Immigration

Not when the Harper Government™ is asked about refugees and they respond with immigrant numbers.

In the Canadian context, refugees are immigrants, since we send no one back to their home countries after there is peace. And since most refugees are really economic migrants, there really isn't a lot of difference between the two categories.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Islamic State ISS reveals it has smuggled over 4,000 Islamic extremist gunmen into Europe, hidden among refugees.

Well I don't know about 4,000 but on the other hand, why wouldn't they smuggle some of their people into Europe this way? It's pretty easy. None of the migrants have papers so there's no way to identify them. And the first time there is a terrorist attack which can be traced to one of these migrants most European leaders are going to look like total idiots, particularly Angela Merkel and Stefan Löfven. It could even cause their governments to fall, if the incident is severe enough.

Do you support Canadian combat missions in the Middle East?

Lets be clear there are 6 fighter planes, and 60 troops training rebels....thats not a combat mission, it's assisting the assistance in a very small way.

just enough to say we are there and we are doing something.....

Now critics are asking it does not seem to be working, where are the results....like we where at a drive through at Mac donalds.....want to end this, then give the resources and manpower to get the job done....and stick with them until it is completed.....

Most of the questions the gov. has actually been asked, either thru Harper or Alexander have resulted in the most obvious obfuscation and deflection that I've ever seen his gov. attempt, and that's saying something.

Of course. Why would you expect otherwise? You can't answer questions honestly in the current atmosphere without causing great offense.

If the were to bring up the enormous cost of bringing over, sheltering and housing many tens of thousands of migrants, for example, they would be pounced on as heartless. If they were to suggest most of those they brought over would never be able to obtain work beyond the most menial, and thus never be taxpayers, they would be called names, as well.

Of course. Why would you expect otherwise? You can't answer questions honestly in the current atmosphere without causing great offense.

If the were to bring up the enormous cost of bringing over, sheltering and housing many tens of thousands of migrants, for example, they would be pounced on as heartless. If they were to suggest most of those they brought over would never be able to obtain work beyond the most menial, and thus never be taxpayers, they would be called names, as well.

Joe Clark, whether you like him or not, just went ahead and got things done with regard to the "boat people" and none of the woes all you tin hatter's like to bring up over immigration, didn't materialize.

The Libetals and NDP are stumbling over each other in an effort to propose the most irresponsible plans to bring in as many as 50,000 refugees, fast racked without any of the usual protocols. It's another great illustration as to how they're still completely unfit to govern Canada. It's like watching a couple of kids at the children's table desperately seeking a way to get to eat with the grown ups. It's pathetic and unbecoming of anyone serious seeking to be prime minister.

The Libetals and NDP are stumbling over each other in an effort to propose the most irresponsible plans to bring in as many as 50,000 refugees, fast racked without any of the usual protocols. It's another great illustration as to how they're still completely unfit to govern Canada. It's like watching a couple of kids at the children's table desperately seeking a way to get to eat with the grown ups. It's pathetic and unbecoming of anyone serious seeking to be prime minister.

And Harper and Alexander continue stumbling in unison as they attempt re assemble their failed immigration policy. The interviews with Alexander have been especially revealing of the obfuscation that is so typical of this government. Both the NDP ad LPC have suggested sending immigration officials to the UNHCR refugee camps to properly screen refugees so saying no protocols will be followed is just more CPC blurring of the facts.

Edited by On Guard for Thee

Lets be clear there are 6 fighter planes, and 60 troops training rebels....thats not a combat mission, it's assisting the assistance in a very small way.

Now critics are asking it does not seem to be working, where are the results....like we where at a drive through at Mac donalds.....want to end this, then give the resources and manpower to get the job done....and stick with them until it is completed.....

ya ya, I'd expect you'd like nothing more than another 10+ years drawn out cluster-**** ... you'd be able to 'get sum', hey!

Do you not think it odd Canada, a country far from the world's trouble spots, with a small population, would ever be as high as five on such a list? I do! This country is much harder to reach than European countries, or countries even closer to world trouble spots. I think your list reflects geography more than generosity.

The United States, I've heard, has committed to taking 60,000 Syrians. That's six times Canada's commitment, but the US has 10 times Canada's population. So Harper has actually been much more generous than Barrack Obama. I don't see him being attacked as cruel and heartless, though. I also don't see him being blamed here for the mess in the ME. Instead it's Harper's fault somehow...

Spot on. Obama's foreign policy effs up Syria but Harper's to blame somehow. It's more of the affirmative action treatment Obama gets from the left. Why blame the guy actually responsible when there's a perfectly good white guy in another country that they can blame. And the 50,000 refugee commitment by the Liberals and NDP is reckless and irresponsible. But that's what you get from leaders that are putting politics ahead of what's good for the country.

Do you not think it odd Canada, a country far from the world's trouble spots, with a small population, would ever be as high as five on such a list? I do! This country is much harder to reach than European countries, or countries even closer to world trouble spots. I think your list reflects geography more than generosity.

oh my! Yet another guy who reaches for the "we're so far away" card! :lol: They just need bigger/better boats, right? Clearly, that list showing Canada (under Harper Conservatives) dropping 10 country positions has certainly drawn out the apologists around here!

but here's another list... fits in quite timely with Harper's blustering about Canada's per-capita immigration rate. Wait, what's that... Harper was being asked about refugees and he pulled out a reference to immigration - say it ain't so! But I digress... per the UNHDR, (refugees, resettlement and asylum), Canada ranks 41st in the world per-capita:

lO81HPf.jpg

ya ya, I'd expect you'd like nothing more than another 10+ years drawn out cluster-**** ... you'd be able to 'get sum', hey!

It would have just as much or more impact than say bringing in 10,000 or 25,000 refugees a year....atleast it is step in stopping ISIL from spreading....where the plan you support does nothing to stop anything....Except maybe clearing your conscience.

It would have just as much or more impact than say bringing in 10,000 or 25,000 refugees a year........where the plan you support does nothing to stop anything....Except maybe clearing your conscience.

you continue to play that "guilt card" of yours! I believe that's called 'psychological projection'... on YOUR part!

Ok so you support the mission against ISIS. Great...but why? I suspect, that since ISIS is a cruel and brutal regime you support it on humanitarian grounds. Right?

That makes sense to me; but what doesn't add up is how so many conservatives will support war on humanitarian grounds, but then defend limiting aid to refugees that have been displaced by war and evil regimes.

you continue to play that "guilt card" of yours! I believe that's called 'psychological projection'... on YOUR part!

Easy big fella, you have chosen your path in life, and i mine...you have an opinion, i have mine...a debate is sharing those opinion in hopes of someone getting educated....yours seems to you have to be right above all else..... nice try though guilt card, don't tell me you got another cartoon for that....