Canadian media is just a joke

Canadian media is nothing more than a joke.

When I read National Post, I found “Ex-senator’s wife charged after alleged attack with a hand-held fan and a lit cigarette at a medical clinic” http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/ex-senators-wife-charged-after-alleged-attack-with-a-hand-held-fan-and-a-lit-cigarette-at-a-medical-clinic
It says:

-- quote:

In the alleged assaults, police say she used a lit cigarette as a weapon against a woman, and then a hand-held fan on another woman during the same incident.
...threatening three city police officers while holding kitchen knives.

But there is nothing about the cause of the incident, and nothing about what others did to her.

What Canadian media wants to do is nothing but misleading, just like what Toronto Star did to Rob Ford before he gave up the mayor election.

Edited by bjre

What Canadian media wants to do is nothing but misleading, just like what Toronto Star did to Rob Ford before he gave up the mayor election.

Rob Ford gave up on being a mayor because he has cancer. He also smoked crack a few times with crackheads and gang members.

Canadian media is nothing more than a joke.

When I read National Post, I found Ex-senators wife charged after alleged attack with a hand-held fan and a lit cigarette at a medical clinic http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/ex-senators-wife-charged-after-alleged-attack-with-a-hand-held-fan-and-a-lit-cigarette-at-a-medical-clinic

It says:

-- quote:

In the alleged assaults, police say she used a lit cigarette as a weapon against a woman, and then a hand-held fan on another woman during the same incident.

...threatening three city police officers while holding kitchen knives.

But there is nothing about the cause of the incident, and nothing about what others did to her.

Ummm ... You really think it matters?

Ummm ... You really think it matters?

Just have some curiosity about why she used a lit cigarette against a woman.

Was that woman a drug dealer and she tried to burn the dug?

Did that woman carried a bomb and she tried to make explosion with the cigarette?

Because of lack of detail, the imagination can be without limit.

Did that woman carried a bomb and she tried to make explosion with the cigarette?

The woman has a history of instability.

Perhaps the details of the cause of the fracas are not known yet.

The article does helpfully point out some of her prior history with the law. A temper tantrum on an airplane, threatening paramedics who were called to her home to help her feeble old husband, threatening police, kicking the window out of a cop car, refusing to show up for a court date.

-k

Edited by kimmy

Perhaps the details of the cause of the fracas are not known yet.

The article does helpfully point out some of her prior history with the law. A temper tantrum on an airplane, threatening paramedics who were called to her home to help her feeble old husband, threatening police, kicking the window out of a cop car, refusing to show up for a court date.

-k

Model citizen.

To be fair, she's just the wife of a senator. I couldn't possibly care less about her. Now did she have some important position in Ottawa I should know about? Because frankly I don't think a senator's wife's actions should reflect on the senator.

To be fair, she's just the wife of a senator. I couldn't possibly care less about her. Now did she have some important position in Ottawa I should know about? Because frankly I don't think a senator's wife's actions should reflect on the senator.

He's not even a senator anymore. He retired due to poor health.

This is only in the news because she's an attractive 26 year old woman who achieved a modest level of infamy when she married a septuagenarian senator.

And to that extent I agree with bjre on the premise of the media being a joke.

-k

And the OP's main question is being studiously ignored.

"Canadian media is just a joke".

Does anyone recall ever reading any articles about USA terrorism, USA war crimes, the USA being convicted by the International Court of Justice for terrorism against Nicaragua?

Can anyone point me to any Canadian media articles discussing how the USA completely rejected that conviction, the only time any country has been so designated as terrorist?

Examples of USA war crimes and terrorism are legion. Can anyone point me to discussions of same in Canadian media?

But it still is a joke.

All mainstream western media is a joke, PIK. They are supposed to a call to reason, a control on evil politicians. Not the equivalent of Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.

Fifty plus years of uncontrolled, malevolent terrorism directed against Cuba, after a previous sixty years of USA dictatorships against the same cuban people and not a boo!

All that same time while numerous USA terrorist actions going on against numerous other countries.

Not a boo! It's no wonder those countries finally said, ENOUGH, and formed an organization that didn't include the USA and Canada.

And when these nations get into trouble economic or anything bad, who is there to help, It is America. And it was not a dictatorship by America is was the castros. So when the shit hits the fan with these countries who going to get the call. America and Canada and we will save their asses again.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason that North America media is a joke is because the owners of those medias are the elite, who want to control the news and the world. Now having said that , I'm not sure Canadians media are the same as the US but anything is possible.

Ummm...no...I don't think Mexican media wants to control the news of the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Read about 1/2 into the story. Most misleading headline of the year candidate:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harper-government-cranks-up-polling-in-run-up-to-election-1.3109766

Poll costs are soaring. In the last few years, they've gone from $31M all the way up to almost $5M! Wait, what?

Edited by Smallc