Canadians Solidly Behind Justin Trudeau

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper left them a 7.5 billion dollar surplus which they turned into a 30 billion dollar deficit, in a matter of hours it seems.

Beef, shout, scream, spit, jump up and down ... It is a waste of time. The Liberals are a majority and JT is your PM until October 21, 2019.

That is 3 years, 4 months, 13 days excluding the election date or 1230 days.

Harper left them a 7.5 billion dollar surplus which they turned into a 30 billion dollar deficit, in a matter of hours it seems.

We all know the fairy tales that Oliver used to tell. I suggest you read the Parliamentary Budget Office report of November 10, 2015 that looked at the budget based on the old Harper model (ie. not looking at the new Liberal government programs). It stated:

2015-16 - $1.2 billion surplus

2016-17 - $3.0 billion deficit

2017-18 - $4.7 billion deficit

2018-19 - $5.0 billion deficit

2019-20 - $4.6 billion deficit

2020-21 - $4.2 billion deficit

This is the baseline to which the Liberal performance should be measured.

We all know the fairy tales that Oliver used to tell. I suggest you read the Parliamentary Budget Office report of November 10, 2015 that looked at the budget based on the old Harper model (ie. not looking at the new Liberal government programs). It stated:

And even that was with a rosier economic forecast than reality has shown so far.

Perhaps - but it is based on a $45 barrel of oil and and GST at 5%. Oil goes to $65 and GST raised to 7% (where it was before this economy started to tank) and we have a balanced budget by 2017 and surpluses after.

I do think the the liberals could find themselves in a mess with the "right to die" law. I agree with the Senate results but I don't think Justin agrees with it. There could also be a problem with sending 1000 troops to Europe for training, Russian isn't a problem for Canada yet, so why get involve, the US is pushing this. Was Russian one of GW's axis of evil?

Well his most senior foreign affairs advisor just quit. Quitting this early tells me he is not impressed with the route they are taking.

Doesn't sound even remotely like he was unhappy.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/top-trudeau-foreign-policy-advisor-roland-paris-heading-back-to-university-of-ottawa

Sounds like quitting to me. Why would you work for a government if you were just going back to your old job a few months later.

that's right... you go with another fabrication... cause you can! What part of still being an active employee of uOttawa are you choosing to ignore? What part of the guy being on a leave given to him by his employer (uOttawa) are you choosing to ignore? What part of tenure associated with ranked academia are you choosing to ignore? What part of the guy being an academic are you choosing to ignore?

that's right... you go with another fabrication... cause you can! What part of still being an active employee of uOttawa are you choosing to ignore? What part of the guy being on a leave given to him by his employer (uOttawa) are you choosing to ignore? What part of tenure associated with ranked academia are you choosing to ignore? What part of the guy being an academic are you choosing to ignore?

Nothing. . . but he's also not working for JT anymore. Did he take leave from working for JT as well?

People are still solidly behind Trudeau and the reason is that there is no alternative right now. Both the CPC and NDP are waiting for new leaders. That's one reason, sure, but I think there's another major problem.

The fantasy of Trudeau as having a moral high ground and a progressive heart could be shattered in an instant if the opposition spent more time criticizing the fact that Trudeau chooses to foster the arms trade. Our government is arming radicals who violate fundamental human rights. Where is the NDP on this? They're more concerned with Trudeau bumping into Ruth Ellen Brosseau's tit than the fact that the equipment we are selling to Saudis will be used to murder innocent people and crush democratic protests. And the CPC? How are they going to criticize Trudeau for going through with a deal that they crafted themselves?

The NDP is a joke under Mulcair, more concerned with petty politics than championing real issues. The Liberals are morally bankrupt and Trudeau is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Yet, he will continue to enjoy record level of support because there is literally no one to hold him accountable.

The fantasy of Trudeau as having a moral high ground and a progressive heart could be shattered in an instant if the opposition spent more time criticizing the fact that Trudeau chooses to foster the arms trade. Our government is arming radicals who violate fundamental human rights. Where is the NDP on this? They're more concerned with Trudeau bumping into Ruth Ellen Brosseau's tit than the fact that the equipment we are selling to Saudis will be used to murder innocent people and crush democratic protests. And the CPC? How are they going to criticize Trudeau for going through with a deal that they crafted themselves?

The NDP is a joke under Mulcair, more concerned with petty politics than championing real issues. The Liberals are morally bankrupt and Trudeau is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Yet, he will continue to enjoy record level of support because there is literally no one to hold him accountable.

The Saudi deal is disgusting. Not only for their human rights abuses, but the Wahhabis fund terrorist organization all around the world. This is one of the rabbit hole paradoxes where we are funding and arming people who we then fight.

There is nothing progressive about this and coupled with his pipeline stances and corporate tax rates, I think it's absurd that he presents himself as progressive. Agreed 100%.

It's also ironic that conservatives hate him so much. He really is a wolf in sheep's clothing... well said.

People are still solidly behind Trudeau and the reason is that there is no alternative right now. Both the CPC and NDP are waiting for new leaders. That's one reason, sure, but I think there's another major problem.

Yes again. I've been saying this for a long time. It's a one person show right now.

Also to add - if I answer the phone and I'm asked if I approve of JT I would give a yes too. After 9 years of Harper, it's going to be a very long honeymoon. Anything he does is still better than Harper.

It doesn't mean he's good.

It's such a stupid question too. Do I approve of HIM? He doesn't matter. His policies do. Do I approve of his policies? Which ones? Do they expect the same answer for all of them? I have to accept them wholesale or not at all? It's just another way we boil complex issues down to dross.

He looked foolish against Rona ,over the genocide motion. He needs the UN to tell him what to do. Just like the arctic, where he said what the UN says about the borders is fine with him. And then by buying super hornets, it seems we could lose the arctic, to everyone else that has stealth fighters.

He looked foolish against Rona ,over the genocide motion. He needs the UN to tell him what to do. Just like the arctic, where he said what the UN says about the borders is fine with him. And then by buying super hornets, it seems we could lose the arctic, to everyone else that has stealth fighters.

your posts continue to be your anecdotal reminisces that provide no accountability... for you... and provide no reference for others to question/challenge you on. Clearly, you like it that way! :lol: