College Football player hits a woman on video

Boges

You do realize that is almost diametrically in opposition to anything you've ever posted here in terms of equality of the sexes, right?

Seriously, do women not have equal rights and responsibilities? Are they not capable of the same level of self-control?

...not to mention race relations.

You do realize that is almost diametrically in opposition to anything you've ever posted here in terms of equality of the sexes, right?

Seriously, do women not have equal rights and responsibilities? Are they not capable of the same level of self-control?

No, it most certainly isn't. Men need to act classy and not hit women who are of an inferior strength.

No, it most certainly isn't. Men need to act classy and not hit women who are of an inferior strength.

Nope....law enforcement will arrest the woman if she commits initial battery in a domestic call. Society will no longer tolerate violence by females towards males or females...book 'em.

Violent assault is not an acceptable response to someone saying something you disagree with. This is true regardless of the race/sex of the individuals involved.

Legally, yeah. Socially, no. You do not get to deliberately get in someone's face and think there won't be any consequences. Talk shit, get hit.

besides, in this case, the woman wasn't just saying things, she started physically assaulting him first. He hit her back once to stop the attack. Well deserved.

Legally, yeah. Socially, no. You do not get to deliberately get in someone's face and think there won't be any consequences. Talk shit, get hit.

besides, in this case, the woman wasn't just saying things, she started physically assaulting him first. He hit her back once to stop the attack. Well deserved.

So I guess you and a bunch of other people here did not actually watch the video. Right? If you did you'd see he made contact first. Putting aside the fact he was forcing his way in, he grabs her arm first. Even after she raises her leg he does not let go. After she swings he then strikes her. Watch the video. You'll see he initiates the sequence, not her. As to racial slurs, well who knows, there is no audio so its just he said she said. and as has already been pointed out racial slurs and nasty language do not justify assault anyway.

So I guess you and a bunch of other people here did not actually watch the video. Right? If you did you'd see he made contact first. Putting aside the fact he was forcing his way in, he grabs her arm first. Even after she raises her leg he does not let go. After she swings he then strikes her. Watch the video. You'll see he initiates the sequence, not her. As to racial slurs, well who knows, there is no audio so its just he said she said. and as has already been pointed out racial slurs and nasty language do not justify assault anyway.

I did watch it, just watched it again too. She pushed her way past him, and initiated the confrontation. She raised her hand to hit him, and he defended himself by grabbing her arm, she lashed out again and hit him in the face, then he hit her back.

Without the audio, it's impossible to know for sure, but it sure looks to me like she went in looking for trouble and ran into someone who refused to be a victim.

Nope....law enforcement will arrest the woman if she commits initial battery in a domestic call. Society will no longer tolerate violence by females towards males or females...book 'em.

A lot of times the cops arrest both if there's no clear evidence of who initiated the violence as well.

Any person has the RIGHT to protect themselves with an appropriate response.

If he was being assaulted, then he had the right to protect himself.

A 300 lb , 6 foot 8 inch body builder has the right to protect himself from a 100 lb, 5 foot 3 inch individual with appropriate action. That protection can vary from shooting the aggressor to walking away to subduing the aggressor until the police are called. I do not think that punching a drunk young female in the face is an appropriate response from an athlete.

This guy got what he deserved. As an athlete with a potential lucrative career in professional football he should have known better.

The drunk blonde deserved a lesson for getting drunk and lippy in a bar - a very harsh lesson but a lesson nevertheless.

Others reading this story got a lesson on how to endanger a future career when you cannot control your temper.

I think the big concern is that for some reason, young girls today think they should be able to inflict physical abuse on men without any consequences or accountability. I do agree with C_F that hitting a girl is a punk move, but she pulled a douche bag move herself. People nudge others at the bar all the time, why she came unwound so easily is perplexing - i guess the alcohol has some part. Should a guy have to take physical and racial abuse from anybody, girls included?

He'll have this incident attached to his career forever, she got a bloody nose - big deal!

I did watch it, just watched it again too. She pushed her way past him, and initiated the confrontation. She raised her hand to hit him, and he defended himself by grabbing her arm, she lashed out again and hit him in the face, then he hit her back.

I don't see it that way. She was there first, and he determinedly forced his way in between her and another girl, pressing heavily against her despite her turning to tell him to stop. He kept jamming in against her, and while she did raise her fist, she didn't hit him with it. He grabbed her arm, shoving her, and refusing to let go. She was justified in trying to hit him, which she did, with a glancing blow. He had no justification for punching her. In most bars I've been in the next step would be him getting his face punched in by any guy standing nearby, then thrown bodily out the door into the gutter by the bouncers.

Edited by Argus

I think the big concern is that for some reason, young girls today think they should be able to inflict physical abuse on men without any consequences or accountability.

That's always been the case to some extent. Hollywood history is replete with scenes of women slapping men who said something obnoxious, and only a 'cad' would think of hitting back.

In this case, she was justified and he was a punk.

Edited by Argus