• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be blunt, but it's not our problem until we're asked for assistance. If the people being displaced asked the international community for assistance, then they need to sit down, figure out what's going on and decide. If the Syrian government decides to do nothing and allows these animals to run roughshod on their state, then that's the prerogative.

That's a realistic scenario, but it ignores the fact that places like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia and China will inevitably interfere. And what do we do about the millions and millions of refugees? Furthermore, I've seen interviews with that mob which is heading through Hungary. Many are Syrians. Others are Afghans, Iraqis, Yemenis, Tunisians, Sudanese, Libyans, even Pakistanis. The word is getting out in the big toilet of the middle east. Go to Europe and they'll let you stay! You can live and work in Europe now! All you have to do is get there!

The more you allow in and resettle, the more will pick up stake and head on that journey. Wouldn't you?

Iraq is a majority Shia country. Two thirds of the population are Shia, including the Kurds.

The Shia have a higher percentage of the population, but it's not exactly a Shia place, especially after the Sunnis were passed over for any place in the government under Al Maliki and why they are still pissed enough to create hat we now call ISIS.

The Shia have a higher percentage of the population, but it's not exactly a Shia place, especially after the Sunnis were passed over for any place in the government under Al Maliki and why they are still pissed enough to create hat we now call ISIS.

The Shia were shut out of government during Sadaam's time, so there is more than a little dislike between them which goes beyond the usual shia and suuni religious crap. Nevertheless, two thirds of the country is Shia and so Shia's can live there most places without fear of persecution. You can't say the same for Christians anywhere in the middle east or in any muslim country.

That's a realistic scenario, but it ignores the fact that places like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia and China will inevitably interfere. And what do we do about the millions and millions of refugees? Furthermore, I've seen interviews with that mob which is heading through Hungary. Many are Syrians. Others are Afghans, Iraqis, Yemenis, Tunisians, Sudanese, Libyans, even Pakistanis. The word is getting out in the big toilet of the middle east. Go to Europe and they'll let you stay! You can live and work in Europe now! All you have to do is get there!

The more you allow in and resettle, the more will pick up stake and head on that journey. Wouldn't you?

We have a system that is supposed to enforce all of that: the UN. It's a shame it doesn't work as it should.

And i thought the US created ISIL, which one is it.....

How did ISIS come to be? Hint: Ali ibn Abi Talib

And i thought the US created ISIL, which one is it.....

It’s time you and your ISIS-loving pals stopped creating these killers, who are clearly your fault and are not in any way connected to the triumphant US invasion, blissful occupation and glorious political reconciliation of Iraq, all of which went just swimmingly!

It’s time you and your ISIS-loving pals stopped creating these killers, who are clearly your fault and are not in any way connected to the triumphant US invasion, blissful occupation and glorious political reconciliation of Iraq, all of which went just swimmingly!

I've always wonder how you got your news.....now we know

The Shia were shut out of government during Sadaam's time, so there is more than a little dislike between them which goes beyond the usual shia and suuni religious crap. Nevertheless, two thirds of the country is Shia and so Shia's can live there most places without fear of persecution. You can't say the same for Christians anywhere in the middle east or in any muslim country.

And the real problems started when with US help the Sunni's were kicked out of power and they were actually the people who knew how to run things. It created a seriously unbalanced government and ISIS was born of the turmoil that ensued.

And the real problems started when with US help the Sunni's were kicked out of power and they were actually the people who knew how to run things. It created a seriously unbalanced government and ISIS was born of the turmoil that ensued.

Iraq had a very socialized economy before the US took over. In flagrant violation of international law, the US privatized much of it. In order to ensure the privatization stuck, they needed to remove everyone associated to the previous government.

The result was chaos.

Iraq had a very socialized economy before the US took over. In flagrant violation of international law, the US privatized much of it. In order to ensure the privatization stuck, they needed to remove everyone associated to the previous government.

The result was chaos.

I'm no fan of Saddam's for sure, but he kept the trains running on time. I went there 6 weeks ahead of when the bombs started to fall, and the place was pretty much peaceful. If the US was bent on taking him out they could have done so but left a good portion of his government in place and the worked toward a balanced approach. Instead they propped up Al Maliki, and the rest as they say is history.

And the real problems started when with US help the Sunni's were kicked out of power and they were actually the people who knew how to run things.

Ah yes, the halcyon days when we used to help the Sunnis subjugate, torture, rape and murder Shia.

That, amongst some of the other brilliant moves we've made is what created a seriously unbalanced region and the turmoil that's probably now herding us all towards WW3.

Ah yes, the halcyon days when we used to help the Sunnis subjugate, torture, rape and murder Shia.

That, amongst some of the other brilliant moves we've made is what created a seriously unbalanced region and the turmoil that's probably now herding us all towards WW3.

Ever wonder why neither Bush nor Cheney travel outside the US anymore?

Coming from someone who uses the white nationalist secret handshake as his forum name, I believe you.

Well that's a startling claim! Can you back it up!? I heard the term on an episode of The West Wing. It means I am a Citizen of Rome. I don't know why white nationalists outside Italy would make use of such a term, particularly since such people tend not to respect Italian Catholics much. I just googled the term and find no racial connotations involved.

good on ya for finally saying it outright! Apparently... only Harper Conservatives have the wherewithal to filter out your MuslimMenaceâ„¢... all Muslims are bad... all Christians are good! Oh my!

I would not say all, for sure. But I think Christians would integrate easier, are in more danger, and are less likely to have values of gender hatred.

This is one uninformed statement (and I don't use the real word your statement deserves out of respect for the board). There are a lot more Muslims (Shia, Yazidis, even Sunnis) killed by terrorist ISIS than Christians. Also hatred based on race, religion, color,.... is stupid and out of date now as the time of Nazi Germany is over and the hatred side lost.

Well, I would say your reply was uninformed. No one can make a case that Muslims would, on the whole, make better immigrants than Christians, and no one can make the case that Muslims are in more danger in that part of the world than Christians. I don't hate Muslims but I heavily disapprove of the gender hatred which is embraced by that religion.

May I also remind you of Christian atrocities against Muslims as recent as 90's

I would not want a lot of Serbians coming to Canada either. But I'm more concerned with the gender hatred embraced by so many Muslims, and do not want to import it to Canada. The raping and enslaving of non-Muslim girls by ISIS is, according to them and many other Muslims, acceptable under their religion. In Sweden, we have seen the rape rate skyrocket since its government began to take in Muslim immigrants and refugees. In the UK we have seen a series of Muslim gangs arrested for the rape and sexual abuse of underage British girls. And in Canada, I have to tell you as the father of three daughters, that their encounters with Muslims in school and outside of it show the general lack of respect Muslim males have for girls and women. I do not think bringing in more Muslims will make this a better country for my daughters in the future.