Caitlyn Jenner

As for the greed, good grief. I don't think this is a publicity stunt in the sense that it's all fake, but Caitlynn certainly milked it for every last dime. From the start the whole family vehemently denied everything even though Bruce had breasts, nail polish, laser hair removal and a changing facial appearance.

By doing so, they created a media frenzy of is she or isn't she? Then in a perfectly orchestrated manner, she cashed in with the interview and the subsequent magazine spread, carefully making sure that she is not pictured as a woman any time beforehand (which we know never happens when someone is transitioning).

I don't have a problem with Caitlynn cashing in on this. Everyone has to make a living and if she can milk this, so what?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong but something tells me you may be against the amount of money corporate CEO's make 'for a living'. Why? Everyone has to make money, no?

Sometimes it's a fine line between making a living and excessive greed and that's where people become a bit critical.

Kris Kardashian exploiting the personal lives of her entire family is just making a living too.

I could be wrong but something tells me you may be against the amount of money corporate CEO's make 'for a living'. Why? Everyone has to make money, no?

Sometimes it's a fine line between making a living and excessive greed and that's where people become a bit critical.

Kris Kardashian exploiting the personal lives of her entire family is just making a living too.

I really don't care how people make their money as long as it's legal. If there is a demand for the product and it seems that there is for the Jenners and the kardashians then all the more power to them. It's not for me to judge how people earn a living. And let's not forget the people behind the scenes of these entities who are also making a living.

I have a choice to not watch these high earning reality shows and so I don't think I'm contributing to their bank account so it doesn't bother me.

And, if in a few years Caitlyn decides to detransition then ... ?

Why would you think that? Caitlyn has identified as a female from a very young age. You think she will change her mind after the life she has faced living like a man? She certainly seems quite happy living publicly like a woman. Kudos to her.

That's completely wrong. There's nothing stopping a transgender person from having children, given that they haven't had gender reconstruction surgery.

Well, aside from adoption.....think about it for a moment.

Sure if you are in the mindset of transgender, but have not done the physical part yet... sure possible. But in the case of Jenner, as a male, he could not get anyone pregnant, and as a 'woman' he could not get pregnant. Missing some vital parts like a uterus and ovaries.

The question posed was would it be wise to let the partner know about the gender change before getting married, and starting a family. I say yes.

Well, aside from adoption.....think about it for a moment.

Sure if you are in the mindset of transgender, but have not done the physical part yet... sure possible. But in the case of Jenner, as a male, he could not get anyone pregnant, and as a 'woman' he could not get pregnant. Missing some vital parts like a uterus and ovaries.

The question posed was would it be wise to let the partner know about the gender change before getting married, and starting a family. I say yes.

Caitlyn could offer her sperm to a surrogate mom. It's been done before. Not rocket science.

Of course they would have to notify a potential partner. Why is this issue even being brought up?

Edited by WestCoastRunner

Caitlyn could offer her sperm to a surrogate mom. It's been done before. Not rocket science.

Of course they would have to notify a potential partner. Why is this issue even being brought up?

It was a question Hardner brought up. And well this is about as good a thread as any to bring that question in. I guess I was the only one who decided to answer it instead of adding to the fluff over the past few pages.

It was a question Hardner brought up. And well this is about as good a thread as any to bring that question in. I guess I was the only one who decided to answer it instead of adding to the fluff over the past few pages.

It just seems a silly question to me, however I understand no question is silly so maybe I should retract that. Edited by WestCoastRunner

If he wants to identify with being a woman - fine. I don't care. If he wants people to look at him as a gibbon, clown fish or newt, that's fine by me - it doesn't mean he is any of those things though.

Even the study makes sure to stipulate that it's just a cosmetic thing to help people 'look like' the opposite sex.

If he wants to identify with being a woman - fine. I don't care. If he wants people to look at him as a gibbon, clown fish or newt, that's fine by me - it doesn't mean he is any of those things though.

Even the study makes sure to stipulate that it's just a cosmetic thing to help people 'look like' the opposite sex.

Not sure what your point is here.

It just seems a silly question to me, however I understand no question is silly so maybe I should retract that.

It really is not a silly question. If you met someone that had a sex change( and you did not know) and wanted to pursue a relationship and a family, it becomes a critical question. If one wants kids, but cannot produce them (via pregnancy) then that changes the relationship. However, if the partner is good with the other's sex change then other options like adoption are still there. As there are many countless kids that need a good home.

It really is not a silly question. If you met someone that had a sex change( and you did not know) and wanted to pursue a relationship and a family, it becomes a critical question. If one wants kids, but cannot produce them (via pregnancy) then that changes the relationship. However, if the partner is good with the other's sex change then other options like adoption are still there. As there are many countless kids that need a good home.

I guess I'm assuming the partner would be forthright.

If I was dating a dude who looked like a woman (and that's all it really is- pretend) I'd want to know. Would you, WCR want to know if the dude you're dating was actually just a lady-boy?

Yes I probably would but maybe not. I don't know really. Depends on how good the dude was in bed.

Let me pour some intelligent commentary on to the stupid fire.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/barbara-kay-caitlyn-jenner-trivializes-the-momentousness-of-what-it-means-to-be-a-woman

"The true-to-ideology feminists are understandably put off by Caitlyn’s conflation of womanhood with a seductive appearance, beautiful long nails, thick eyelashes and a wavy fall of glossy hair. And with reason. It banalizes and trivializes the momentousness of what it means to be a woman in full."

100% yes.

• 2 weeks later...