's funny how every lefty that bawls his eyes out whenever a group that actually kiils someone gets on the wrong end of a bit of bad name giving is utterly incensed that this group hasn't been shot or burnt to death by now. The outrage is palpable.

Wait until they shoot someone, then kill them all. It's not too much to ask.

The main thing, of course, is that it doesn't result in a backlash against rural gun toting Americans.

It's funny how every lefty that bawls his eyes out whenever a group that actually kiils someone gets on the wrong end of a bit of bad name giving is utterly incensed that this group hasn't been shot or burnt to death by now. The outrage is palpable.

The main thing, of course, is that it doesn't result in a backlash against rural gun toting Americans.

Who has asked for them to be shot or burnt to death?

I'm just pointing out the rampant double standards (no doubt supported by attendant racism) of the people around here who defended the police executing a black kid on a playground and who are now all about restraint when it comes to white thugs with assault rifles.

Edited by ReeferMadness

Who has asked for them to be shot or burnt to death?

I'm just pointing out the rampant double standards (no doubt supported by attendant racism) of the people around here who defended the police executing a black kid on a playground and who are now all about restraint when it comes to white thugs with assault rifles.

I'm exaggerating about the burning.

As soon as a cop feels his life is threatened he can kill them, and I'll be okay with it. That's what can happen when one plays with guns.

The Bundy group is really protesting the fact that federal land has rules. They chose a wildlife refuge because the land and animals are protected and then vowed to bring back all the "hunters, loggers and miners." Their idiotic point seems to be that if you've lived in an area for a long time you have a right to do whatever you want on the land, whether you own it or not. The original Bundy standoff with law enforcement stemmed from the fact that they were using federal land to graze their animals and refused to pay for the right to do so

I'm exaggerating about the burning.

As soon as a cop feels his life is threatened he can kill them, and I'll be okay with it. That's what can happen when one plays with guns.

Oh, I see. You think it's OK to shoot a black kid on a playground. And the guys who are hiding in the woods right now with rifles trained on anyone who approaches aren't threatening anyone?

If I seized the mayor's office of my city hall and vowed to use force only if security attempted to remove me, would that make it a peaceful protest? Should I be permitted to stay as long as I haven't hurt anybody?

If I seized the mayor's office of my city hall and vowed to use force only if security attempted to remove me, would that make it a peaceful protest? Should I be permitted to stay as long as I haven't hurt anybody?

Apparently, the answer is yes, providing you're a heavily armed white hillbilly with conspiracy theories about "world gubmint".

Otherwise, no, you're a terrorist.

Oh, I see. You think it's OK to shoot a black kid on a playground. And the guys who are hiding in the woods right now with rifles trained on anyone who approaches aren't threatening anyone?

You didn't read my post. I said as soon as a cop feels his life is threatened he should go ahead and shoot first. Kill them all. I'll believe him.

What should happen to you? I'm curious.

Let's say you were a native woman, upset at the lack of a public enquiry into the missing indigenous women for instance, and you vowed not to leave until someone committed to hold one.

How long before the police should open fire?

Edited by bcsapper

What should happen to you? I'm curious.

Let's say you were a native woman, upset at the lack of a public enquiry into the missing indigenous women for instance, and you vowed not to leave until someone committed to hold one.

How long before the police should open fire?

Did she set up sniper positions in towers?

Then they should be taken down immediately. duh

I don't know so much. If it could be done without risking police lives maybe.

Artillery would do the job.

Would you let them know and give them a chance to surrender?

I would, as it would reduce the chance of property damage.