Revolutionary Women

jacee

And?

What's the point of this thread?

That women are awesome?

Well, I have a wife, sister, and mother so already know that.

If you want to get into famous awesome women then by all means we can discuss some of our favourites.

Mine include Margaret Atwood, Sandra Fluke, Monica Lewinsky and Jenna Jameson.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited due to possible "sarchasm" misunderstanding - you know, where there is a gulf of understanding the sarcasm.

The women I have mentioned are "revolutionary" in their own ways.

Perhaps not in the same way intended in the OP but who knows since who knows exactly what the point of the OP is.

I will gladly remove this post once the point of the thread is clarified.

Edited by msj

msj: The women I have mentioned are "revolutionary" in their own ways.

Perhaps not in the same way intended in the OP but who knows since who knows exactly what the point of the OP is.

You've just described the point of the thread, in, unnn, let me check, ..., yup, two fairly succinct sentences.

Now that wasn't that difficult, was it, msj?

I'd give all the credit to the millions of women who nurture and love their children relentlessly, without hesitation or complaints, everyday with every ounce of their energy and attention. That is more of a miracle then anything else any male or female has accomplished.

The importance of their work can never be under-emphasized. It's by far the most crucial task in the continuity of our species. I hold my wife in higher esteem for her work at home with our children then any of these women you named. She created and cares for 3 miracles.

All women have the capacity to create a miracle, Only a few males ever come close to that.

Edited by Freddy

I'd give all the credit to the millions of women who nurture and love their children relentlessly, without hesitation or complaints, everyday with every ounce of their energy and attention. That is more of a miracle then anything else any male or female has accomplished.

The importance of their work can never be under-emphasized. It's by far the most crucial task in the continuity of our species.

Sure, but this is in international politics so I don't think the inference is to that part of women being awesome.

Presumably it is something else.

Besides, many women can be "awesome" and have children too - look at Margaret Thatcher, for example.

As to the most crucial task in the continuity of our species?

Oh, come on - it's got to be making sweet sweet love. You don't get to propagate unless you impregnate!

But this is likely off topic - not sure since we don't know what the OP's argument is.

The importance of their work can never be under-emphasized. It's by far the most crucial task in the continuity of our species. I hold my wife in higher esteem for her work at home with our children then any of these women you named. She created and cares for 3 miracles.

And, don't forget, she did it all without the help of the lazy-ass sperm donor responsible!

All women have the capacity to create a miracle, Only a few males ever come close to that.

1) Not all women have the capacity to have kids. Not all women want them.

2) For someone who is all "nature" this and "nature" that, you're pretty quick to elevate child bearing, one the most basic biological function, into some kind of great accomplishment. How can something be a miracle when it has happened, quite literally, trillions of times?

Some interesting tid bits to bring this back to being "on topic:"

1) The first lady is Nadezhda Krupskay (Lenin's wife - for those who want to know the "awesome" man behind the "awesome" woman) - no kids probably due to thyroid gland issues (or maybe she was just smart enough to not want to have kids - or so says the guy who doesn't have kids so no bias here).

2) Lakshmi Sehgal had two daughters after she commanded a regiment in the 1940's.

3) Sophie Scholl sadly died quite young so did not have any children.

4) Blanca Canales appears to never have had any children.

Etc etc....

It is not entirely clear about all of the 10 awesome women mentioned but it appears that those who did have children often had them after they did whatever they did to make them "awesome."

As such, I would suggest that it is not having children that makes people awesome and, if they then have children, doing so makes them mainstream and less revolutionary.

Once again, no bias from the guy who ain't having kids. :P

Last night, I watched C-PAC, topic "are we losing our Democracy" and they mentioned that t both the NDP and Liberals have more women as members than the Conservatives. Does anyone know if the former PC federals had more women than the so-called Conservatives???

2) Lakshmi Sehgal had two daughters after she commanded a regiment in the 1940's.

For the record, the regiment she commanded was in the INA which was set up by the Japanese (initially with POW's captured at Singapore) and fought with them against the Allies in India and Burma.

Approximately 2.5 million Indians fought with the Allies in WW2 making it the largest all volunteer army in history.