• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some sort of biological swab test or retinal scan that will sort Christians out from the rest? You'll probably also want to sort out the lefties.

I am fairly certain that the Christians self-identify, that almost no Muslim would claim to be Christian, and that a few basic questions about Christianity would reveal any false claimants.

No. What we need to do is tear up the Sykes–Picot Agreement and go back to the drawing board, only this time not in secret and where the people in the ME region get to draw the maps.

The EU can compensate Turkey for the land they contribute towards Kurdistan.

That makes perfect sense. However, there is no chance any of the Arab governments in that region would agree.

When we whip out our F 18's we are are continuing dow a path that has no end game and is in effect making us a defacto aid of Assad's.

Well, maybe we should aid him. I realize the man is horrible, but at least he provided stability. And a number of people here, including you, are blaming the West for dislodging his mirror image Saddam. So logically they would want Asaad to remain in power and someone like Saddam to be put in charge of Iraq.

Edited by Civis Romanus sum

And the real problems started when with US help the Sunni's were kicked out of power and they were actually the people who knew how to run things. It created a seriously unbalanced government and ISIS was born of the turmoil that ensued.

So are you suggesting Iraq needs to be ruled by its minority? The same logic could be used to reinstate minority rule in Zimbabwe and South Africa, you know. After all, the whites were the ones who knew how to run things, and since black majority rule both countries have gone downhill.

I'm no fan of Saddam's for sure, but he kept the trains running on time. I went there 6 weeks ahead of when the bombs started to fall, and the place was pretty much peaceful. If the US was bent on taking him out they could have done so but left a good portion of his government in place and the worked toward a balanced approach. Instead they propped up Al Maliki, and the rest as they say is history.

You do realize you're accusing the US of dislodging a man who was effectively a monster, and propping up a democratically elected prime minister instead...

It's not about trying to sponsor a nation to be more democratic.....making the world a safer place in the future.....It's all about pointing the finger, at the US....and keeping our heads buried in the sand, so the monsters in the world don't take notice of us....

Oh I agree the least sensible solutions will be the one's that will be tried first, like reinstalling someone like Saddam and helping Assad for example.

I don't suggest it. However, those would not be the least sensible. They would likely be the most sensible, if heartless. The current mess would be brought to a quick end.

You do realize you're accusing the US of dislodging a man who was effectively a monster, and propping up a democratically elected prime minister instead...

He may have been a monster, but he kept the various factions at bay and the place was relatively stable. I've already pointed out I was no fan, but the so called democratically elected PM was totally the wrong man to put in his place.

Well, I would say your reply was uninformed. No one can make a case that Muslims would, on the whole, make better immigrants than Christians, and no one can make the case that Muslims are in more danger in that part of the world than Christians. I don't hate Muslims but I heavily disapprove of the gender hatred which is embraced by that religion.

I would not want a lot of Serbians coming to Canada either. But I'm more concerned with the gender hatred embraced by so many Muslims, and do not want to import it to Canada. The raping and enslaving of non-Muslim girls by ISIS is, according to them and many other Muslims, acceptable under their religion. In Sweden, we have seen the rape rate skyrocket since its government began to take in Muslim immigrants and refugees. In the UK we have seen a series of Muslim gangs arrested for the rape and sexual abuse of underage British girls. And in Canada, I have to tell you as the father of three daughters, that their encounters with Muslims in school and outside of it show the general lack of respect Muslim males have for girls and women. I do not think bringing in more Muslims will make this a better country for my daughters in the future.

I don't know much when it comes to religion but I know that much that most if not all religions discriminate based on gender Christianity included. What I am against though is generalization. I am sure that you can find among Muslims too many who respect women as much as most progressive western men do though I admit percentage wise it may be lower. Also don't tell me that wife abuse, wife bantering, rape, assaults disrespect for females,... is only among Muslim immigrants if you think so then read about statistics about all above right in your own backyard as how widespread all above are in North America and Europe, So saying that Muslims or any other religion or race or nationality is disrespectful of women (rather than saying some assholes that some of them could be Muslims as well like ISIS) or any other generalization is wrong even could stem from lack of knowledge or even bigotry.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

I've always wonder how you got your news.....now we know

that's your shot? Are you feeling just a tad frustrated with the waldo pointing out your failings? Here's a thought: "news", as you say, comes in many forms... several mediums... that particular 'cartoon' video I linked to is from 'Mark Fiore'... a Pulitzer Prize winner for editorial cartooning... his work regularly publishes as a part of the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper's online presence. His history includes being published by some of the most profiled and prestigious news outlets (print and online)... Washington Post, LA Times, Newsweek, WSJ, CNN, Slate, CBSNews, Frontline, etc..

say ya... now you/"we" know, hey!